• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2009
    When you hear THIS you'll know Peter is about and ready to feast. shocked
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That 419 eater thingy, although funny indeed, made me feel that this guy is in desperate need of a life!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A lot of time he has wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Timmer wrote
    When you hear THIS you'll know Peter is about and ready to feast. shocked

Hehe, that's the most unzombie theme I've ever heard.

Christodoulides wrote
    That 419 eater thingy, although funny indeed, made me feel that this guy is in desperate need of a life!

I disagree. Not only are these things hilarious, but it's a great way to to bring some desperately needed justice back into the world. They are doing a valuable task making these scam artists waste their time, instead of scamming innocent people. These 419 eaters are heroes.

Peter punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Dear Folks,

First of all, relax for sometime. I have completely understood the whole issue of this. I am quite happy that all of you shared your genuine thoughts and opinions and provided help to me on this issue. I have learned lessons, i will definitely be very careful with this kind of mails.

Have a nice day!

Sunil
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    plindboe wrote

Christodoulides wrote

I disagree. Not only are these things hilarious, but it's a great way to to bring some desperately needed justice back into the world. They are doing a valuable task making these scam artists waste their time, instead of scamming innocent people. These 419 eaters are heroes.

Peter punk

TOO.MUCH.GOOD.TIME thrown away.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    He got eighty bucks off a Nigerian scammer.
    That's a tale worthy of relation. punk

fireworks May they continue to frustrate crooks the world around and regale us with entertaining stories regarding their exploits! fireworks
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    beer punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    BtW Martijn, I love your signature! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    William wrote
    BtW Martijn, I love your signature! biggrin

Who doesn't? It cracked me up when i read it ! lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    beer lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2009
    BhelPuri wrote
    There are some people (scam baiters) who respond to the spammers pretending to fall for their schemes but actually waste their time and (usually) get them to perform mundane tasks.
    http://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm

Has anyone here ever tried this sort of thing?
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    William wrote
    Has anyone here ever tried this sort of thing?

I've tried responding to them before. Never did anything elaborate or funny though. But wasting their time a little is better than nothing I guess.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    On the other hand, emailing them is enough to let them know that the email address is still actively used, and therefore more likely to get spammed more and more. Just delete spam!
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Rian wrote
    On the other hand, emailing them is enough to let them know that the email address is still actively used, and therefore more likely to get spammed more and more. Just delete spam!

THANK YOU!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Rian wrote

Of course one shouldn't reply if the spam arrives at one's regular mail address. Only if it's a discardable one, like a hotmail account or something.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Some of them even unleash malware/viruses onto computer just by clicking and opening them. Just delete them on sight.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    DemonStar wrote
    Some of them even unleash malware/viruses onto computer just by clicking and opening them. Just delete them on sight.

419ers use other tactics though. But it's true that one should never open attachments from people one doesn't know.

If one wants to bait a 419er, it's of course essential than one know what one is doing first, as these people are remorseless criminals/likely sociopaths.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    A 419'er? What the hell is that? Did I miss something?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yes. It's called "the internet".
    It's a vehicle some savages from another continent employ to try and swindle good Christian folk.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Yes. It's called "the internet".
    It's a vehicle some savages from another continent employ to try and swindle good Christian folk.

Of course, I have heard the "Nigerian scam" nomer before for this kind of activity, but not that number, 419. Hm, you learn something new every day.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2014
    I'm hoping someone here can help me here.

Just got my FSM King Kong double CD out from the bottom of a pile where something wet ( and sticky....lager or coke perhaps? ) must have spilt at some point, the inside back sleeve is dry, stiff and corrugated and the 2nd CD is welded tight to it.

Any tips for separating this with a minimum of damage?
  1. Sorry, Timmer, I'm not really sure what one would do there. Maybe try soaking it in hot water for a bit? I don't think that would damage the CD, as long as you don't leave it in there for too long. Obviously that would ruin the sleeve but I'm guessing it's the CD we're more concerned about...

By the way, THANK YOU for bringing this thread up out of the archives. I'd never have seen it otherwise and it contains much, much hilarity. That Sunil was a right berk, wasn't he? beer biggrin
  2. You won't be able to safe the inside back sleeve I guess. Maybe FSM would send you a pdf or a jpg of the artwork. I can send you a scan myself by next week.

CDs - as far as I know - are not harmed by water.

Imerse the CD in water for some time and try carefully to remove the sleeve. Clean the CD under water with some soft cleaning stuff. DON'T use any chemical cleanser.

That would be what I'd do.
    Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yup. Concur with both gentlemen above.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thank you guys, I knew I could rely on you beer

I'll give it until tomorrow just in case anyone has any other useful tips.

Edmund Meinerts wrote
    That Sunil was a right berk, wasn't he?

That's putting it lightly. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2014 edited
    He was certainly an oddball character who may have lacked some social antennae, but I don't think he deserved -- or deserves -- the personal attacks I've seen. I felt uncomfortable witnessing that whole 'witch hunt' mentality, which is something I associate with other boards, but not this.
    I am extremely serious.