• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2008 edited
    Howdy,
    Herein lies the medieval-themed score-guessing game of old. All films depicted are period pieces, be it swashbuckling or swords-and-sorcery.

Fair warning: dust off all thy FSM and SAE releases for this one! Whereas most other games I've witnessed thus far have featured relatively recent films (in the year of our Lord 1990 and beyond), this one harkens back to the golden age of cinema, with half the clips pre-1980. And being young is no excuse for nay having a healthy collection of the classics!

Yonder clips are still presented in chronological order, and the years do NOT repeat. Also, only a single composer is featured more than once.

For scoring I shall explore a new system. I'll assign points depending on whether answers came before of after the hints on a clip-per-clip basis. Guessing a composer before the hints shall earn thee 5 points, while guessing a score title shall earn thee another 5 points. Guessing either after the hints will only be worth 4 points each.

There is also a bonus clip (worth only a single 15 points pre-hint or 10 points post-hint, with no extra points for providing the composer).

And now for something completely different, the clips:

http://www.musicalotaku.com/GuessYonderScore.zip

PM me thy guesses at once!

[EDIT:] THE HINTS! -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    The hints are not released right here, but they're ready! Send me a PM and I'll send them to you. This means that anyone to whom I haven't sent them yet, you can still make guesses and claim the full 5 points.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2008
    Now THIS sounds like my kind of game! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    I'll be honest: I thought of you, and sdtom, when I prepared it! smile
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    HeeroJF wrote
    I'll be honest: I thought of you, and sdtom, when I prepared it! smile

beer
    In that case I should honour you by playing.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    It's rather a matter of your life being on the line if you don't. angry angry

beer dizzy

Here's the score of the first participant:

1) Ranietz 40 points

Let's see how long he can hold on to that.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    HeeroJF wrote
    It's rather a matter of your life being on the line if you don't. angry angry

beer dizzy

Here's the score of the first participant:

1) Ranietz 40 points

Let's see how long he can hold on to that.

Having just listened to the clips I'd say he's safe from me! shame wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Timmer wrote

Aw! Well, try again later with the hints?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    HeeroJF wrote
    Timmer wrote

Aw! Well, try again later with the hints?

Nope! I sent in some answers and guesses!! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    And some quite good guesses, too! Timmer takes a comfortable early lead:

1) Timmer 85 points
    2) Ranietz 40 points
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    HeeroJF wrote
    And some quite good guesses, too! Timmer takes a comfortable early lead:

1) Timmer 85 points
    2) Ranietz 40 points

I recommend everyone have a go. The first 8 clips may be daunting to some people but I would expect many here to get good scores.

My MASSIVE 85 points won't stand for long so I'll bask n it while I can cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    If you hurry before the hints come in, this game has a maximum score of 215 points. Pretty daunting.

The first 8 may be hard but Timmer has proven me that having a go at guessing at least the composer can pay off big time.

Although I'm afraid Yvan Cassar isn't in any of those first 8.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Christopher struggles to join the ranking through a rather innovative technique but gets a few pretty good answers!

1) Timmer 85 points
    2) Ranietz 40 points
    3) Christopher 25 points
  1. Don't add those hints for a day or two - I don't have time to listen to the clips tonight but I'll get to them tomorrow.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    You got it. I'm thinking perhaps Tuesday.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Southall is in! 2nd place.

1) Timmer 85 points
    2) Southall 75 points
    3) Ranietz 40 points
    4) Christopher 25 points
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Hmmmmm... looks intriguing. I must say though, I am intimidated to listen because of the scores turned in as of yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Don't forget I'm using a new system of scoring. Even Timmer, the current #1, has only successfully guessed 6 full pairs of score/composers. The maximum score remains 215 points. Still plenty of room for competing.
  2. Sorry to be nitpicking, but shouldn't it be THINE score? biggrin

Isn't yonder a verb?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2008
    You mean "Guess Thine Score?" instead of Yonder?
  3. Yes
  4. Oh, Yonder = "that one" biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Well then "Guess Yonder Score, and Then Nineteen More"?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tis truth that I doth smite mine enemies!.......so far!? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Timmer wrote

"Mine enemies"? Nope, sorry, no Maurice Jarre science-fiction music in this game.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    HeeroJF wrote
    Timmer wrote

"Mine enemies"? Nope, sorry, no Maurice Jarre science-fiction music in this game.

Ahhhhh! Guess the answers by process of elimination eh? very cunning! devil
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Cunnin' like a Slytherin'.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'll play tomorrow
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I don't have time to play, but I just can't resist. Ah, well, I'll flunk and will finish my degree another year. Will send in guesses soon.

I've fallen in love with track 18 btw. I love that fun and catchy way of doing action. I hope my composer guess is correct, and since (s)he only did one medieval themed movie (that I'm aware of), I hope I'll get 10 lucky points for that one.

Peter punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    HeeroJF wrote
    And now for something completely different, the clips:

With that line I kinda hoped one of the clips would have been from "Monty Python and the holy grail".

*slightly disappointed* slant

Peter wink
  5. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Don't add those hints for a day or two - I don't have time to listen to the clips tonight but I'll get to them tomorrow.

Goodness, that's hard! I might just have to wait for the clues. sad
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn