• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Good question biggrin

The Stoning of Soraya M. show that. (I love Soraya)

Me too. Underrated Debney score.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010
    Well, 2 scores out of the hordes he's done don't exactly warrant a 'voice' do they? And i absolute adore Passion, but still anyone familiar with Peter Gabriel's PASSION will know POTC isn't Debney's voice smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Debney ghost-wrote Pirates of the Caribbean? confused

That doesn't make sense. dizzy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2010
    HD TRAILER FOR PREDATORS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=yZ … edium#t=11
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2010
    Hmmmm?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Iron Man 2 now available for pre-order at Amazon.

Horrible tracklisting presentation, but it's only $11!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Still 9 dollars too much tongue wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'll get it. I thought it was a lot better than people gave it credit for.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I've tried to forget the movie, but it seems like the whole score. I might give it a chance, the movie was so full of FX that the score was barely listenable.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  2. Timmer wrote
    Hmmmm?

Apparently Arnold is already a big fan of Predators, he thinks the trailer kicks ass. biggrin
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Who is Arnold? :shrug:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    That Austrian who starred in some excellent films who played some iconic roles.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Hmmmm?

Apparently Arnold is already a big fan of Predators, he thinks the trailer kicks ass. biggrin

lol

'my big hairy Arnold balls' biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote

Seriously. Who is he?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The guy who played at Greek half-gods, Cimmerian barbarians and killing machines before settling on the crown of California upon a weary brow.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah, that fella.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2010 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

Seriously. Who is he?

Is you fick or summat?

you only needed to watch the trailer that Gilles posted, D ....it's quite funny too wink
  3. Martijn wrote
    The guy who played at Greek half-gods, Cimmerian barbarians and killing machines before settling on the crown of California upon a weary brow.

Not to mention countless one-man armies. cool
  4. christopher wrote
    Debney has his own voice?

oh he does, problem is that he can never show it, at least now considering he always needs to re create another temp track sound

but he surely does
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2010
    http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/rev … ?SID=10249

Am I missing something, but they say two discs? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2010
    And yet another joins the ranks of composers who dabbled in the "Aliens & Predators" universe. I actually have a very good feeling about this Debney score... this could be another Relic, with Silvestri hints!

Silvestri can be damn proud. He's the only composer who's ever returned to the "Aliens & Predators" franchise. If I were him I'd try to defend that title. He should arrange for Zemeckis to pick up the next project. And if Cameron decides to make another one, Horner better hire a food tester.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  5. Anthony wrote

LLLR was talking of it being a 2CD set initially -- maybe that reviewer got an early copy.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote

5 stars! biggrin

Why do professional film reviewers know fuck all about film music?

It's a decent enough score, quite fun if you're in the mood for a raw Debney/Silvestri action score... but not 5 stars. Nah.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    They gave POTC 3 stars claiming it was a rehash of the first two scores. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's funny smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Btw the style and tone of that review reminded me of no 'professionalism' whatsoever; rather more like typical fanboy rants we read in film music forums from time to time......also a certain reviewer i have in mind....
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    They gave POTC 3 stars claiming it was a rehash of the first two scores. biggrin

That's two more stars than I'd have given it. wink
  6. Timmer, he meant the third score. Have you heard it? It's most definitely recommended.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Timmer, he meant the third score. Have you heard it? It's most definitely recommended.

Yeap! I feel more generous than I did a few minutes ago, I'll give it two stars.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2010
    I know a lot of people like it Pawel, it's just not a sound I particularly like.