• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2010
    The Grey Pilgrim wrote
    Just bought:

The Education of Little Tree - Mark Isham

A really lovely one, along the lines of October Sky or A River Runs Through It.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    You started it! tongue

I'll have my revenge with Part III !
    WAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA !!

biggrin tongue
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2010
    shocked freezing
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2010
    Fuji Cine Musique - Bandes Originales de Films (2 copies)
    René van Barneveld, Oscar P. Swamp & Bram van Splunteren - Dead Souls
    Alfred Newman - All About Eve
    Alfred Newman - Forever Amber
    Vangelis - 1492: Conquest of Paradise (?th copy)
    Mason Daring - Sunshine State
  1. Joep wrote
    Vangelis - 1492: Conquest of Paradise (?th copy)

ow, you don't know which copy anymore, that's sad shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2010
    http://www.theunmutual.co.uk/pressreleasecdset.htm

This looks like an interesting release. Does anyone know anything more about it?
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2010
    Louis Dandrel - Homo Sapiens
    Marcel Barsotti - Wo ist Fred?
    Han Yong - Cantando Dietro I Paraventi
    Foreign Office - Un An
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2010
    Wolfman (Elfman)
    Daybreakers (Gordon)
    Prince & The Pauper re-recording (Korngold)
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Matt C wrote
    Wolfman (Elfman)
    Daybreakers (Gordon)
    Prince & The Pauper re-recording (Korngold)

Great selections!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2010 edited
    The Hawaiians - Henry Mancini
    The new Intrada: I really just wanted the album version, which -according to some clips I got to listen- is gorgeous, but it just comes as a two-CD. dizzy Oh well. I'm sure I'll get my money's worth of enjoyment!
    The Thorn Birds - Henry Mancini
    Long overdue purchase. smile
    Age Of Pirates: Caribbean Tales - Yury Poteyenko
    A game score with a real Golden Age smell of salt, sea dogs and gun powder! I was very impressed when I got to listen to a sample version!
    In fact I was so impressed I started listening to more clips from that Russian label's (KeepMoving Records) issues...and ended up buying quite a lot of 'em!! biggrin

You Are Empty - Dimitriy Dyachenko (game score)
    Vanechka - Yury Poteyenko (contemporary drama)
    Back In Time - Ivan Burlaev (Time Cop-ish action film)
    Ancient Wars: Sparta - Markus Schmidt (game score: the clips sounded insanely martial! punk )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Martijn wrote
    Age Of Pirates: Caribbean Tales - Yury Poteyenko
    Vanechka - Yury Poteyenko (contemporary drama)
    Ancient Wars: Sparta - Markus Schmidt

All very worthy of a listen.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    All very worthy of a listen.

I should have guessed you should be the ones to actually know these.
    I got them all the way from Russia fer Chrissakes! Nobody but you would know them! biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. I really like the smaller-scale sound of Vanechka. I remember it being quite an intimate score in places. I got them from SAE a few weeks back - and I remember there being comments on how much cheaper they would have been if I'd got them direct from Russia.

But they turned out to be worth the extra cost. And, at the time, I hadn't heard of anyone's experience of buying them direct from Russia.

In future I may go direct to them. Especially if they release titles such as Night Watch. It's been a while since I saw this film but I do remember there being some memorable music. And it's been difficult to find any copies online.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2010
    I ordered with some trepidation...after all, it is Russia.
    Luckily I could pay through Paypal (so didn't have to leave my credit card number, which I really wouldn't have done!). I was pleasantly surprised when a week later, a secure, well-packed, registered package came in.

So it certainly looks like a sympathetic and well-organized outfit.
    I wouldn't hesitate recommending doing business with them.
  4. Martijn wrote
    I wouldn't hesitate recommending doing business with them.

Cheers for the endorsement, Martijn. I'm sure your cheque is in the post! wink

Or would that be Czech?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Or would that be Czech?

*groannnnn*

wink

biggrin applause
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2010 edited
    I just got my shipping notice for Jarre's The Lion of The Desert/The Message

I can't wait cool

Roll on MAD MAX BEYOND THUNDERDOME
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2010
    Hans Posegga - Lockruf & Zwei Jahre Ferien
    Wonderlijk Efteling muziek (theme park scores)
    René Dupéré - Xotika: Journey to the Heart (Holiday on Ice score)
    Willem Breuker - Kees de Jongen (theater score)
    Fuji Cine Musique - Bandes Originales de Films (third copy)
    Beauty and the Beast (3 songs + story)
  5. Joep wrote
    Wonderlijk Efteling muziek (theme park scores)
    René Dupéré - Xotika: Journey to the Heart (Holiday on Ice score)

hmn, sounds interesting, for real smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  6. Joep wrote
    Hans Posegga - Lockruf & Zwei Jahre Ferien

Is it the same Posegga that composed a score for Nosferatu?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2010 edited
    Just ordered on ebay:

NIXON - John Williams

I made a deal with myself not to buy anything for a certain period of time, but since another score I ordered before this period got cancelled today and the money put back into my paypal fund was just enough to order Nixon instead, I felt this justified buying it. I still haven't spent extra money shame lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'd just use Rapidshare instead. I don't see the harm in downloading an out-of-print album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    I'd just use Rapidshare instead. I don't see the harm in downloading an out-of-print album.

Actually, the Nixon album has enhanced features including an interview with John Williams. Personally speaking, as a John Williams fan, it's nice to have his stuff in "physical" form.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2010 edited
    It is nice, but I rarely get to see my CD collection thee days anyway being at uni. But if I was stuck for money and really wanted to hear it, I would rather download it than buy it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2010
    A rock and a hard place situation ( but not seriously ), understand both points.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2010
    FalkirkBairn wroteIs it the same Posegga that composed a score for Nosferatu?

Yes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2010
    - Beowulf - Alan Silvestri
    - Zone Troopers / The Alchemist - Richard Band
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  7. Eric wrote
    Zone Troopers / The Alchemist - Richard Band

I'd be interested in some comments on this one. I've not heard much mention of this score, but I really like it.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2010
    I have Prince and the Pauper on again. Listening to it a second time, and I love it more. Those fanfares and the main theme are what make the album worth the purchase, and the re-recording of the entire score is a bit much but absolutely stunning to hear. Now, if the company that did the Robin Hood re-recording with the same folks re-released that CD, I'd be content.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2010
    Two Dutch scores:

Otto Ketting - Music for Films (2 copies)
    Willem Breuker - Twee Vrouwen