• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010
    Pay me.

Then I'll shit all over your movie.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Perhaps some 'guaranteed or your money back' satisfaction would give his words more weight. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thor wrote
    Steven wrote
    I don't think he sounds like a spoiled brat. He sounds like he's being honest to me, which is quite nice. Transformers 2 and Indy 4 were pretty bad, and he's saying it like it is. Good for him I say.

I agree totally. Very refreshing to hear someone talk like that in Schmoochy Hollywood, where people make a living out of kissing each other's asses.

Personally, I liked CRYSTAL SKULL, but recognize some of its shortcomings.

He's not an outsider; he's inside and he's getting a shitload of money, both in the past but also his present and from what it seems in his future as well, from the very system he mocks. Don't you see the irony here?

Not really.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Okay.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010 edited
    To be honest, he's not mocking the system, just a director's output he's not content with. But he was there when they made it. And maybe he's not the right person to question his director, but he says he's had a lot of discussions with Ford about how displeased they were with the film. Why afterwards? If he's so thick with Spielberg, why not express your concerns during pre-production? Why make it sound like it's Spielberg fault when you're on set as a team? (Spielberg reportedly is a very collaborative director).

I'm all for honesty, but this is just saving your own image. With both Indy and Transformers, he keeps mentioning the name of the director and how he's not content with what he did. It would've been a lot better if he mentioned he wasn't happy with what they all, together did.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You must have an image first in order to try and save it wink
  1. BobdH wrote
    To be honest, he's not mocking the system, just a director's output he's not content with. But he was there when they made it. And maybe he's not the right person to question his director, but he says he's had a lot of discussions with Ford about how displeased they were with the film. Why afterwards? If he's so thick with Spielberg, why not express your concerns during pre-production? Why make it sound like it's Spielberg fault when you're on set as a team? (Spielberg reportedly is a very collaborative director).

I'm all for honesty, but this is just saving your own image. With both Indy and Transformers, he keeps mentioning the name of the director and how he's not content with what he did. It would've been a lot better if he mentioned he wasn't happy with what they all, together did.

The actual production and how the movie turns out on release are two separate things. It's impossible to see the big picture during production for anyone but the director / producers / execs. Certainly not actors who are only paid to do what the guy in the chair tells them to do. So it's only natural for the actors to have ill feelings about a project after it's finished. I think.

And I like Labeouf, his spunky performance in the first Transformers was one of the best things of that film actually. He has a likeable kid around the block attitude.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thor wrote
    Steven wrote
    I don't think he sounds like a spoiled brat. He sounds like he's being honest to me, which is quite nice. Transformers 2 and Indy 4 were pretty bad, and he's saying it like it is. Good for him I say.

I agree totally. Very refreshing to hear someone talk like that in Schmoochy Hollywood, where people make a living out of kissing each other's asses.

Personally, I liked CRYSTAL SKULL, but recognize some of its shortcomings.

He's not an outsider; he's inside and he's getting a shitload of money, both in the past but also his present and from what it seems in his future as well, from the very system he mocks. Don't you see the irony here?

Not really, no. He can almost say whatever he will, he's Shia Lebouef. As he himself says, I doubt Spielberg is offended by it. And if he is...that doesn't mean LeBoeuf will lose any more jobs from him. And if that happens too...so what? He can get another high-profile gig elsewhere.

More honest people like this in Schmoochy Hollywood, please! (hopefully people who are even MORE honest, who tell it like it is).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2010
    Question is if you give a damn about what he has to say; some do, others don't; naturally.