• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010
    INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE - JOHN WILLIAMS

Great score from Maestro. This is truly a masterpiece. punk
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Pope Joan (Barsotti)

Oh, this is pretty good. I wasn't quite in the mood until now!

And i just read you haven't heard I AM DINA yet wink Something tells me you'll like it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Sunil wrote
    CASPER - JAMES HORNER

This is one of my favorite score of James Horner. I enjoy each every track in this score album, especially tracks like March of the Exorcists, The Fond Memories, Casper's Lullaby i enjoy even more. Very excellent score by James Horner. Ah! this is right time to play this one, its wonderful morning here. punk

This was my favourite until yesterday when The Rocketeer kicked it from the top spot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote
    Steven wrote
    It was rendered invalid long before that. At birth I'd say.

Just shut up, Steven! you are just annoying. angry

Just replace Steven's name with Sunil's... ahhh, right on!

-Erik-

Oh! really? let me put this way, Just replace Steven's name with Erik Woods. This is quite better.

:GROAN: rolleyes

-Erik-

biggrin
    I have to admit this is FUN. Schoolyard fun, but fun anyway.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin

Second laugh of the day. Thanks Sunil!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : SIN CITY - Rodriguez - Debney - Revell

This is not staying on long. slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    In fact, off it goes and on goes a TRUE MASTERPIECE...

NP : THE 7th VOYAGE OF SINBAD - Bernard Herrmann

Magnificent! Fantasy scores don't come much better than this.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Timmer wrote
    NP : SIN CITY - Rodriguez - Debney - Revell

This is not staying on long. slant

For me, that was the same reaction I had with the film.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Signs - James Newton Howard

Fantastic. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010 edited
    NP: The Star Wars Trilogy - John Williams
    Varujan Kojian conducts The Utah Symphony Orchestra

My 3 and a half year old boy discovered Star Wars last week (actually, he watches it for R2-D2 but who cares... it's f__king Star Wars, man, and we watch it EVERY night! Ooteenee!) and this morning we are listening to this wonderful album. Liam can sing the main theme, mimic Vader's breathing (I LOVE HIM SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH) and dances around the house to the marches and action music. It's a pretty awesome time to be a dad.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ah, the Star Wars rite of passage. I remember my first time... (Well, I don't actually. But I'm sure it was awesome!)

Lionheart Jerry Goldsmith

So much MELODY!!! love

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I watched the Star Wars trilogy out of order. I saw Jedi in the theatre, Empire on Beta and Star Wars on TV.

dizzy

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    As long your son doesn't watch the prequels first. You wouldn't want to put him off the awesomeness of Star Wars!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    (I LOVE HIM SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH)

smile Mr.Moo or Mr.VadeR? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    EFFI BRIEST | johan söderqvist

One of his larger sounding scores (as he also mentions in the interview). One theme is defenitey inspired by his earlier Let The Right One In, but that's only a few times. Dark and melancholic music, sometimesfocusing on deep strings and a piano theme. The theme, with the strings chasing each other, from Effi runs to Crampas is wonderful, and enables the score to really open!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote

My 3 and a half year old boy discovered Star Wars last week (actually, he watches it for R2-D2 but who cares... it's f__king Star Wars, man, and we watch it EVERY night! Ooteenee!) and this morning we are listening to this wonderful album. Liam can sing the main theme, mimic Vader's breathing (I LOVE HIM SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH) and dances around the house to the marches and action music. It's a pretty awesome time to be a dad.

-Erik-

How lucky he is to have a dad with such great taste beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : AVATAR - James Horner

After seeing the film I just have to play this cool
  2. Bregt wrote

One of his larger sounding scores (as he also mentions in the interview). One theme is defenitey inspired by his earlier Let The Right One In, but that's only a few times. Dark and melancholic music, sometimesfocusing on deep strings and a piano theme. The theme, with the strings chasing each other, from Effi runs to Crampas is wonderful, and enables the score to really open!

Nice score, that one!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2010
    QB VII Jerry Goldsmith

Both of my parents came into my room at different points during the score to ask me what it was... and if I could put it on their iPods. biggrin

I'm always astounded by the talent Goldsmith had for melody. More so because I'll sit there at the keyboard trying to think of my own melodies... and nothing decent ever comes! It's infuriating!! With that in mind, I'd probably hate Goldsmith if I didn't love him so much. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I'm experiencing something similar to that but with my young nieces with Superman.
    The older one pulled out Superman: The Movie from the DVD collection a couple of months ago and loved the film (as did her younger sister). They loved the music! Well, it would be wrong of me to not educate them in the ways of film score appreciation so I made them a Superman compilation album. They can both sing and whistle every theme from that score and can identify the moments from the film they belong to.
    In recent weeks they saw Supergirl. After a brief resistance to the score because it "didn't sound the same as Superman" they finally embraced it and sing and whistle the Goldsmith themes too.
    I'm enjoying this moment in their lives before the status quo of their peer's music taste converts them to mainstream hip hop, pop, rap crap or whatever when they become teenagers. But who knows, maybe one of them will develop an interest in orchestral music? That would fire my rockets that's for sure!
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    NP: THE EDGE - Jerry Goldsmith

I like it. At least the main theme. But it makes me wonder if parts of this score was used as a temp track for "The Time Machine" (scored by Klaus Badelt)
  3. The 2CD boot of "Black Sunday" (Williams).

Tried it out a few years ago, didn't find it particularly grabbing. Trying again since FSM just released it. Let's see how I feel five or more years later.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. Ranietz wrote

I like it. At least the main theme. But it makes me wonder if parts of this score was used as a temp track for "The Time Machine" (scored by Klaus Badelt)

Reportedly yes, it did.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Ranietz wrote

Yes... The Edge was INDEED the temp track for The Time Machine.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    So it wasn't just my mind playing tricks on me. dizzy Well... I like both The Edge and The Time Machine so it's all cool. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2010 edited
    NP: Moby Dick - Christopher Gordon

I wish this guy was as active as some film composers today. Sure, I suppose last year was pretty active by his standards (Mao's Last Dancer is brilliant - I haven't heard Daybreakers yet) but I think this guy is amazing. I love the rousing, yet simple, theme in this score.

cool
  5. Erik Woods wrote
    ...Ooteenee!...

Thanks, Erik. Made me laugh out loud! punk

BTW, I was listening to your suites the other day and watched your son's early baseball efforts. Made me smile!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. NP: Four In The Morning - John Barry

My first listen to this score - and I've not seen the movie. But, I think that it's one of those '60s "kitchen sink dramas" that Britain did so well back then. The score's very much monothematic but Barry's dour scoring fits very well with this genre.

It may really only have the one theme, but it is quite mesmerising!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote

Absolutely love what Johan is doing with sound design in sentimental music, in general. This score's a clear winner for me, can't wait to hear more from him. He is distinguished by the eclectic sound and his musicianship, very much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    With that in mind, I'd probably hate Goldsmith if I didn't love him so much. dizzy [/blue]

You'd be just another Sunil, then.