• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2012
    Woohoo! Yes, those two pieces are fantastic!

One gets used to the dated synths in L'umanoide. It's a rather unique score. Before Mission to Mars came along it was Morricone's only sci-fi score.

Thanks for the feedback! Hope you'll also fall for some of the other pieces after more listens.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2012 edited
    plindboe wrote
    Before Mission to Mars came along it was Morricone's only sci-fi score.

Well, Spazio 1999 and Ecce Homo come to mind...
  1. Wasn't "Space 1999" just an overseas replacement of the opening music with a cue from another Morricone score?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2012
    Oh yes, my mistake.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2012
    Capsule reviews of a few Morricone scores over the last couple of days, including some classics...

Allonsanfan
    Machine Gun McCain
    My Name is Nobody
    Tepepa
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2012
    Good and concise reviews James, you've influenced me into looking into at least one of these I don't have which is Allonsanfan.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2012 edited
    Great reviews! I sometimes wonder whether I'm the real Morricone nut around these corners, as you're often more generous than me. I'd rate these scores:

Allonsanfan -> **** (Fantastic main theme, lovely secondary theme, and the rest isn't too shabby either)
    Machine Gun McCain -> ***½ (Cheesy and catchy main theme song, and lots of easy listening goodness. The gf loves this track)
    My Name is Nobody -> ***** (4 extraordifantastical themes. Can't ask for more. Self parody FTW)
    Tepepa -> **** (Fantastic main theme, lovely secondary theme, and the rest isn't too shabby either)

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2012
    plindboe wrote
    Great reviews! I sometimes wonder whether I'm the real Morricone nut around these corners, as you're often more generous than me.

I think we're both pretty nutty when it comes to the Maestro. But you're much more familiar with his whole body of work. A couple more reviews coming tomorrow, probably Vamos a Matar, Companeros and Revolver.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Looking forward to them!

Hints -> **** and *****

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bring em on! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2012
    Peter... do you have this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006 … amp;sr=1-1

Was it really all recorded in concert? How is the guitar concerto? £10 for six CDs' worth of music seems very generous indeed, even if I already have many of the tracks (and recordings) featured.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2012 edited
    Ennio Morricone in Concert, 22 december, Antwerp
    Ennio Morricone comes to Antwerp on 22 December. He'll conduct the Il Novecento orchestra and a 100-member choir selected specially for this concert. He brings soprano Susanna Rigacci too.

http://www.standaard.be/artikel/detail. … 120824_054

Obviously, I'm going.

So that's three cool concerts in Belgium in 2 months! punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2012
    shocked
    H...h...holy cow!

I guess I should really be there.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    shocked
    H...h...holy cow!

I guess I should really be there.

A true legend, besides John Williams it doesn't get bigger than this in the film score world......you MUST be there!
  2. Finally, the maestro's are coming to me instead of me having to go to them smile. Although, honestly, with the WSA I can't complain.

It would be nice if we could all sit together, so please those who are interested, please let me know. I'm willing to buy the tickets for everyone at the same time so we can all sit together.

We have a choice in ticket prices. There are standing places (25€) and there are seating places, they range from 35€, over 50€ to 70€. I really don't want to stand for 2 hours, the rest of it is up to the majority of the votes. I vote for 50 or 70€.

Who else is in?

Elin

PS: I will personally mail Maxime and Patty, they might not visit this website often enough and they might also be interested in joining us
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Elin, Maxime sits next to me all day at work since the beginning of this month. He has been notified quickly. wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    It would be nice if we could all sit together, so please those who are interested, please let me know. I'm willing to buy the tickets for everyone at the same time so we can all sit together.

We have a choice in ticket prices. There are standing places (25€) and there are seating places, they range from 35€, over 50€ to 70€. I really don't want to stand for 2 hours, the rest of it is up to the majority of the votes. I vote for 50 or 70€.

Who else is in?

Elin, I'm in, voting for €70.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Bregt wrote
    Elin, Maxime sits next to me all day at work since the beginning of this month. He has been notified quickly. wink

Will he also notify Patty?
    in other words, are they still together? I haven't heard from them in so long...
    E.
  4. Martijn wrote

Finally we shall meet.
    It only took Ennio to get you to come over, but still I'm super duper happy...
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    I could say the same for you! wink But yes, we're still together.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2012 edited
    My parents want to join as well. My father has some of his westerns on LP and I immediately sent him a text message. Mom decided to come along too. Will order tickets this weekend, but if I can join some other people, then sure! 50 or 70 for me. You can order a maximum of 10.
    Kazoo
  5. Rian wrote
    I could say the same for you! wink But yes, we're still together.

HURRAY both for youu and Patty being together, and hopefully for you guys tagging along.
    Do you two have a preference in prices?
  6. Bregt wrote
    My parents want to join as well. My father has some of his westerns on LP and I immediately sent him a text message. Mom decided to come along too. Will order tickets this weekend, but if I can join some other people, then sure! 50 or 70 for me. You can order a maximum of 10.

Yay, we get to meet the De Lange family...
    Bregt, if only ten can be ordered, we might want to time our orderings and do two batches?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    I think her parents might consider coming as well, so we'll book tickets separately. I've checked out the seats for both 50 and 70, and they're like one block apart. Thinking of going for the 50, personally.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  7. Rian wrote
    I think her parents might consider coming as well, so we'll book tickets separately. I've checked out the seats for both 50 and 70, and they're like one block apart. Thinking of going for the 50, personally.

Good to know, thanks...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Martijn wrote

Finally we shall meet.
    It only took Ennio to get you to come over, but still I'm super duper happy...

Y-e-e-e-e-e-s-s-s-s-s-s
  8. As multiple parental units seem to be joining the party, mine are considering doing the same.
    That would entail them getting back from France to Belgium, and they might stick around to celebrate X-mas here.
    This is turning into a fabulous idea...
    E.
  9. Shall I start the comments wondering if he will attend or pull out at last minute? But he did attend London so maybe these doubting days are over?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Urs and myself will be going as well; I just ordered two normal tickets (block 117), can't wait! Well first WSA of course smile