• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2009
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    What does DP stand for? (I know what else it stands for, but I fear this thread may be locked if I said it! tongue )

Leave it up to Steven... wink

-Erik-

I know another....ahem, term for which DP stands as well.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    What does DP stand for? (I know what else it stands for, but I fear this thread may be locked if I said it! tongue )

Leave it up to Steven... wink

-Erik-

I know another....ahem, term for which DP stands as well.

Dood Pickle?!?!?!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Dull Poster
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    If you don´t behave like that or not - it´s not our business. That´s what I´m talking about.

Who f****** cares? wink

We care because he's a role model for many and consequently puts himself up to much more scrutiny than your Average Joe. Whether or not it was "immoral" to leak the incident is really irrelevant.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2009 edited
    Is it?

If Bale would prefer some really annoying sex practices, do you think it is all right if that knowledge would be leaked, because we have a right to know that about him, too?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No, but if he was Scarlett Johansson, then it would be a right to know!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    No, but if he was Scarlett Johansson, then it would be a right to know!

shocked

Word! beer biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. I heart Christian Bale. Did you guys ever see Equilibrium? His portrayal of a non-feeler, then feeler, then feeler playing a non-feeler is so awesome to watch. So intense. If you haven't see the movie, my comment won't make sense though. smile But I've never been excited to see a Terminator film...until now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Filmscoregirl wrote
    But I've never been excited to see a Terminator film...until now.

Wow. You REALLY need to see the first two Terminator films. Seriously... unless you already have and weren't excited about seeing them when you did... blah blah blah... wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. I was so young when I saw the first one, I hardly remember it. Perhaps I should revisit the first two before I see the new one. smile I've seen clips of the second one, but nothing from the third one. Maybe I'll have a marathon before the 4th one comes out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Filmscoregirl wrote
    I was so young when I saw the first one, I hardly remember it. Perhaps I should revisit the first two before I see the new one. smile I've seen clips of the second one, but nothing from the third one. Maybe I'll have a marathon before the 4th one comes out.

punk

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Filmscoregirl wrote

Wow. You REALLY need to see the first two Terminator films. Seriously... unless you already have and weren't excited about seeing them when you did... blah blah blah... wink

-Erik-

Does she now? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Filmscoregirl wrote

-Erik-

Does she now? tongue

Yes, she does. They're classics. And you're weird.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Filmscoregirl wrote
    I was so young when I saw the first one, I hardly remember it. Perhaps I should revisit the first two before I see the new one. smile I've seen clips of the second one, but nothing from the third one. Maybe I'll have a marathon before the 4th one comes out.

I agree with Erik on T1 & T2, both are fantastic films, T2 in particular shows to me why Cameron is THE best action director out there.

I quite like T3 but it's not, imo, an essential viewing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Filmscoregirl wrote

-Erik-

Does she now? tongue

Abso-friggin-lutely! Both are sci-fi/action classics!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Filmscoregirl wrote

-Erik-

Does she now? tongue

Yes, she does. They're classics. And you're weird.

Mkay.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Filmscoregirl wrote

-Erik-

Does she now? tongue

-Erik-

And true bench-marks for so many ( generally vastly inferior ) films that followed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Filmscoregirl wrote

-Erik-

Does she now? tongue

-Erik-

And true bench-marks for so many ( generally vastly inferior ) films that followed.

T2 and Jurassic Park are still two of the finest examples of proper CGI use. Awing us but not over doing it!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Too frickin right! More advanced CGI does not necessarily mean better use of CGI. It just means the director can afford to be more lazy. (Or not, as the case may be.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    Too frickin right! More advanced CGI does not necessarily mean better use of CGI.

I agree. *cough Attack of the Clones cough* Revenge of the Sith cough*
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Marselus wrote
    Steven wrote
    Too frickin right! More advanced CGI does not necessarily mean better use of CGI.

Yep. I still much prefer the SFX in Phantom Menace to the next two films. They did at least use some non-CGI special effects, and to great effect! (The flag parade bit used cutips for the audience, and then they used sand for water falls I believe? THAT is the kind of artistry in special effects I love.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    Steven wrote

Exactly... just compare the brilliant Jedi space battles (how they did that with only models, motion control and matte paintings I'll never know) to the all CGI BS in Clones and Sith. Hell, even the Asteroid Field in Empire blows anything in the prequel trilogy out of the water!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    If I were the DP, I think I'd be pretty pleased with myself now. You could play that to all your friends and say "I survived a verbal bitch slap by friggin' Batman himself!".
  3. I remember watching The X-Files with my friend Holly when Robert Patrick was a part of the cast, she being a Terminator fan, would always make fun and shout, "Liquid Metal Man!" at the screen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Filmscoregirl wrote

I agree with Erik on T1 & T2, both are fantastic films, T2 in particular shows to me why Cameron is THE best action director out there.

I quite like T3 but it's not, imo, an essential viewing.

Same here, T2 isn't about the effects IMO. It's like the perfect example to learn about in film college on how to direct an action film: while the effects are frakking fantastic, it's how the whole movie is shot and edited and feel like one insane rollercoaster with one more wicked turn after the last one. And when you think the ride's over... Oh wait another turn, even sharper than the last. It helps that the acting is spot on for the well developed characters.

Sincerely, for me one of the best-made films ever, and one I can watch again and again without getting bored with it, which happens so many times with the recent crap. And to have it in blu-ray now... HEAVEN!!! punk punk punk

T3 is fun but it doesn't hold a candle to the first two.

Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Steven wrote

Exactly... just compare the brilliant Jedi space battles (how they did that with only models, motion control and matte paintings I'll never know) to the all CGI BS in Clones and Sith. Hell, even the Asteroid Field in Empire blows anything in the prequel trilogy out of the water!

-Erik-

Dude, you're totally right... Miniatures eat CGI for breakfast and then some. Give me puppet Yoda over that poor CGI excuse for a jedi master any day.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2009 edited
    Now that Bale went on that crazy rant, I feel it's safe to say that I think he is grossly overrated as an actor.

But I am still looking forward to Salvation and Elfman's score!
  4. EnemyToo wrote
    Now that Bale went on that crazy rant, I feel it's safe to say that I think he is grossly overrated as an actor.

Maybe he's overrated as a human being, but since he wasn't pretending to be angry, it probably isn't the best indication of how good an actor he is. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2009
    franz_conrad wrote
    EnemyToo wrote

Maybe he's overrated as a human being, but since he wasn't pretending to be angry, it probably isn't the best indication of how good an actor he is. wink

I didn't quite mean it like that. LOL.

I meant to say that now he has done something that people will bash him for (instead of everyone being obsessed with him), I feel like stating that I don't believe he is a very good actor unlike most other people.
  5. Yeah I already wasn't the biggest Bale fan, but this crazy attack on that poor DP sure made me rolleyes in disbelief a few times. I can already tell this film is bound to be doomed, I mean the director has no control whatsoever over his actors, how do you expect him to have control of the entire movie?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2009
    If anything, his little outburst just proves to me how intense a performer he really is. And I suppose it's very easy for us to judge him on this one mistake. Sure, it was a very bad mistake, but that doesn't necessarily imply he's a bad person. Just means he has serious anger issues. That's all we can really deduce from this whole shebang.