• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2009 edited
    Edited.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2009
    Marselus wrote
    Edited.

Damn right, I feel your outrage!! kill
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2009
    Can´t you get them from somewhere else? The "I'm right at the bottom of the queue to get it again" doesn´t sound good.
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    True Lies is hilarious. But can you picture something like that coming out today and not getting consistently flamed?

I think it would still receive the same amount of acclaim it did back then. It's a witty original comedy action film. True Lies is a great movie!

-Erik-

Absolutely right. Sure, True Lies is over the top, maybe more so than any other Cameron film, but that's why we go to the movies no? To be entertained, and this one provided it with the bucket load. I always get an incredible rush whenever the big action packed finale starts.

Back then, fun movies such as this were the standard, rather than the exception, seems its the other way round now.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. And let's not forget that it's really a pastiche. So it's over the top for a reason.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. PawelStroinski wrote
    And let's not forget that it's really a pastiche. So it's over the top for a reason.

Yes it was not too be taken seriously. And I thought Jamie Lee Curtis nailed her role, how she transforms from that naive housewive to an buttkicking hottie is always a treat to watch.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2009
    I don't watch an Arnie movie for his acting, of course, but I DID love it when he TRIED to act in that Satan film by Peter Hyams (SIXTH DAY, was it?). He has some pretty intense scenes there.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. End of Days. Sixth Day was a cloning Roger Spottiswoode flick.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2009 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    End of Days. Sixth Day was a cloning Roger Spottiswoode flick.

Ah yeah, that's right. The clone movie always makes me think of this classic Will Sasso skit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqd75O7mRBE

I still giggle at that one! Sasso is a genius.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2009
    Thor wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    End of Days. Sixth Day was a cloning Roger Spottiswoode flick.

Ah yeah, that's right. The clone movie always makes me thing of this classic Will Sasso skit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqd75O7mRBE

I still giggle at that one! Sasso is a genius.

Brilliant skit, one of my favourites I played to death for anyone who would watch it. biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2009
    I'm just hanging about at the cinema after seeing Transformers waiting for this to start. I pray this is good!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Knowing you (or not as the case evidently is biggrin ), this could go either way: You'll love it or hate it. I hope it's the former as I don't particularly want to write your name on my death list.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2009 edited
    ...and:

I LOVE IT!

Terminator made up for Transformers, although my back is killing me from sitting in cinema seats for probably 5 hours today. cry

While watching it the plot seemed kinda thin, but now I have time to think about it the whole "Even YOU don't know you're an infiltration machine" plot is very cool and slightly mind bending. But does that mean the woman with cancer knew he was going to be used for evil? Or was he built for good and reprogrammed for evil when Skynet took over? I'm still trying to work that bit out. dizzy

Anyway, what awesome action set pieces. I especially loved the bike chase and when the one stuck to the tow truck flipped up into the jet engine. And I loved how the final fight was reminiscent of the first two movies with the voice-emulating feature of the Terminator to the whole melting/freezing thing again cool

And once again the franchise holds onto the title of beefiest-sounding-weapons-of-any-movie.

And one last thing - I HAVE to listen to Elfmans freakin' uber-apocalyptic score. The harvester attack/bike chase action cue was spectacular!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    *puts away death list*

Good man! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    punk

Haven't watched the movie yet, but i told you so on the score wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Anything that is reminiscent of Wanted and not Elfman's sugary "fantasy" sound is good in my books. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's a truly GREAT score.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    And one last thing - I HAVE to listen to Elfmans freakin' uber-apocalyptic score. The harvester attack/bike chase action cue was spectacular!! punk

Tis what I've been saying since I first heard it. Obviously people do not heed my recommendations. sad

*cough* Warriors Of Virtue *cough*
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Btw, where did Fidel's theme appear?
  5. Fidel has a theme? He's in the MOVIE? lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote

Just the famous rhythm and the low growling noise for the terminators. Elfman does hint to it in his own themes though, very subtle, but it's there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2009
    Anthony wrote

When Arnie showed up I thought the surround system was gonna explode.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2009
    Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote

Just the famous rhythm and the low growling noise for the terminators. Elfman does hint to it in his own themes though, very subtle, but it's there.

Ah ok, I was very pleased to hear the growling. The only part of the old scores that I don't consider hideous.