• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    NP : Hmmmmm?

I'm really undecided? Something Williams? Goldsmith? Goldenthal? Something to sink my teeth into!

I hate being indecisive dizzy

Okay, gone for this...

NP : WAR OF THE WORLDS - John Williams

Absolutely friggin brilliant! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP : The Nightmare Before Christmas ~ Danny Elfman
    I saw it the day before yesterday on Greek TV and I can't get "Kidnap the Sandy Claws" out of my head!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Defiance James Newton Howard

Perhaps it's a little too easy to call this Howard's Schindler's List. But that's certainly what springs to mind after repeat listens.
    Without a doubt one of my favourites from 2008.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : BRAVEHEART - James Horner

Still one of my favourite Horner scores cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Timmer wrote

One of my favourites too. Perhaps the top for me.
    NP: The Last Samurai ~ Hans Zimmer
    As I've said before about this one: bliss smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote

I think it's his most powerful and emotional work. Does that make it his best? Who knows. I just know it's a top 5 Horner score for me.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

I think it's his most powerful and emotional work. Does that make it his best? Who knows. I just know it's a top 5 Horner score for me.

Have you heard Horner's THUNDERHEART?

One word...

don't
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Stavroula wrote
    Timmer wrote

One of my favourites too. Perhaps the top for me.

It is for me. It's also on my Top 10 of all time!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : READY WHEN YOU ARE JB - John Barry

Possibly the best album Barry did in conducting his own material with some fantastic arrangements of popular and not so popular melodies and themes, including a corking version of On Her Majesty's Secret Service and a jazzed up theme from The Lion In Winter ( complete with Hammond organ....believe me, it's cool as fuck ), best of all is the loungy Who Will Buy My Yesterdays, an incidental piece from OHMSS expanded here to a full 4 minutes, likewise The More Things Change which I guess is an unused piece from OHMSS? I don't believe anyone knows anything about it and I've never heard Barry mention it either, a real oddity but golly geez it's friggin lovely.

Until the recent 4 CD Themependium set some of the tracks here had never seen the light of day on any other album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Stavroula wrote
    Darlings I'm back! Strong, healed, more optimistic and at last with a car!!! bounce
    So, NP something heroic!
    Beowulf
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYBODY!!!

Sweet, nice news there! Keep the moral and spirits high! Enough with the downwinds, leave all that to 2008 and end it there....ante na se do! wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Defiance James Newton Howard

Perhaps it's a little too easy to call this Howard's Schindler's List. But that's certainly what springs to mind after repeat listens.
    Without a doubt one of my favourites from 2008.

That's what i called it too; not an exaggeration imo; to the people who can't understand why we say this yet, i say: re-listen and listen good smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Steven wrote
    Temple Of Doom John Williams

Raiders will always remain my most personal and favourite score of the trilogy, but this is ridiculously close especially now with its expanded treatment. It's one of those "This is why I'm a film music fan" scores.

Temple of Doom is my favourite, and this expanded score shows why
    Man what a goddamn thrill ride

punk punk punk punk punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2008 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Steven wrote

Raiders will always remain my most personal and favourite score of the trilogy, but this is ridiculously close especially now with its expanded treatment. It's one of those "This is why I'm a film music fan" scores.

Temple of Doom is my favourite, and this expanded score shows why
    Man what a goddamn thrill ride

punk punk punk punk punk

Temple of the Doom is darker, more exotic and the action writting is more complex, but The last crusade has my favourites themes the trilogy and this kind of action music using march rythms wich i love.

Probably I choose Temple of The Doom as my favourite Indy score, and one of my all time favourites.

NP:Temple of the Doom (williams)

Short Rounds Helps ( punk ) - mine car chase - water - sword trick - the broken bridge

shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Lonesome Dove Basil Poledouris

To call its main theme life affirming is no exaggeration. Of course it takes a little imagination of the listener, but then doesn't all music? Not everyone is willing to hear the magic of music. Right?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    NP : READY WHEN YOU ARE JB - John Barry

Possibly the best album Barry did in conducting his own material with some fantastic arrangements of popular and not so popular melodies and themes, including a corking version of On Her Majesty's Secret Service and a jazzed up theme from The Lion In Winter ( complete with Hammond organ....believe me, it's cool as fuck ), best of all is the loungy Who Will Buy My Yesterdays, an incidental piece from OHMSS expanded here to a full 4 minutes, likewise The More Things Change which I guess is an unused piece from OHMSS? I don't believe anyone knows anything about it and I've never heard Barry mention it either, a real oddity but golly geez it's friggin lovely.

Until the recent 4 CD Themependium set some of the tracks here had never seen the light of day on any other album.

NP : THE CLASSIC - John Barry

Yet another Barry comp, this time courtesy of Nic Raine and the City of Prague, it's not bad at all but I wish people would stop saying how brilliant they always interpret Barry's work because they DON'T, all I can say is that those same people obviously don't know Barry's work very well to make comments like that.

Regardless, this is enjoyable enough.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote

Indeed! To Pankot Palace is astonishingly good! shocked love

Raiders will always be the best Indy score overall, Temple will be the most experimental, but Crusade seems to be the best one on CD. This expanded release really puts it on the top of my list.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2008
    NP : THE RUSSIA HOUSE - Jerry Goldsmith

Lovely chilled out score, perfect at this time of the night cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

Mmm, not a bad idea. I'm sitting here drinking my glass of cherry while reading some philosophy online. I'm ever so sophisticated. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2008 edited
    NP: The Holiday - Hans Zimmer

Now it's time for my holiday! I'm leaving my flat for my parents' home where my dog waiting. dog

But I bring my laptop so I can visit MT from there.

wave
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Miya wrote

But I bring my laptop so I can visit MT from there.

wave

Like a fly to a web! biggrin (I'm the same. shame )
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

Mmm, not a bad idea. I'm sitting here drinking my glass of cherry while reading some philosophy online. I'm ever so sophisticated. wink

I'm pie eyed with a thousand mile stare.....sophister......sphistik......

..... uhm .....I'm cool dizzy cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: Star Trek: The Motion Picture (20th Anniversary Collectors' Edition) - Jerry Goldsmith

My kind of Goldsmith! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I was playing : wanted (Elfman)

wow, the main theme is so dammed addictive...

The action stuff with electric guitars, string progressions and some dramatic statements are really cool.

Im no a great fan of elfman, but this year he gave to me 2 scores wich i really adore.

NP:Kung Fu Panda

Seriously, I can't understand why some people can see how superb this score is.

Epic, tender, funny, dramatic, action....Very rich in orchestrations. You can't ask for more.

I can't enought ears to hear this over rich use of chinese arrangements.

I hope someday we will know more about the scoring process of this score ( i don't know if in the DVD), but both composers has blend very well his style here.

PS: Demetris did you saw the movie? because this score fits like very few Zimmer scores does in the movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Spy Game - Harry Gregson-Williams

One of the more intelligent recent electronic-orchestral fusion scores. In any case, it's one of HGW's best.

cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    William wrote
    NP: Star Trek: The Motion Picture (20th Anniversary Collectors' Edition) - Jerry Goldsmith

Film scores rarely get better than this, in my top 5 of all time!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    Lonesome Dove Basil Poledouris

To call its main theme life affirming is no exaggeration. Of course it takes a little imagination of the listener, but then doesn't all music? Not everyone is willing to hear the magic of music. Right?

Indeed. Listening this one right now. When you think of Poledouris the first that comes to mind is Conan (The Barbarian), but he has so many great works (Amerika and Lonesome Dove among my favs) that is difficult to choose which one do you actually wanna listen.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ......must.......resist...........

Okay It's time....

NP : QUANTUM OF SOLACE - David Arnold

First listen
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Uh oh.
  2. William wrote

Playing this as well atm... Funny how great music will always remain great, no matter how old you get.

Surely one of the best Goldsmith ever wrote! Currently playing the 3rd Cloud track, and this music is stunning!!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote

NP : QUANTUM OF SOLACE - David Arnold

First listen

And...?