• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2009 edited
    It's the time of the year again.

I'm transferring all my website to the same web hosting account (the one maintitles is running on). I can now spread the costs a bit, but this site will still demand the most traffic and web space. Our database is currently 160MB, traffic over 10000MB a month.

The next payment is in December. I sure want to pay it myself. But contributions are welcome! We have a cost of 115EUR a year and that includes our domain name), so that's still fairly cheap.

So don't feel obligated. We have a big group s I hope little bits come up from lots of people (and preferable not the ones who've already contributed once).
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2009
    I have a tendency to ignore people's preferences and annoyingly do whatever pleases me best.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    smile

Thanks Martijn. I received your generous payment. punk
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    As long as people can afford it I don't think it's too much to ask for a little donation, I get a lot of enjoyment out of this site ( more than any other in fact ) so expect a little something soon Bregt.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I will try to contibute too this year Bregt.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2009 edited
    Thanks Stavi and Timmer.

Those who donate, get a personal emoticon, that only they can use. So Martijn, you have to decide which one you want and send an image or idea to me.

For an example, see Stavroula and her goddess. wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Godess Stavi
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    So Martijn, you have to decide which one you want and send an image or idea to me.

devil
    This should be good.
    Let me think on this...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Maybe a stupid question from my part , but how and where can we contribute ?
    Is there a Paypal link somewhere ?
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  1. I'd like to contribute as well. How should we do so Bregt?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Eric wrote

Now that is actually quite a good idea to put on, Bregt.
    Then when funds dry up you can just subtly refer to that, and for the rest of the year depend on the kindness of strangers and passers-by on the site!
  2. Martijn wrote
    Eric wrote

Now that is actually quite a good idea to put on, Bregt.
    Then when funds dry up you can just subtly refer to that, and for the rest of the year depend on the kindness of strangers and passers-by on the site!

There's a PayPal "donate" button in the "about" page (link found at the bottom of the page.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. I'm torn between donating and putting the funds towards a new PC that means that this site loads and/or refreshes quickly (if at all).

Oh, to hell with it...

NP: "Back Seat Driver" - Tomorrow Never Dies - David Arnold
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Bregt, how much do you need right now? I am thinking of giving you a small donation smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  5. PawelStroinski wrote
    Bregt, how much do you need right now? I am thinking of giving you a small donation smile

I think that Bregt would prefer you to give as much as you want rather than have him name a sum.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    There's a PayPal "donate" button in the "about" page (link found at the bottom of the page.

THX for pointing me in the right direction my friend ... wink
  6. Eric wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

THX for pointing me in the right direction my friend ... wink

You're very welcome. wave

I shall be directing you to my own "donate" button in a moment... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Done!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009 edited
    Wow! What a participation! kiss

I got a lot of money from various members (Alan, BhelPuri, Demetris). punk
    We gathered a fantastic 91EUR!

Alan, you still seem to have problems with the site. Have you cleared the cache once? Or cookies?
    Kazoo
  7. Bregt wrote
    Alan, you still seem to have problems with the site. Have you cleared the cache once? Or cookies?

I use CCleaner regularly - I thought that this would clear out that sort of thing?
  8. I want a personal emoticon as well, so I transferred some money as well tongue
    Ps, I send it on your personal account number wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  9. There... done.

I've given my 2 cents. dizzy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  10. hehe, the brothers transfer at the same time punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Bregt wrote

I use CCleaner regularly - I thought that this would clear out that sort of thing?

Hmm. Should yes. But perhaps use the browser cache cleaner once? Do you have addons that you specifically use for maintitles?

I'm just trying out some ideas. Must be frustrating for you nonetheless.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Those who donated can choose a personal emoticon too. Send me your idea or image!
    Kazoo
  11. I'll bother you with this tonight on msn smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Alan, you still seem to have problems with the site.

I think Alan is the only (regular) visitor accessing the site through Safari, are you not, Alan?
    Maybe it's something browser-specific? (I gather there are quite a few compatibility issues still surrounding Safari).
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I try the site in Safari and Opera (which i think Alan uses) and both work smooth here. Opera is a very fast browser.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    shame
    It was just a thought.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    I've send mine as well ... wink