• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2008
    NP: The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - Randy Edelman

Never judge a score by its cover art. Yuck. vomit
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    William wrote
    NP: The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - Randy Edelman

Never judge a score by its cover art. Yuck. vomit

LOL biggrin

Along with Ralph, That is worth quoting too!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Couldn't agree more.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2008 edited
    Steven wrote
    Couldn't agree more.

vomit

Yeap! It works both ways!

For really REALLY bad check out the cover of Gordon's ON THE BEACH which is still my benchmark for bad cover, BRILLIANT music.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    The Last Crusade John Williams

one and a half hours of pure Williams bliss. Is it me, or does it sound a lot better on this release?

It sounds MUCH better! Remastered by Shawn Murphy from the 1/2" analog 4-track masters.

-Erik-

Did Murphy remaster the other scores too? He seems like the only person on this project who knew what they were doing! Bravo to him!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    Couldn't agree more.

biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE - John Barry

Cool as fook! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    I went to order Morricone's Pane E Liberta from SAE and ended up checking out other samples. Per Le Antiche Scale had lovely samples and I couldn't recall why I didn't listen to it much when I had the cd.

I had to give the cd a spin and then I realized why. The main theme is lovely indeed-- it reminded me of La Califfa or something else (heck, I think a lot of Ennio scores are blurring in my mind). But aside from a few minutes of the love themes, the rest of it features his tension material. And the erotic material. Sighing and orgasmic moaning sounds! rolleyes
    I had to look up IMDB to see what the movie was about. It was about a psychiatrist (who's also a sex-maniac) who has to 'practice' his love with his patients.

The cd was a combo with the score to Il Maestro E Margherita. That was rather interesting. Lovely wordless vocals. Fabulous theme. Outstanding. Must be Edda Dell'Orso. Then the theme almost repeated. And again. And again. The cues were all titled Il Maestro E Margherita- Variazione 1, Variazione 2...

No composer tests his fans with a love-hate relationship more than Ennio wink

Thus endeth my rant for the day masquerading as a Now Playing post.
  1. Hans Zimmer - Da Vinci Code

Good religious and suspenseful score from Mr. Z. I love the themes, I love the orchestrations. Such a classically-rounded work from him.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2008 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Hans Zimmer - Da Vinci Code

Good religious and suspenseful score from Mr. Z. I love the themes, I love the orchestrations. Such a classically-rounded work from him.

Yes. "sangreal's theme" is masterful.

NP:Kung Fu Panda

Sacreed Pool Of tears is really...really...WOW.

The first theme statement wich chorus is magical, only this kind of touching melody Zimmer can do. The rest of the track shows how good Zimmer and Powell are with the rythms.

a very coherent and edited scores.

One of my favourites of both composers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

one and a half hours of pure Williams bliss. Is it me, or does it sound a lot better on this release?

It sounds MUCH better! Remastered by Shawn Murphy from the 1/2" analog 4-track masters.

-Erik-

Did Murphy remaster the other scores too? He seems like the only person on this project who knew what they were doing! Bravo to him!

Well, the sound is pretty good but you can you blame Murphy for the pitch problems?!?!?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    NP - Bak fasaden

A recent Norwegian comedy about the intrigues within a wealthy family, resulting in an Agatha Christie inspired murder mystery. The music is scored for a 13 piece orchestra, composed and conducted by yours truly. Some say its unhealthy for a composer to go back and listen to things done in the past. But on slow days like these I find it comforting to go back and recollect some of my experiences. I have especially fond memories of our cellist, who gave a devestatingly beautiful performance of the concert theme. Its extremely reassuring to witness someone respond like this to something from your own hand, and hearing her performance was the single greatest experience of my entire life!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Had a listen to Rosenthal's Meteor.
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

-Erik-

Well, the sound is pretty good but you can you blame Murphy for the pitch problems?!?!?

-Erik-

I can't really tell any difference in pitch. Speed, yes - most definitely on Raiders, but not so sure about the other two.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    markrayen wrote
    NP - Bak fasaden

A recent Norwegian comedy about the intrigues within a wealthy family, resulting in an Agatha Christie inspired murder mystery. The music is scored for a 13 piece orchestra, composed and conducted by yours truly. Some say its unhealthy for a composer to go back and listen to things done in the past. But on slow days like these I find it comforting to go back and recollect some of my experiences. I have especially fond memories of our cellist, who gave a devestatingly beautiful performance of the concert theme. Its extremely reassuring to witness someone respond like this to something from your own hand, and hearing her performance was the single greatest experience of my entire life!

Can we hear it somewhere? smile
    (and why is your piano hanging on the ceiling!? biggrin )
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote

It's simple. Mark Rayen has telekinesis. Don't mess with Mark Rayen!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Me, I'm just hearing the Looney Toons theme song when looking at that picture...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Me, I'm just hearing the Looney Toons theme song when looking at that picture...

What picture?
  2. Piano on a ceiling maybe?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote

What picture?

Telekinesis or Looney Toons? You decide.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote

What picture?

Ahhh the profile pic!?

Mark has obviously glued himself to the ceiling and turned the pic upside down.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote

What picture?

Ahhh the profile pic!?

Mark has obviously glued himself to the ceiling and turned the pic upside down.

He must have turned the piano upside down too then! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Little Women - Thomas Newman

A gorgeous little score.

cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That's just to fuck us up!
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    Bregt wrote
    markrayen wrote
    NP - Bak fasaden

Can we hear it somewhere? smile

I just sent you a PM.

I found that poor misplaced piano hanging miserably from the ceiling of a small town Danish cofee shop last September. It seemed impossible to just glue that thing to the ceiling, and imagine me and my friend coming in, looking for a vacant table and the only one left is suspiciously situated beneath a 4-500 kg grand piano... I had my picture taken quick and then got the hell out of there!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Temple Of Doom John Williams

Raiders will always remain my most personal and favourite score of the trilogy, but this is ridiculously close especially now with its expanded treatment. It's one of those "This is why I'm a film music fan" scores.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : Hmmmmm?

I'm really undecided? Something Williams? Goldsmith? Goldenthal? Something to sink my teeth into!

I hate being indecisive dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Get the Indy boxset out. If you haven't got the Indy boxset, go buy the Indy boxset.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Get the Indy boxset out. If you haven't got the Indy boxset, go buy the Indy boxset.

cry

I'll get the Indy box set then.
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    NP - excerpts from a pbs special on youtube, featuring a panel discussion between Previn, Rozsa, and Williams. The special includes kick-ass performances of Rozsa conducting Ben Hur, Williams conducting Superman, and Previn conducting Psycho. cool