• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Personally in situations like that, I think I'd be happier watching it. Harsh truths are better than false memories.

I am not sure of that. There's numerous shows from the sixties and seventies that I fond memories of that, when I have watched them again more recently, don't live up to the memory. In fact, these cosy memories are tainted by my feelings when I see how ridiculously bad they are!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2018 edited
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Personally in situations like that, I think I'd be happier watching it. Harsh truths are better than false memories.

well I'm not sure the truths would be harsh, the show is fairly highly acclaimed, so it's not like something I enjoyed that most people consider to be terrible, whose flaws I might see if I tried again. but you're right, I probably should give it another watch. Hmmmm. We'll see.
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2018
    go for it!!!
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2018
    Neighbor's toilet upstairs overflowed and made a mess in my apartment (bathroom). The wheelchair makes it doubly tough to deal with.
  2. So unnecessary. Really annoying. slant
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2018
    It smells now so who knows
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2018
    Where is spring? sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2018
    sdtom wrote
    Where is spring? sad

I agree with this. My state can't decide what season it is. We've had snow, sun, sleet, you name it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2018
    The long range weather is snow and temps in the 30's thru next week, yuk.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2018
    as predicted we got a blast of more snow. Winter is still here heh Thor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2018 edited
    Yesterday, I formatted my computer after it had become insanely slow and impossible to use over the last year (it's ca 5 years old). I backed up all my data on an external drive.

But of course, you always forget something -- like, in my case, my entire calendar/schedule programme, and entire invoice programme with all the invoices.

crazy

(and now...to copy in all my 1500 albums, and start importing to iTunes again....urgh).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2018 edited
    FUCK ME!

Disaster struck tonight as I came home drunk, tripped in the wire of the external HD, it fell to the floor and now it doesn't seem to work. So now ALL of my music has been lost (about 180 GB). Fortunately, I have my trusted iPod, which has most of it, but it hasn't been updated for a couple of years, so all music I've acquired since then is gone. sad

(thankfully, I managed to transfer all important documents and pictures...the huge music folder was the last remaining thing I needed to transfer back).
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Argh! That's terrible. Always keep your music in two separate places, folks (which reminds me that I haven't backed up my backup in a couple of years either...)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2018
    Yes, I should have had a cloud solution in addition to the external HD.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    Wow, that’s a bit more than “annoying”. sad

Hope you find a way to get it back somehow, Thor.
  4. Thor wrote
    Yes, I should have had a cloud solution in addition to the external HD.

If there's anything you need back give me a shout and I'll see if I can help somehow.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thank you. Yes, I certainly need to re-acquire a lot of music. Probably around 4-500 albums if I manage to get the remaining 1200 albums off of my old iPod. Problem is -- I don't remember all of it. It will be an ongoing process.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Shouldn't you be able to re-download any online purchases from your online store accounts? And your IFMCA stuff from 2017 and 2018 will also be available.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yes, but not everything has been bought from store accounts. A lof of pre-2017 promos, for example, are gone forever.

Main issue first is trying to transfer the music from my iPod to my computer. It's tricky, and first attempts have been unsuccessful (I must be careful NOT to click 'Synchronize' as that will transfer my now-empty iTunes into the now-super-precious iPod rather than the other way around).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Oh Jesus, Thor. I feel for you, I really do.

Another lesson... keep your wires stowed!
  6. Thor, you could take it to a professional to see if they can retrieve anything? It will cost you though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, I checked that option. It was like 10.000 NOK! I could buy a 1000 CDs for that. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yikes! Hope it all works out Thunderer. Disasterous indeed.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2018
    It's like my whole film music life has been rebooted.

I've managed to save some music through my ancient iPod (even though the files are stored completely random in my folder system, alphabetical by track title -- so a thousand "Main Title" tracks per composer).

As I'm now going through my iTunes again, adding covers, editing info etc., I realize how many albums I'm actually missing.

What a journey this is! And all because I wanted to extend the life of my PC with a couple of years...

[I'd rather not think about the John Williams research material I lost, though...that's very painful].
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Oh, Thor. I’m so sorry!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2018 edited
    Thanks, christopher. I'm shedding a few tears (and trying to drown it out with a large amount of beers), because it comes at a moment in my life where everything else is falling apart. Losing my therapeutic music is just part of it, and I try to remind myself that it's "just" files. All is relative! But it's the "tip of the iceberg".
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2018
    I've had bohemian rhapsody stuck in my head for 2 days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2018 edited
    So I was cycling home from work last night at around 1am - very tired - and suddenly rode over a kink in the road which sent me veering aggressively to the left. Hit a lamp-post. Broke two ribs.

Lots of pain. Which I'm currently relieving with lots of gin.

dizzy
  8. Get better soon, friend! smile
  9. Halve the German postal service seems to be on vacation. Things take forever to get here. crazy