• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2009
    NP : ROBOCOP - Basil Poledouris

After talking Robo on another thread I just couldn't help myself cool punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. I just listened to some snippets and I was thoroughly impressed. And is it me but is the original soundtrack recording not always used, like some concert version or something?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Timmer wrote
    NP : ROBOCOP - Basil Poledouris

After talking Robo on another thread I just couldn't help myself cool punk

Good choice !
    Turn those speakers up and let your neighbours know that Robo's back in town !!
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    DreamTheater wrote
    I just listened to some snippets and I was thoroughly impressed. And is it me but is the original soundtrack recording not always used, like some concert version or something?

I'm glad you like what you heard so far Gilles .
    Right you are about the alternate versions ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  2. Timmer wrote
    NP : THE LORD OF THE RINGS - Leonard Rosenman

Overall this is no match for Shore's monumental work though at the same time there is no one track in Shore's works that is as pokey and awesomely corking as Rosenman's Helms Deep.

Being a classic of my childhood, this score still manages to trump Shore's work for me. It gives me those goosebumps that only childhood classics do.
    (And I think it's fair to say, at least on some levels, Rosenman writes more involved music than Shore. There's a bit more to listen to in each moment.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    King Arthur - Hans Zimmer

Well, at least it has amusing track titles.
  3. Listening to various famous pieces of classical music, backwards -- for the hell of it.

And spotting where even plyed backwards, Horner still managed to rip off. Appearently he must have gotten the idea to play classical music backwards, too.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote

The media ventures / RC power-house anthems in here are top-notch!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

Do you like much of this score James?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : BRAINSTORM - James Horner

Awesome score, you hear that D, AWESOME score!!! tongue punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

It's the ultimate example of a guilty pleasure, I guess! It sounds so ridiculously cheap (there are sample sets which sound more real than this, which is allegedly played by an orchestra) and not a moment goes by without a handful of cliches vying for attention, but there's no denying that it's an entertaining album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote

One of the greats! Bollocks to King Arthur, I want to listen to this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

It's the ultimate example of a guilty pleasure, I guess! It sounds so ridiculously cheap (there are sample sets which sound more real than this, which is allegedly played by an orchestra) and not a moment goes by without a handful of cliches vying for attention, but there's no denying that it's an entertaining album.

So what's wrong with PEARL HARBOR? They aren't really different....
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

One of the greats! Bollocks to King Arthur, I want to listen to this.

Great wisdom you have cool beer
  4. Timmer wrote

Not only that but written in the same year as the KING of AWESOMENESS. You know its name !!!! If I didn't know any better I'd say they are related. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

So what's wrong with PEARL HARBOR? They aren't really different....

I was talking about it in the film, where I think it's awful. I haven't seen King Arthur. (I do enjoy the King Arthur album a bit more, though.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote

Not only that but written in the same year as the KING of AWESOMENESS. You know its name !!!! If I didn't know any better I'd say they are related. smile

Spell it out! .....I'm thick!!
  5. NP: The Empire Strikes Back - John Williams

Sometimes I get so caught up with current scores that, over time, I lose sight of how great some scores are! Some that deserve the title "classic". And this score is one of them.

I'd forgotten just how many great tracks there are in this score and this is a good example where long tracks really work - on an operatic scale sometimes (particularly tracks covering the Battle of Hoth).
    punk
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. Timmer wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote

Spell it out! .....I'm thick!!

By Krull, are you? Are you? ARE YOU????
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Hancock - John Powell

Love that opening cue!

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:2012

Oh God...

There is something worst than Iron-man or Transformers 2, and it's scores like 2012.

No theme, no devolopment, no personality.

Only a couple of short tracks withou any sense. And what is worst, it's not even noisy.
  7. Yeah, major disappointment.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    justin boggan wrote
    Yeah, major disappointment.

Not for me because it's exactly what I thought it would sound like.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  8. The movie hasn't even come out yet, and Emmerich is working on turning it into a TV series.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    justin boggan wrote
    The movie hasn't even come out yet, and Emmerich is working on turning it into a TV series.

UGH!

rolleyes

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Forrest Gump - Alan Silvestri

From the tender piano theme to the orchestra playing "Run Forrest Run!", everything is pleasant, fresh and beautiful. It feels like a feather flying in the air.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Np: Oliver Twist - Sir Arnold Bax

He didn't write too many film scores but when he did Arnold Bax knocked them out of the park. I've only heard the concert suite of Oliver Twist and that instantly became one of my favorites. Well, I've now acquired the complete score thanks to Chandos, Rumon Gamba and The BBC Philharmonic. IMHO, this is easily one of the greatest scores ever composed. Scintillating score and inspired performances!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2009 edited
    NP: Emperor's New Groove - John Debney

Run Llama Run!
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Miya wrote
    NP: [b]Emperor's New Groove - John Debney[/b

Run Llama Run!

Debney wrote some exciting material for this film. I like it a lot!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    REGAN'S THEME - THE EXORCIST II THE HERETIC

Wow! what a them? as i said in other thread, i dedicate myself in playing all maetro's works. So, let me start off with this wonderful and haunting theme. What a great piece of music? starting off with wonderful solo guitar and solo voice accompanied with simple orchestra. Really masterpiece! Thanks to Southall.

After this i going to play ENNIO MORRICONE: THE PLATINUM COLLECTION. Today is going to be my great day.

beer
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.