• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2008 edited
    In a report by the BBC:

Musical tastes and personality type are closely related, according to a study of more than 36,000 people from around the world.

It suggested classical music fans were shy, while heavy metal aficionados were gentle and at ease with themselves.

One of the most surprising things is the similarities between fans of classical music and heavy metal. They're both creative and at ease but not outgoing.

You can read the rest of the report here.

It later goes on to state musical styles against personalities:

BLUES - High self-esteem, creative, outgoing, gentle and at ease

JAZZ - High self-esteem, creative, outgoing and at ease

CLASSICAL MUSIC - High self-esteem, creative, introvert and at ease

RAP - High self-esteem, outgoing

OPERA - High self-esteem, creative, gentle

COUNTRY AND WESTERN - Hardworking, outgoing

REGGAE - High self-esteem, creative, not hardworking, outgoing, gentle and at ease

DANCE - Creative, outgoing, not gentle

INDIE - Low self-esteem, creative, not hard working, not gentle

BOLLYWOOD - Creative, outgoing

ROCK/HEAVY METAL -Low self-esteem, creative, not hard-working, not outgoing, gentle, at ease

CHART POP - High self-esteem, not creative, hardworking, outgoing, gentle, not at ease

SOUL - High self-esteem, creative, outgoing, gentle, at ease

I'd obviously put myself under classical, and funnily enough I fit the pattern above. I wonder if personality depends or musical taste, or if musical taste depends on personality?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2008
    Well, according to this article have both high and lowself-esteem, I'm creative, an introvert, at ease, not hard-working, and not outgoing.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I think this is an indicator only. If you have the funds the type of car you purchase is too.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Some people that own Honda Accords expect them to last forever, in fact they boast about how many miles they have on their car. They are also chronic speeders.
    Thomas smile
  1. Interesting, because the ones who have blarring heavy metal music here are always yelling and throwing things ou their windows.

And I am not shy. Though I do choose not to talk often. I listen; I'm a listner. Sometimes people are wary about that. ;-)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2008
    sdtom wrote
    I think this is an indicator only. If you have the funds the type of car you purchase is too.
    Thomas

Spot on Tom! smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Interesting point Justin.
    Thomas smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    justin boggan wrote
    And I am not shy. Though I do choose not to talk often.

Clearly you don't have the same restraint here. tongue wink
  2. biggrin

Would be somewhat useful, I'd say. The restraint, that is.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I seem to fit the category SOUNDTRACKS quite well:

Soundtracks - Not bothered by any psychological reports desperately trying to pinhole taste and character.

smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I seem to fit the category SOUNDTRACKS quite well:

Soundtracks - Not bothered by any psychological reports desperately trying to pinhole taste and character.

smile

Amen to that bro beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2008
    I enjoy classical music but I don't necessarily fit the profile.
    Thomas smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2008 edited
    Those profiles suck big and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone with an IQ of more than 10 tongue cheesy wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2008
    Sorry, if I want proper surveys or research about taste and cultural goods, I'll read some Pierre Bourdieu (despite that his sentences usually run on for half a page!). I'm into many of the genres in the first post, so I would have to be a schizo of sorts. I refuse to be categorized!
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Right, Thor. Bourdieu was really amazing in those terms. I need to read more of him. Like "The rules of art"
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2008
    Agree but it can be a little bit of fun
    Thomas smile