• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2008
    The Dallas Symphony Orchestra will be performing music from the films of Anthony Hopkins (including Shadowlands, Silence of the Lambs, and the Lion in Winter) as well as original compositions by Hopkins himself, who will introduce the pieces, some of which will be projected on the big screen to the music.

The concert is one night only: Friday Oct. 17, 2008.

For more information:
    http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2008/se … llas-symp/

For tickets:
    http://dallassymphony.com/Ticket/Produc … ?perf=9764

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2008
    Cool Project. Hopkins is my second favourite actor of all time, after Nicholson.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2008
    Thor wrote
    Cool Project. Hopkins is my second favourite actor of all time, after Nicholson.

Is that set in stone Thor!? wink

Sounds like a great concert, I'd love to hear Lion In Winter live.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Dude!!!!!!!!
    You scared the crap out of me.
    I though you made this topic to say he died.
    Don't do anything like that to me again. angry

You better not do this with Sean Connery too. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2008 edited
    That exact same thought crossed my mind when I saw the title. I was a little relieved to not see the words R.I.P. or In memoriam...

Always liked this actor especially his roles in Legend of the Fall and Meet Joe Black and of course Silence of the Lambs, it's funny I cannot remember one film in where he was young, the first I saw him in was Silence... I seem to remember The Bounty starred him, but before that I cannot recall one single picture.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Not even The Elephant Man? wave
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    omaha wrote
    Dude!!!!!!!!

Hopkins has written film music so he deserves his own thread. I can't imagine anyone just writing a title "Anthony Hopkins" if he'd just died.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2008 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    That exact same thought crossed my mind when I saw the title. I was a little relieved to not see the words R.I.P. or In memoriam...

Always liked this actor especially his roles in Legend of the Fall and Meet Joe Black and of course Silence of the Lambs, it's funny I cannot remember one film in where he was young, the first I saw him in was Silence... I seem to remember The Bounty starred him, but before that I cannot recall one single picture.

For a very young Hopkins check out THE LION IN WINTER. ( 1968 )

Both A Bridge Too Far and Magic precede Elephant Man by two to three years.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Anyone know any film music I can get written by Hopkins. That would be awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Timmer wrote
    omaha wrote
    Dude!!!!!!!!

Hopkins has written film music so he deserves his own thread. I can't imagine anyone just writing a title "Anthony Hopkins" if he'd just died.

My heart still fell when I saw it. There was a moment of panic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2008
    More follow the trend it seems wink

--------

AWARD-WINNING COMPOSER JEFF BEAL RETEAMS WITH ED HARRIS FOR APPALOOSA

Ed Harris Takes on Bad Guys through acting, directing and singing

Jeff Beal wins third Prime-Time Emmy for music this week

(September 17, 2008 - Los Angeles, CA) – Historically Westerns have produced some of the most memorable movie music in cinema history. Composer Jeff Beal brings his unique talents to the Western genre when APPALOOSA, released through New Line, opens in theaters September 19th, soundtrack available on Lakeshore Records September 30th. In addition to Beal’s score, the film features the song, “You'll Never Leave My Heart” sung by the film’s director and co-star Ed Harris; music by Beal and lyrics by Harris. In describing writing music with Harris, Beal explains, “its fun to hear this voice come out of him in character. He's a natural! We tried to make it feel like a classic cowboy song from the 50's.” Beal first worked with Ed Harris on Harris’ film directorial debut, Pollock

Jeff Beal is a three-time Emmy Award® winner: main title of Monk; original dramatic score on TNT’s telefilm Nightmares and Dreamscapes: From the Stories of Stephen King; and this week for The Company. He is also an eight-time Emmy-nominee, including three for HBO’s Rome and Carnivale.

Jeff Beal traverses writing for both TV and film. He composed the score for the upcoming film Salomaybe?, directed by Al Pacino. His other film composing credits include the documentary The Pixar Story, Ping Pong Playa, Spirit of the Marathon, and The Passion of Ayn Rand. Steven Schneider (regular contributor to the NY Times) wrote of "...the richness of Beal's musical thinking - the ways in which he conceives of his solos as fully-developed mini compositions, while his compositions often capture the liveliness and unpredictability of the best improvisation."

Oscar® nominee Viggo Mortensen, four-time Oscar nominee Ed Harris, Academy Award® winner Renée Zellweger, and Academy Award winner Jeremy Irons star in the Western APPALOOSA, adapted from the Robert B. Parker novel.

Set in 1882 in the Old West territory of New Mexico, APPALOOSA revolves around city marshal Virgil Cole (Harris) and his deputy and partner Everett Hitch (Mortensen), who have made their reputation as peacekeepers in the lawless towns springing up in the untamed land. In the small mining community of Appaloosa, a ruthless, powerful rancher named Randall Bragg (Irons) has allowed his band of outlaws to run roughshod over the town. After the cold-blooded murder of Appaloosa’s city marshal, Cole and Hitch are hired to bring the murderer to justice. While establishing new authority with equal parts grits and guns, Cole and Hitch meet provocative newcomer Allison French (Zellweger), whose unconventional ways threaten to undermine their progress and to destroy the two lawmen’s decade-old partnership.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. I recently bought the new CD that features music written by actor Sir Anthony Hopkins:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Composer/dp/B00 … p;sr=301-1

I think that it may be a recording of the recent concert of his work. Does anyone know any details on which pieces come from which films (and which are non-film music pieces)?

1 - Orpheus
    2 - Stella
    3 - Evesham Fair
    4 - And The Waltz Goes On
    5 - Amerika
    6 - Margam
    7 - 1947: Circus
    8 - 1947: Bracken Road
    9 - 1947: The Plaza

I think that the last 3 pieces come from his music for the film Slipstream (2007). And IMDB list his other two titles as August and Dylan Thomas: Return Journey.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. I just listened to samples on SAE:
    http://www.screenarchives.com/flash_mp3 … height=161

I didn't know he had this kind of musical ability. I'd never heard any of his film scores.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.