• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Yeah, that's a heavy blow to bear ... Silly pun intended. Really sorry about that loss, though, Thor. As I am myself driven 50% by nostalgia I can appreciate how you feel.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2015
    Thor wrote
    What's annoying me currently? That I've been friggin' burglarized!

Thiefs have ransacked my storage room in the basement, stealing stuff for thousands of Norwegian kroner. That's not the most annoying, though. The most annoying thing is that they also stole a painting (by a member of the family) and my friggin' teddybear -- the only memento I've kept from my childhood. What the fuck is wrong with these people?

Fuck! That is just awful. Why would you steal a teddybear. WTF!!! Assholes!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2015
    Shopping in TESCO this morning and the self-help machine says 'HO! HO! HO! MERRY CHRISTMAS'

I felt like putting my size 11 straight through the fucking machine.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    "And Cor bless os, ev'wy one!"
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Shopping in TESCO this morning and the self-help machine says 'HO! HO! HO! MERRY CHRISTMAS'

I felt like putting my size 11 straight through the fucking machine.

LOL! biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Indeed. lol

Maybe they can program it to say "Now I have a machine gun...ho-ho-ho" instead.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Rick Wakeman hates Christmas
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Sorry to hear shit like that Thor. People like that don't deserve jail (if you ever find them). You steal: cut off their hands, you escape jail: cut off their legs, you rape, well you get the picture :p

Still sad to hear that Thor.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. Insha'Allah!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2015
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    People like that don't deserve jail (if you ever find them). You steal: cut off their hands, you escape jail: cut off their legs, you rape, well you get the picture :p

I didn't know you were Saudi, Thomas.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The House of Glorieux has spoken!

5. Seems more that he didn't like having family around or the fact that television amounted to only one channel choice. That clip could have been used for family birthdays, a wake, etc.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Seems more that he didn't like having family around or the fact that television amounted to only one channel choice. That clip could have been used for family birthdays, a wake, etc.

It's from the "Grumpy Old Men" show that aired a few years back. Wakeman (and others) rant about various aspects related to Christmas. Good stuff!
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Yes, I know where it's from - I enjoy watching these too. But, I was trying to say that what he was moaning about could easily have been about any other time when a family gathers.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    True.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    People like that don't deserve jail (if you ever find them). You steal: cut off their hands, you escape jail: cut off their legs, you rape, well you get the picture :p

I didn't know you were Saudi, Thomas.

when it comes to stealing, raping and scrupulous things like that, I am EVIL GOD crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2016
    What's annoying me now? On an airplane and the guy in front of me took his seat down despite being aware of my long legs and cramped space,. Is there anything more annoying?
    I am extremely serious.
  8. From time to time it has it advantages not to be among the tallest. (174 cm) smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm not that tall either (1.85), but my legs are disproportionally long compared to my upper body.

Btw, now he's constantly pushing the seat, as if he wants to take it further back than the maximum. Asshole!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Can't you rest your elbows on the back of his headrest while reading the flight safety manual for far longer than it takes wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2016
    He, he...I should have done that. At least it wasn't a screaming baby. That's my number 1 airplane annoyance (sorry, all parents, but that's the truth!).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2016 edited
    Thor wrote
    What's annoying me now? On an airplane and the guy in front of me took his seat down despite being aware of my long legs and cramped space,. Is there anything more annoying?

It is SO annoying. I can barely fit in the seats at the best of times (for once, because I am tall rather than because I am fat) and then when the piece of shit in front puts his or usually her seat back so he or usually she can watch a succession of films at a slightly reclined angle that is barely perceptible to him or usually her but enormously perceptible to me - well, I'm afraid I become a rather angry person, one who is not ashamed to say has managed on three separate occasions to "accidentally" bash the seat back so hard when they were consuming a drink that the thing went all over them.

Although my worst airborne experience was sitting next to a Somali gentleman named Ahmed on my way back from Nairobi to London, who spent the whole flight drinking Heineken to the point he was virtually comatose, but not quite comatose enough that it stopped the incessant blabbering about everything he had ever done in his life and was ever planning to do, nor the frequent intake of some sort of narcotic from in a pouch in his bag, which he regularly offered to me and my wife. He was due to fly on from London to New York but was somewhat disappointed when I pointed out that he had a 17-hour gap in London between flights (one might have expected him to have discerned this information by himself), which he then argued with the cabin crew about every ten minutes and insisted they allowed him to go on a tour of London during his wait.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2016
    Last year I fell and bruised my ankle (right?). After a month of wearing a support around my foot and ankle, it was all okay again, apart from some minor pain here and there. The doctor thought that this needed some stretching and it would be okay. But while I rarely had complaints, I decided to go back yesterday to just have a last check. The doctor now wants a CT scan to see if no bone is broken and cortisone injection to remove the swelling that apaprently hasn't disappeared completely. If the former shows a fracture, I need a surgury (very small one). Grrrrrbll...
    Kazoo
  9. Bregt wrote
    Last year I fell and bruised my ankle (right?). After a month of wearing a support around my foot and ankle, it was all okay again, apart from some minor pain here and there. The doctor thought that this needed some stretching and it would be okay. But while I rarely had complaints, I decided to go back yesterday to just have a last check. The doctor now wants a CT scan to see if no bone is broken and cortisone injection to remove the swelling that apaprently hasn't disappeared completely. If the former shows a fracture, I need a surgury (very small one). Grrrrrbll...

ow dear, hopefully nothing too serious
    then again, pain often shows a problem, so if you have no (or rarely) pain everything should be fine?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2016
    Jordi is back?
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

Although my worst airborne experience was sitting next to a Somali gentleman named Ahmed on my way back from Nairobi to London, who spent the whole flight drinking Heineken to the point he was virtually comatose, but not quite comatose enough that it stopped the incessant blabbering about everything he had ever done in his life and was ever planning to do, nor the frequent intake of some sort of narcotic from in a pouch in his bag, which he regularly offered to me and my wife. He was due to fly on from London to New York but was somewhat disappointed when I pointed out that he had a 17-hour gap in London between flights (one might have expected him to have discerned this information by himself), which he then argued with the cabin crew about every ten minutes and insisted they allowed him to go on a tour of London during his wait.

I think the narcotic was probably KHAT James. I tried it once, it was horrible, you chew it for an interminable amount of hours. I'd rather gargle on a pint of cilit bang.
  10. Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

I think the narcotic was probably KHAT James. I tried it once, it was horrible, you chew it for an interminable amount of hours. I'd rather gargle on a pint of cilit bang.

At least with cilit bang you know that it's better than Khat AND the dirt will be gone! wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    If it's good enough for Rab C. Nesbitt....
  11. Sorting documents for my tax declaration and tidying up my study. Not my favorite occupation. But nice music helps along. smile

Volker
  12. Nice music of the third kind? cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.