• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2010
    Puts it into perspective doesn't it? Here we are asking why he takes on these projects from our armchairs on our computers, there he is sitting in a DB9 (one of my favourite cars).

I hate him. But at the same time I salute him.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2010 edited
    biggrin

It's not a pleasnt truth, but learn to compose mediocre MV-ish scores and you too can be a millionaire!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    biggrin

It's not a pleasnt truth, but learn to compose mediocre MV-ish scores and you too can be a millionaire!

Film music is just following the bland pop trends.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    I think Brian Tyler is one of the best composers when it comes to composing action music that combines orchestral and electronic elements.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2010
    He's beyond that label you put him into, a couple of posts back Anthony, that's for sure.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2010
    HAWAII FIVE-O

New series, based on the old one. Pilot Episode.

More info here: http://filmmusicreporter.wordpress.com/ … ii-five-o/
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The biggest unanswered question is, of course: IS HE GOING TO USE THE THEME?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    The biggest unanswered question is, of course: IS HE GOING TO USE THE THEME?

One of THE most famous and memorable TV themes of all time.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2010 edited
    Have you ever heard THIS version Martijn? spin cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ugh. YouTube linking is very erratic again: The URL contained a malformed video ID.
    What's the video's name?
    I'll search for it.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It should be fixed now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    WHAT
    THE
    HELL?
    shocked

applause

bhangra
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I can only think one thing cooler than that.

A big ass orchestral rendition of that main theme by Brian Tyler, a-la what Giacchino did for Mission impossible! cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    I can only think one thing cooler than that.

A big ass orchestral rendition of that main theme by Brian Tyler, a-la what Giacchino did for Mission impossible! cool

ARRRRGGGGHHHHhhh!!! You're serious, aren't you! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What? A full symphonic version of the Hawaii Five-O theme?
    I could dig it! smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    face-palm-mt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It'd probably sound a little like those LSO Symphonic Rock albums from the early nineties. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I suddenly feel very queasy... dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2010 edited
    Harry Knowles says that Sylvester Stallone says he is "head over heels" for Tyler's score for The Expendables.

punk I hope???
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2010
    I predict a headache.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2010
    Scribe wrote
    Harry Knowles says that Sylvester Stallone says he is "head over heels" for Tyler's score for The Expendables.

punk I hope???

I want something:
    1) Masculine (how can it not be?)
    2) Orchestral
    3) Thematic
    4) Rollercoastery.

Then I'm sold. Tyler can deliver this, as long as it's loud and not bland like he sometimes gets.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010
    New interview of the composer with Kevin Pollak at his Chat Show, now up and on their archive.

Watch it here:

http://www.kevinpollakschatshow.com/archive/?cat=27
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010
    Ah, that's a great interview, saw it a few months back actually. Should've said something about it over here then shame
  1. I didn't see anybody here mention it, but ... he's been replaced on the needless remake of "Red Dawn". Get ready for it.

You ready?

Prepare the bitchin'.

Who's doing it?

Why ... Ramin Djawaski, of course! After showing his compositional genius and spinning loops around works by Rosenthal and Poledouris, he was the obvious choice to continually tackle big Hollywood remakes!!!

(Bates must have been too busy scoring something like "The Day the Earth Stood Still 2: Again")
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2010
    smile Goddamn!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    justin boggan wrote
    I didn't see anybody here mention it, but ... he's been replaced on the needless remake of "Red Dawn". Get ready for it.

You ready?

Prepare the bitchin'.

Who's doing it?

Why ... Ramin Djawaski, of course! After showing his compositional genius and spinning loops around works by Rosenthal and Poledouris, he was the obvious choice to continually tackle big Hollywood remakes!!!

(Bates must have been too busy scoring something like "The Day the Earth Stood Still 2: Again")

I thought that Red Dawn was put on hold.
  2. We get ti that you hate them, Justin, but could you be at least respectful enough to actually spell their name right? Nobody who dislikes you here would spell your name as Justin Bugger or something like that, so please, at least give them the courtesy of spelling NAMES right...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. And I'm by no means a fan of Ramin DJAWADI, I hate his music.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I agree. Misspelling composer names because you don't like their music is extremely childish.

(for the record, I DO like some of Djawadi's music).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Aw! But I like calling Tina Turnip, Tina Turnip.