• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2013
    Here in Minnesota they use salt. I would prefer the gravel. The treacherous spots are between the sidewalk and the curb. I'm extremely careful.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  1. Thor wrote
    Snow, snow, snow, coming down in spades.....it drives me mad!

WHERE THE HELL IS THE GLOBAL WARMING EVERYONE RAVES ABOUT?

If one is judging by the last two winters in Norway, it's certainly not an issue here.

That should provide you with some nice workouts. Every shovel full of snow accounts for one potato chip. wink

Here in the middle of Germany the weather alternates rain and snow. Mostly rain though.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Every shovel full of snow accounts for one potato chip.

Didn't realize how many calories one of those crispy things had.
    Tom
  2. sdtom wrote
    Every shovel full of snow accounts for one potato chip.

Didn't realize how many calories one of those crispy things had.
    Tom

A rough estimation only. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    You're probably right!! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    Snow, snow, snow, coming down in spades.....it drives me mad!

WHERE THE HELL IS THE GLOBAL WARMING EVERYONE RAVES ABOUT?

If one is judging by the last two winters in Norway, it's certainly not an issue here.

More snow coming in? Better eat another bag of chips then wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2013
    All around to Thor's for a party then.

popcorn
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2013 edited
    It is wellknown fact that a thick layer of fat protects against the cold. So more potatoe chips it is!

love POTATOE CHIPS 4-EVER! love
    I am extremely serious.
  3. I can't take it no more!

It's p-o-t-a-t-o!! wink

Better still, it's crisps!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    'Crisps' has a somewhat different meaning over here, if it is used at all. Like 'bacon crisps'. A different kind of snack.

Are you sure that potatoE isn't a legitimate alternative spelling? Perhaps I'm confusing it with tomato/tomatoe.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    Thor wrote
    'Crisps' has a somewhat different meaning over here, if it is used at all. Like 'bacon crisps'. A different kind of snack.

But the proper meaning is over here. "Potatoe" over here means you're a 5-year-old. wink

Thor wrote
    Are you sure that potatoE isn't a legitimate alternative spelling? Perhaps I'm confusing it with tomato/tomatoe.

It's t-o-m-a-t-o.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    One tomato/potato, two tomatOES/potatOES. That and the pronounciation always throw me off.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thor wrote

But the proper meaning is over here. "Potatoe" over here means you're a 5-year-old. wink

Thor wrote

It's t-o-m-a-t-o.

punk beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Thor wrote
    One tomato/potato, two tomatOES/potatOES.

Ah, now you are learning!

But don't let the confusion put you off actually eating whatever they are called.
  5. Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thor wrote

Thor wrote

It's t-o-m-a-t-o.

punk beer

Is that an British versus American English thing? (Tu läisie tu luk it ap. ) wink
  6. No it's a right versus wrong thing. wink

:kilt:
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2013
    Here in America it is Potato Chips and Tomato. The US has to be right.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Absolutely rotten weather; a mix of rain/snow, yuk. Glad I don't have to go anywhere today.
    Tom
  7. sdtom wrote
    The US has to be right.
    Tom

Well, not the US as a whole but the NYSE is our modern oracle of Delphi, isn't it?

Now, I did look it up and I could not find any refference for "tomatoe" or "potatoe". It's not British, it's not even Frensh. It's just plain wrong. (As FalkirkBairn said.)

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    It is indeed wrong. But it's funnier to write, as it mimics the British pronounciation more clearly. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2013
    We got another 6 inches of the white stuff but out temps have climbed up to almost above freezing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2013
    We actually had PLUS degrees today for the first time in ages, but there's still so many tons of snow outside that it doesn't make much of a difference. I'm expecting snow untill way out in April, at the least.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2013
    Thor wrote
    It is indeed wrong. But it's funnier to write, as it mimics the British pronounciation more clearly. smile

I can take it no more.
    It's pronunciation. PronUnciation!

And it's bloomin' cold here at the moment.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  8. and it has snowed again. I think it's been a long time since we constantly had a period in which snow, no snow, snow, no snow dominated our winter.

will be a joy again to go out on the road tomorrow sad
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2013
    We're in the midst of yet another snow storm, this time 10 inches.
    Tom
  9. Tim, did your rain today not turn to snow at all?

The snow is just beginning to settle here: I wonder how much we will get over the next 24-48 hours and how long will it take for everything to grind to a complete standstill?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2013
    Nope! Just rain and cold winds. Horrible enough IMO.
  10. Snow and -8 C in the morning. Rather uncommon here in western Germany at this time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sunny and -12 in Oslo right now. The snow....or rather ice, has been here since November last year. Even here, the temperatures have been low for the season, especially compared to last year.

The meteorologists don't expect many degrees on the plus side untill May.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Valencia was much better. 20+ degrees. What a country!

Now I'm in freezeland again. Freeze without any fjord is worthless. Praise yourself lucky Thor! biggrin
    Kazoo