• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2008
    uhm
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Judge Dredd Alan Silvestri

One and a half hours of kick-ass Silvestri scoring. That's right Thor, ONE AND A HALF HOURS!! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Judge Dredd Alan Silvestri

One and a half hours of kick-ass Silvestri scoring. That's right Thor, ONE AND A HALF HOURS!! biggrin

cool

NP : THE MUMMY - Jerry Goldsmith

cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. NP: Indy & the Crystal Skull (you know who!)

2nd listen. My least favourite Indy, but still packs a wallop. Sadly I think the second part of the soundtrack isn't nearly as entertaining as the first. Still let's be fortunate Mr. Williams got to compose another one in the legendary saga, now that Star Wars seems to have been closed off. On to the rest of the box set punk

3.5 STARS
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. NP: The Ultimate War (complete) from Hook Complete (my very own album)

In many ways the action music in Crystal Skull reminds me of this brilliant tour de force, when Williams still wrote stunning thematic action material, Hook being one of the best. After finishing Indy 4 I just had to put this on to satisfy the Williams fan inside and reminiscing about the good old days!!

beer beer beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. DreamTheater wrote
    Miya wrote
    NP: Princess Mononoke: Symphonic Suite - Joe Hisaishi the genius

No word is needed! punk

NP: Leviathan (Jerry Goldsmith)

Rather dark and uninteresting from the maestro, but the final cue is another winner. Shame the rest of the score isn't as cool...

I listened to that one some time ago as well, it is not his best but the moments of orchestral optimism (including that last track) show what the composer could do in one tracks that some can't even accomplish in an entire album

Man, I just miss Goldsmith so much sad
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    NP: The Ultimate War (complete) from Hook Complete (my very own album)

In many ways the action music in Crystal Skull reminds me of this brilliant tour de force, when Williams still wrote stunning thematic action material, Hook being one of the best. After finishing Indy 4 I just had to put this on to satisfy the Williams fan inside and reminiscing about the good old days!!

beer beer beer

OOHHHH , I have to hear that one as well

But first the trilogies that matter, Indiana, LOTR and then my new recording of Star Wars I got from my brother smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I miss him too. But then I listen to a Goldsmith score and the feeling soon disappears.
  5. Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I miss him too. But then I listen to a Goldsmith score and the feeling soon disappears.

Luckily we have that, but knowing (apart from several still highly anticipated releases) he will not compose anymore still bums me out a bit sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Luckily we have that, but knowing (apart from several still highly anticipated releases) he will not compose anymore still bums me out a bit sad

When Goldsmith's name was attached to a new film you just knew it was in safe hands.

I still miss him a lot.....and Poledouris, and Bernstein, and Delerue....

....and JOHN BARRY slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2008 edited
    Miya wrote
    NP: Princess Mononoke: Symphonic Suite - Joe Hisaishi the genius

No word is needed! punk

Totally agree. His 2008 outcome is overrated imo, especially Ponyo on the Cliff. Princess Mononoke is a vastly superior one and indeed, a gorgeous score.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

....and JOHN BARRY slant

In my weird and twisted way, I keep thinking he's dead because he's not working on films anymore. I wish he would. slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

....and JOHN BARRY slant

In my weird and twisted way, I keep thinking he's dead because he's not working on films anymore. I wish he would. slant

Yeah me too!? slant

Apparently he's been working on a non-film score album called 'Seasons'.....and that's already OLD news! crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: The Tale of Despereaux - William Ross

My introduction to Ross' work, and a great one, at that. Everything about it is excellent. Highly recommended! punk
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    I saw the film yesterday. The music really stood out in a good way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    William wrote

My introduction to Ross' work, and a great one, at that. Everything about it is excellent. Highly recommended! punk

Glad you liked it. Wait 'till you hear his score for "SEPTEMBER DAWN" smile He's a very underrated composer imo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: Bolt - John Powell

Pretty good score, thought some of the track transitions are a bit odd and unexpected.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Panthera wrote

Yeah, it fits the film very well, I think. Do you own the OST?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2008 edited
    Rio Conchos Jerry Goldsmith

There are moments to this score where the music comes alive, absolutely fantastic music. The rest can be a little dull at times, but it's still a very worthy listen if only for those great moments.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ALEXANDRE DESPLAT - the curious case of Benjamin Button

Desplat's music has a timeless quality to it; this score is not an exception, easily one of the top-5 scores of the year to me.
  6. Hans Zimmer - The Holiday

Long time no hear. Such a charming listen, perfect for this season smile .
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorKatiek
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2008
    PS I Love You by J Powell - I think I got it based on some recommendations here at MT, but I was still pleasantly surprised by it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Katiek wrote
    PS I Love You by J Powell - I think I got it based on some recommendations here at MT, but I was still pleasantly surprised by it.

Lovely lovely score. It just makes a really pleasant album!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Katiek wrote

It's simply lovely, no pun intended. That main theme is highly addictive!
  7. Just out of interest, what is the music playing from 1:09 to 1:10 on this top gear:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 … Episode_8_(new_series)/

(I think its UK people only). I'm sure I know it but I can't recall! sad

Cheers
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tim (not timmer) wrote
    Just out of interest, what is the music playing from 1:09 to 1:10 on this top gear:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 … Episode_8_(new_series)/

(I think its UK people only). I'm sure I know it but I can't recall! sad

Cheers

For some reason it won't play?

Anyone else??

Oh, and hi Tim wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Doesn't work for either. And I'm usually pretty good at spotting which pieces of film music are used in Top gear! (If I don't say so myself. wink)
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    William wrote
    Panthera wrote

Yeah, it fits the film very well, I think. Do you own the OST?

Not yet, but that might soon be changed.
  8. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    NP: The Ultimate War (complete) from Hook Complete (my very own album)

beer beer beer

OOHHHH , I have to hear that one as well

But first the trilogies that matter, Indiana, LOTR and then my new recording of Star Wars I got from my brother smile

Be prepared for something soon! I won't say anymore. wink

Oh yeah, the Star Wars anthology, have fun with it, I'm sure it'll knock your socks off...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    William wrote

I LOVE it! One of the Top 10 of 2008 IMO.