• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. DreamTheater wrote
    Yeah I already wasn't the biggest Bale fan, but this crazy attack on that poor DP sure made me rolleyes in disbelief a few times. I can already tell this film is bound to be doomed, I mean the director has no control whatsoever over his actors, how do you expect him to have control of the entire movie?

It's unlike me to stick up for a terminator movie, but if it's written by Jonathan Nolan, who co-wrote the scripts of THE PRESTIGE and DARK KNIGHT, there IS HOPE.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2009
    I'll stick up for a Terminator movie, AND I like Nolan's writing, AND I think Bale is pretty much one of THE most talented actor out there, so my hope pretty much already solidified into certainty. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2009
    I love Bale's acting. The DP had no placed in the set, while shooting. I can understand that when sound engineering live. You can't move around when the gig has already started or else you're gonna get kicked.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2009 edited
    Bale apologised this morning on a local radio station. He said it was a tough scene at the end of a hard week, but admitted that he was way out of the line. He did apologize to the guy later the same day it happened, and all that is happening right now with that tape and the remixes is what he thinks is the right thing he deserved for acting like that.

I still think this is a private matter that should have stayed where it belonged, between those two guys. But it´s a classy act to go out and apologize and making fun of himself like he did today.
  2. I think understandably with the level of intensity that Christian Bale performs at, that in a way he had every right to be angry. For sure he blew up at the guy bigger than anyone on set or otherwise expected. But I seriously think that in terms of profanity or anger issues, sadly I hear much the same from the local high school kids that walk by my house after school has let out. I think because Bale is in the public eye, the media has made him out to be a bastard, but everyone is probably relieved thinking that they're glad they weren't on camera or recorded the last time they overreacted over something they now see as ridiculous.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2009
    Martijn wrote
    I'll stick up for a Terminator movie, AND I like Nolan's writing, AND I think Bale is pretty much one of THE most talented actor out there, so my hope pretty much already solidified into certainty. smile

I'm wiv ya bud beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2009 edited
    Filmscoregirl wrote
    I think understandably with the level of intensity that Christian Bale performs at, that in a way he had every right to be angry. For sure he blew up at the guy bigger than anyone on set or otherwise expected. But I seriously think that in terms of profanity or anger issues, sadly I hear much the same from the local high school kids that walk by my house after school has let out. I think because Bale is in the public eye, the media has made him out to be a bastard, but everyone is probably relieved thinking that they're glad they weren't on camera or recorded the last time they overreacted over something they now see as ridiculous.

When I seriously think about it, you can never tell what really happened there unless you were present. So maybe it's understandable to have reacted like that given the circumstances, maybe he was beyond pissed at something and the director of photography was the easy target, in the end all that really matters is: if he made peace with the guy that same day, all this nonsense can be forgiven and forgotten.

That's the thing with film stars and the internet these times: whenever something leaks out, good or bad, the world is bound to know within minutes. Remember the Cruise-incident? That still hunts him to this day.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    I was at a sneak-peek that WB held for the press a few weeks ago, where they showed a bit of footage, McG spoke to us, and there was a Q&A afterwards. I really think the movie has potential, but need to wait and see the final product. I'm eager to hear Elfman's score - it's gonna be some wild stuff if they do what I've been told they're gonna be doing.... wink
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
  3. DreamTheater wrote
    That's the thing with film stars and the internet these times: whenever something leaks out, good or bad, the world is bound to know within minutes. Remember the Cruise-incident? That still hunts him to this day.

Yeah true, seems pretty unfair, when it's really nobodies business if it doesn't affect them directly. I wouldn't trade places with a famous actor...ever. smile
  4. dgoldwas wrote
    I was at a sneak-peek that WB held for the press a few weeks ago, where they showed a bit of footage, McG spoke to us, and there was a Q&A afterwards. I really think the movie has potential, but need to wait and see the final product. I'm eager to hear Elfman's score - it's gonna be some wild stuff if they do what I've been told they're gonna be doing.... wink

Coolness. cheesy Looking forward to it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Filmscoregirl wrote
    dgoldwas wrote

Coolness. cheesy Looking forward to it.

Same here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    If anything, his little outburst just proves to me how intense a performer he really is. And I suppose it's very easy for us to judge him on this one mistake. Sure, it was a very bad mistake, but that doesn't necessarily imply he's a bad person. Just means he has serious anger issues. That's all we can really deduce from this whole shebang.

Agreed. Fine actor, troublesome personality.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Steven wrote
    If anything, his little outburst just proves to me how intense a performer he really is. And I suppose it's very easy for us to judge him on this one mistake. Sure, it was a very bad mistake, but that doesn't necessarily imply he's a bad person. Just means he has serious anger issues. That's all we can really deduce from this whole shebang.

At least he's big enough to issue a public apology.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Steven wrote

At least he's big enough to issue a public apology.

True, although that is the LEAST of what one could expect.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. The apology?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  6. Just heard the youtube hit of Bale cursing away, I think it is understandable why he did it, and I'm sure he feels badly about it now.

But what disturbs me the most is that no one (I MEAN NO ONE) intervenes, not even the director?!!!!! shocked

this shows Bale is god and Bale is the most important person on that set! MCG I think was hiding in the toilet.

Man, if he pulled that crap on a James Cameron movie, I think Jim would have cooled him off in the icy cold water they used on the Titanic set

Pfff, MCG, you sorry excuse for a director, take matters into your own hands and act like a director goddamn it slant
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2009
    And what's the most amusing thing about the whole Bale cursing thing? The fact that nobody blames Bale! It's all McDouche's fault! biggrin
  7. Anthony wrote
    And what's the most amusing thing about the whole Bale cursing thing? The fact that nobody blames Bale! It's all McDouche's fault! biggrin

voila, it shows Bale is GOD confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Haven't we already established that McDouche is a....douche? What did you expect tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    No. All I've established is that Bale is a douche, and McDouche just didn't do anything about it. confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2009
    It has developed into a trend, apparently.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b8e_1234149790
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    It has developed into a trend, apparently.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b8e_1234149790

I think that's a piss-take.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2009 edited
    I though about it as well, upon 2nd viewing. But it IS funny. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2009
    Family Guy parody of the Christian Bale rant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cns9l1Ld2rU&eurl
  8. LSH wrote
    Family Guy parody of the Christian Bale rant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cns9l1Ld2rU&eurl

hihi, not bad biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2009
    biggrin
  9. FUCKING lol !!!

As for Bale, these are the kind of moments that chase you forever in life, and you end up regretting the most, if you can keep your feet on the ground that is.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2009
    The family guy parody is friggin HILARIOUS! biggrin biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2009
    "I don't understand why we need another Terminator"

"I ate that last piece of pie."

"Well I hope it was good as it's F***ING useless now!"

"It's nourishing me..."

biggrin

Oh how I love Family Guy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2009
    ^ biggrin What about his last response when Christian Bale announces to him that "you and me are done professionally"

Had me rolling biggrin