• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2009 edited
    Bregt wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    NP: Marco Frisina - Pompei shocked

First Listen. OMFG.

Sounds cruel.

What is this?

It is one of the most intense listening experiences you can have with a score without knowing anything about the movie despite the fact that it´s obvious what it is about. This utterly brilliant, even if slightly repetitive score is a serious contender for every "spontanious tear-burst score" competitions. Really, if you have only a bit of imagination, those last two tracks will take you out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2009
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    This utterly brilliant, even if slightly repetitive score is a serious contender for every "spontanious tear-burst score" competitions. Really, if you have only a bit of imagination, those last two tracks will take you out.

If you haven't got his other scores then do check out Giovanni Paolo II (Pope John Paul II) or San Pietro. Those are drenched in beauty. Frisina writes great melodies. He has a rather simple style which can get a little repetitive as you've already noticed. But his stuff is awesome!
  1. BhelPuri wrote
    If you haven't got his other scores then do check out Giovanni Paolo II (Pope John Paul II) or San Pietro.

You bet I will.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Steven wrote
    Looks like Picard.

403 error. New link?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote
    Steven wrote
    Looks like Picard.

403 error. New link?

Search for facepalm in Google and you'll get the idea.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    So you want Bregt to go out and do teh work to Google a picture to have to work into an elaborate emoticon just for you?
    Did I summarise that correctly?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Yes, you did.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2009
    Better he searches for it on Google rather than have another 403 error... but just in case that's too much work to type 'facepalm' into Google:

http://images.google.co.uk/images?clien … p;ct=title
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2009 edited
    NP The Lazarus Project (Brian Tyler)

Really interesting work by Tyler. He forgets (for once) his big, brassy action scores and goes for the atmospheric way, creating a great mood through all the score. The main theme (and its many variations) that leds the score is as simple as beautiful and the (few) outbursts of action are welcomed and are Tyler-ish without being over the top.
    Honestly, a score I didn´t pay much atention to while watching the movie and has surprised me as a listening experience.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Star Wars Episode II (John Williams)

Some reviewers put this score over the The Phantom Menace. I'm not agree.

Anyway, it has some awesome cues: "Across the stars" (Magic!) , "on the conveyor Belt" and "love Pledge and the Arena"....

"Zam the assessin...." beer beer beer beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote

Anyway, it has some awesome cues: "Across the stars" (Magic!) , "on the conveyor Belt" and "love Pledge and the Arena"....

And that's about it which is why The Phantom Menace is an overall far superior score!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

And that's about it which is why The Phantom Menace is an overall far superior score!

-Erik-

...what?

I agree though. Phantom Menace is my favourite of the prequel scores.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

First Listen. OMFG.

Sounds cruel.

What is this?

It is one of the most intense listening experiences you can have with a score without knowing anything about the movie despite the fact that it´s obvious what it is about. This utterly brilliant, even if slightly repetitive score is a serious contender for every "spontanious tear-burst score" competitions. Really, if you have only a bit of imagination, those last two tracks will take you out.

Was this for a made for TV movie?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

-Erik-

...what?[/small]

He mentioned all the best cues in Attack of the Clones... and that's basically all that score has to offer which is why The Phantom Menace is the far superior score. Phantom is rarely a bore and offers so much more.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Is "the conveyor belt" cue a bonus download? Wasn't on my CD.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    BhelPuri wrote
    If you haven't got his other scores then do check out Giovanni Paolo II (Pope John Paul II) or San Pietro.

You bet I will.

There is a CD compilation called Verso la gioia by Frisina which contains music written for the Bible series and some other religious TV movies. That CD is awesome, I just cannot listen to it enough. Actually my growing interest in Frisina's music is due to this CD. It comes highly recommended!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Panthera wrote
    Is "the conveyor belt" cue a bonus download? Wasn't on my CD.

It was a bonus track on some editions of the album. It's an excellent action cue! (But sadly just stuck on the end of the album, rather irritatingly.)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote

Really interesting work by Tyler. He forgets (for once) his big, brassy action scores and goes for the atmospheric way, creating a great mood through all the score. The main theme (and its many variations) that leds the score is as simple as beautiful and the (few) outbursts of action are welcomed and are Tyler-ish without being over the top.
    Honestly, a score I didn´t pay much atention to while watching the movie and has surprised me as a listening experience.

So it's not just drone? shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Meet Dave - John Debney

Not bad! Has some nice action and choral stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote

I haven't heard on CD but in the movie it was a MAJOR, UNINTERESTING snoozer.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt

Haha, okay. But these aren't really icons or so. I'll see what I can find, when I have my weekly smiley hunt.

Congrats on finding the dinosaur Martijn.
    Kazoo
  3. Timmer wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

Was this for a made for TV movie?

Yup, Italian, two-parter, 2007. And that´s all I know about it. imdb will help.

keky wrote
    There is a CD compilation called Verso la gioia by Frisina which contains music written for the Bible series and some other religious TV movies. That CD is awesome, I just cannot listen to it enough. Actually my growing interest in Frisina's music is due to this CD. It comes highly recommended!

Thanks; I´ll look out for this then as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Marselus wrote

Exactly what I thought while watching the movie. That´s why it has surprised me outside the film.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Marselus wrote

Oh...Im shocked since I know You like Atmospheric scores.

NP:The Dark Knigh (Zimmer and Howard)

Industrial Sound. I like it. Perfect for the movie.

I have to problems to listen the 16 minutes string adagio with the final reprised of the Batman's iconic motif tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : VAMPIRE CIRCUS : THE ESSENTIAL VAMPIRE THEME COLLECTION - Various Artists

A great compilation by Silva of vampiric film scores and all the selections are from the original scores and features works by the likes of Gerald Fried, David Whitaker, Daniel Licht, Brad Fiedel, Lee Holdridge, Cliff Eidelman, Richard Stone and others. A very satisfying listen.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: El Cid ~ Miklos Rozsa

Do I have to say again why I absolutely adore this work? Ok I will.
    If we speak in terms of composition and musical devices it is perfect. It has caught the essence of the story presented in a wonderful way. But what is more important to me is what it does to my heart. Each listening is a breathtaking experience. A journey to a different dimension where every sense takes part.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote
    NP: El Cid ~ Miklos Rozsa

Do I have to say again why I absolutely adore this work? Ok I will.
    If we speak in terms of composition and musical devices it is perfect. It has caught the essence of the story presented in a wonderful way. But what is more important to me is what it does to my heart. Each listening is a breathtaking experience. A journey to a different dimension where every sense takes part.

Along with Ben-Hur and King of Kings this IMO is Rozsa's greatest work, truly exceptionally magnificent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Timmer wrote

Along with Ben-Hur and King of Kings this IMO is Rozsa's greatest work, truly exceptionally magnificent.

I cannot do anything else but agree my friend! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Body Double - Pino Donaggio

Watched the (ridiculous!) film the other day. Great scoring.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    edit