• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2008
    So, a good film is it, eh?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Christodoulides wrote

absolutely, even though what my brother says is true, it is more enchanting in the first part, when just Wall-E and later EVE are all alone, but I think the secondary part was nessecary (with more dialogue)

Not as brilliant as Ratatouille and the cream of the Crop The Incredibles, but still amazing stuff smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote

It's wonderful. I also watched it again over the weekend (the Blu-Ray was a birthday present) and it's a delight. Maybe not quite as good as Ratatouille, but seriously good. The opening 40 minutes or so are as good as anything you're ever likely to see in an American animation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nice. I plan to watch it soon although not a biggie fan of the score. Hope i like it more through the movie.

WHat about REVOLUTIONARY ROAD? I've been waiting for this one.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2008
    Many many times you have to see the film to fully appreciate the score. Such is the case with Wall-E.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2008
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Not as brilliant as Ratatouille and the cream of the Crop The Incredibles, but still amazing stuff smile

My personal cream of the crop as far as Pixar is concerned is Monsters, Inc. But I missed Wall-E in theaters and I look forward to seeing it, finally.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  2. HeeroJF wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

My personal cream of the crop as far as Pixar is concerned is Monsters, Inc. But I missed Wall-E in theaters and I look forward to seeing it, finally.

Monsters Inc has some amazing emotional stuff, the final scene alone is enough to cry your heart out shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2008
    As I said in another thread Revolutionary Road and CCBB haven't even hit the theaters yet. Difficult to judge fully without seeing the film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009
    What instrument is he playing? dizzy biggrin
    http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/523209.jpg
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009
    Bregt wrote
    What instrument is he playing? dizzy biggrin
    http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/523209.jpg

This looks like a violine tuba. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2009
    Received Revolutionary Road today.

"Orchestrated by J.A.C. Redford"

Is this the first Thomas Newman score which is not orchestrated by Thomas Pasatieri? Why, I do believe it is!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2009
    Good question
    Thomas smile
  3. J A C Redford did a very fine score for ONE NIGHT WITH THE KING, if my memory serves me correctly.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  4. franz_conrad wrote
    J A C Redford did a very fine score for ONE NIGHT WITH THE KING, if my memory serves me correctly.

He did - and it was!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. FalkirkBairn wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    J A C Redford did a very fine score for ONE NIGHT WITH THE KING, if my memory serves me correctly.

He did - and it was!

Without checking, I think Intrada released that last year.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  6. They did - and I have it!
  7. I just got Revolutionary Road for my birthday. Still letting it sink in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2009
    The music was a lot better than the film IMHO.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2009
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Peter Gabriel up in arms over Oscar presentation of Best Song...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7888112.stm

Good on him. Why should he be part of a crappy medley.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  8. He should have been up in arms over the lyrics when they recorded it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    They're not the best, are they? I quite like the song though. So long as I don't listen to the lyrics.
  9. Thomas Newman's arrangement of it is of course nice, but it's hard to forget the lyrics. I wish he'd either had room for: (i) a song that had more to do with the unusual love and Wall-e and eve; (ii) an extended end titles piece. Like Finding Nemo, it's a score that lacks summation at the end because of the use of a song over end credits.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2009
    It's very surprising that it's such a throwaway song, isn't it? So much care put into everything in the film, yet the director was happy with that. I get the impression he was just a bit star-struck by Peter Gabriel and was willing to accept anything.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2009
    Southall wrote
    It's very surprising that it's such a throwaway song, isn't it? So much care put into everything in the film, yet the director was happy with that. I get the impression he was just a bit star-struck by Peter Gabriel and was willing to accept anything.

I haven't heard the song? Peter Gabriel is very talented but hardly a great lyricist.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2009
    According to a press release by Universal Pictures and Working Title, Thomas Newman will score Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Now THAT is a surprising assignment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    For Thomas or Nanny McPhee?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  10. Both, I guess.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2009 edited
    Both, I think. But great nevertheless.