• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2009
    Erik Woods wrote
    I'm currently enjoying the piss out of Vaughan Williams' "Sinfonia Antarctica" and "The Wasps."

-Erik-

fireworks punk fireworks

cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ^
    What Timmer said
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: LIVE 1975-1985 (Bruce Springsteen)

Like Timmer, I'm not the biggest Boss fan around, but sometimes you just want this straight-forward, "raw" rock'n'roll and this classic 3CD set is a great sampler!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I'm listening to a wonderful album called Symphonic Spectacular conducted by Erich Kunzel and performed by the Cincinnati Pops. I currently playing Jarnefelt's "Praeludium" which is obviously the piece that inspired John Williams when he wrote the "Lost Boys Overture" in Hook. Spirited performances and brilliant thumping sound!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: Strauss Till Eulenspiegel and Ein Heldenleben - Richard Strauss (Christoph von Dohnanyi & Philharmonia Orchestra)

Ein Heldenleben! Whoo hoo! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Erik Woods wrote
    I'm currently enjoying the piss out of Vaughan Williams' "Sinfonia Antarctica" and "The Wasps."

-Erik-

The film music from Scott of the Antarctic, which is Sinfonia Antarctica, is one of the finer pieces ever written in my opinion. Love it.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2009
    NP: When It Falls - Zero 7

cool

A very satisfying follow-up to Simple Things. I found their most recent album a little disappointing but I've just read that a new release is expected to be arriving this year. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    NP: When It Falls - Zero 7

cool

A very satisfying follow-up to Simple Things. I found their most recent album a little disappointing but I've just read that a new release is expected to be arriving this year. smile

Totally agree. Very disappoinying 3rd album but maybe I should give it another chance?

Thanks for the heads up on a new album Lee beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    LSH wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Oh well, at least we're basking in blue skies and hot sun for your return smile

Nice to hear!

NP: Secret Story - Pat Metheny

cool

Lee, seeing as you enjoy that album so much you may really like this one too....

NP : STILL LIFE ( TALKING ) - Pat Metheny Group

This album has nostalgic value to me, it takes me back to my travels on Euro-rail and places like Norway and Portugal and particularly Paris where I finally said goodbye to good friends, the track Last Train Home says it all for me, a deeply evocative track with a bitter sweetness that never fail's to make me smile but also makes me feel sad and yearn for great times that can never be repeated.

EDIT : - It's been too bloody long since I've played this excellent album, there's not a bad track on here and the percussion in the track Third Wind is quite simply AWESOME! cool

NP : STILL LIFE ( TALKING ) - Pat Metheny Group

Long time no play catch up punk

Yes. It's that time of the year. I hadn't listen to that disc since , let's see, last summer. or was it the other summer before? smile I always associate Pat's music with summertime- the Group stuff anyway. All tracks are great. The Last Train Home is still my favorite one especially the version sung by Pedro Aznar on the Letter From Home tour.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2009
    I can hear the sound checks for Elton's concert tonight, it's a gorgeous day here and I kind of wish I could be there, I'm sure it'll be a great night but there's no way in the world I was going to shell out £80 for the cheapest seats shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2009
    NP : THERE & BACK - Jeff Beck

One of my very favourite albums, a purely instrumental rock album full of sublime playing and great melody.

Jeff Beck was one of Jimi Hendrix idols....True or False?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2009 edited
    I can hear Elton...sounds good cool

'Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting'
    'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road'
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2009
    NP : ETERNAL ECHOES - John Barry

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Timmer wrote

cool

Lovely album. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    Timmer wrote

cool

Lovely album. cool

It is! beer It's nearly finished too which is just as well as I'm ready to crash now. Laterz smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Night night. wave
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Good afternoon wave
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2009 edited
    Right, listen up! You won't catch me playing musicals very often ( almost never ) but this one is just brilliant, a work of genius..........

NP : WEST SIDE STORY - Leonard Bernstein & Stephen Sondheim

cool punk

p.s. this is the original film soundtrack
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Timmer wrote
    Right, listen up! You won't catch me playing musicals very often ( almost never ) but this one is just brilliant, a work of genius..........

NP : WEST SIDE STORY - Leonard Bernstein & Stephen Sondheim

cool punk

p.s. this is the original film soundtrack

I remember the red lp cover well but over the years it has been replaced with CD.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Is it the film version or the Broadway version Tom?

There is a new version that just came out a week ago. It is the newest version of West Side Story that opened in march on Broadway. They added some spanish lyrics so it has a more Porto Rican feel to it. It is still great music. I'll be going to NYC to see it in october. Like Tim said, brilliant music. Any other Leonard Bernstein recommendations?
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    Bruckner - Symphony No.8

BRUCKNER ORCHESTRA LINZ / Kurt Eichhorn / Camerata 12 CDs Box Set
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2009
    Tintin wrote
    Is it the film version or the Broadway version Tom?

There is a new version that just came out a week ago. It is the newest version of West Side Story that opened in march on Broadway. They added some spanish lyrics so it has a more Porto Rican feel to it. It is still great music. I'll be going to NYC to see it in october. Like Tim said, brilliant music. Any other Leonard Bernstein recommendations?

My favorite is the concert version probably orchestrated by Leonard Bernstein.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2009
    ColSharpe wrote
    Bruckner - Symphony No.8

BRUCKNER ORCHESTRA LINZ / Kurt Eichhorn / Camerata 12 CDs Box Set

Why not cool

NP : SYMPHONY # 7 - Anton Bruckner

Superb and my favourite Bruckner symphony.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Kind Of Blue - Miles Davis

Bliss... cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote

Bliss... cool

A brilliant album! And another late night / early morning joy cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Timmer wrote
    LSH wrote

Bliss... cool

A brilliant album! And another late night / early morning joy cool

Since my new Sennheiser headphones arrived yesterday I've been pretty much constantly listening to all my favourite stuff - just to hear how it all sounds. And I'm very impressed.

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: I'M THE SUPERVISOR (Infected Rushroom)

Funky psytrance!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2009 edited
    NP : MEDDLE - Pink Floyd

Gorgeous album cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

Gorgeous album cool

YES! "Echoes" is epic, "One of These Days" rocks!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Gorgeous album cool

YES! "Echoes" is epic, "One of These Days" rocks!

Oddly enough ( at least as far as I'm concerned ) Meddle is an album I rarely hear played anywhere.

And yes, One of These Days is friggin corking! punk