• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2010
    I didn't watch the match, as I'm not interested in hockey, but I want to congratulate Canada on their historic 14 gold medal streak in a single Olympics. No nation has managed that before, as I said above.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm proud of the effort the USA made.
    listen to more classical music!
  1. yes, a good reason for pride Tom. The game was amazing and not a spoilt second of the game.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    moonie wrote
    Congratulations Team Canada for the Olympic Hockey Win !!

Party at Eric's House wink

Get the beers in Erik biggrin beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I'm still on cloud nine. I nearly put my head through my basement ceiling when Crosby scored! A classic game!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Now that would have been funny to see especially if your head got stuck. cheesy
  2. I watched most of the 3rd period but missed the overtime - too tired. When the USA scored with 24.4 seconds remaining I felt that the momentum was going to swing from Canada to the US.

But good to see that Canada prevailed after their efforts in the game proper.

Erik, how did you feel when the US netted their second goal with so little time remaining?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    He's probably still on cloud 9
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    The Russians didn't do so well in this Olympics, though. I just saw the Russian president in a TV interview almost demand that team leaders should resign. That's some pretty crazy stuff. That would never have happened in Norway; at most they'd settle thing on the back room, away from the media.

Guess they feel the heat is on, as they will be the hosts of the next Olympics in 2014.

The cynic deep inside me suspects that the Russians simply haven't managed to get top athletes without the aid of....how shall I put, performance-enhancing tools. It's easy to think that way, at least, given their history and how strict the doping controllers have become. But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2010
    My friend who is from Calgary and now lives in San Diego just kept going on and on and on about the Canada victory.
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2010
    Steve Davis beating John Higgins shocked cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2010
    who are they Tim
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Snooker players Tom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    It figures cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've always loved Snooker, Tom, even though I undertand why some would consider it a cure for insomnia. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Some would also put baseball into that category
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    On a hockey note it was nice to see the Sharks advance
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2010
    It will be the Flyers against the Blackhawks this year. I think the cup goes to Chicago. I'm sure Erik is disappointed the Cup stays in America. Melrose by the way picks the Flyers confused
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2012
    Anyone following the Tour de Ski this year?

Good chances for our best Norwegian guys - Petter Northug and Marit Bjørgen for men and ladies, respectively. But getting hard competition from Swiss Dario Cologna and Polish Jusztyna Kowalcyk, again respectively.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2012
    Hearing lots of film music being played over the ceremonies, by the way -- STAR WARS, Morricone spaghetti westerns, TERMINATOR etc.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2012
    So the Tour de Ski is over again.

Yet again DISASTROUS results for Norway; Northug became third and Bjørgen two after having been crushed by Cologna and Kowalszyk. It's like there's a CURSE for Norway in Tour de Ski. We win lots of individual championship races and World Cup races etc., but really can't seem to win this one. Annoys me like hell!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The playoffs have started and many are glued to their television. The winners yesterday were Houston and New Orleans. Cincinnati and Detroit are out.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2012 edited
    sdtom wrote
    The playoffs have started and many are glued to their television. The winners yesterday were Houston and New Orleans. Cincinnati and Detroit are out.
    Tom

Since I have no idea what sport you're talking about, I assume it's either American Football or Baseball (two sports that don't interest me much, I'm afraid).
    I am extremely serious.
  3. sdtom wrote
    Tom

I watched the Houston game and they did really great. I decided to support Houston (so did my dad) after the two failed Cincinnati challenges biggrin

Great quarterback work from TJ Yates, Andy Dalton had a few interceptions, so things became quite difficult for him, especially after the one which directly led to a touchdown.

Today I am watching the Giants game. Could you explain me what are the wildcards, really? I'm hoping that my dad will watch it with me too. I really got into football last year, though - due to time difference - I watched mostly college games, rather than NFL itself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Pawel, how famous is Justina Kowalczyk in Poland? She's currently the greatest overall female cross country skiier in the world, especially in tours such as Tour de Ski. She has an incredible motor! Although, to be fair, Bjørgen seems to be the stronger in terms of individual races.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. She's very famous in Poland, basically after the ski jumper Adam Malysz ended his career and went into, I kid you not, the Dakar race, she is the most popular winter sport celebrity in Poland.

If I remember well, her whole lash against Bjoergen wasn't particularly well received in our sports journalism community. I do think she went too far with it, but I guess she got her way by allowing the medication to be legal for everyone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote
    She's very famous in Poland, basically after the ski jumper Adam Malysz ended his career and went into, I kid you not, the Dakar race, she is the most popular winter sport celebrity in Poland.

If I remember well, her whole lash against Bjoergen wasn't particularly well received in our sports journalism community. I do think she went too far with it, but I guess she got her way by allowing the medication to be legal for everyone.

Yeah, her cheap shot against Bjørgen a couple of years ago, where she accused her asthma medicine to have a beneficial effect (the medicine is not on any doping list) didn't go over well here either, and the two athletes have a very chilly relationship because of this (and some other issues).

But beyond that, there's no denying her incredible motor and willpower, which seems invinsible in this kind of competition.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. The Giants game was quite good. I guess the Falcons got lucky with that penalty that led to their safety points.
  6. Tom, are the Chargers off-season now?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2012
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Tom, are the Chargers off-season now?

The Chargers didn't make the playoffs so they are out.

Todays winners were Denver and N.Y. These teams had to win an extra game. This weekend the lineup is as follows
    Denver vs New England
    Houston vs Baltimore

New Orleans vs S.F.
    Giants vs. Green Bay

The team with the best record is Green Bay at 15-1.
    Tom