• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    So who hasn't heard of AVATAR, James Cameron's new big sci-fi epic. Next to Transformers 2 the only film I will be seeing in the theatre this year. Well there can be others, but so far this is the creme of the crop.

Will be interesting to see if he will top his previous film... damn what was it again? confused

Haha!
    I've been following Avatar's rumors for months. I can't wait for the first trailer. I hope my mind gets blown all over the fricken wall!!! punk

But seriously, how dare you mention Avatar and Transformers 2 in the same post.

Crap, I just did.

wink
  1. Hey Omaha, what's wrong with Transformers 2, it may well be the most enjoyable flick coming out this year. Love the first one, still haven't moved the house after my home-cinema ate the movie for breakfast. punk

We should be expecting the trailer for AVATAR soon. Maybe before the screening of Transformers 2, would be sweet.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Hey Omaha, what's wrong with Transformers 2, it may well be the most enjoyable flick coming out this year. Love the first one, still haven't moved the house after my home-cinema ate the movie for breakfast. punk

We should be expecting the trailer for AVATAR soon. Maybe before the screening of Transformers 2, would be sweet.

The first one is impossible for me to sit through in one sitting.
    I find it long and boring in much of the first 3/4 of the film.

The dialogue in many scenes is stupid.
    For example:
    "She's got her own juvie record to prove it! She's a criminal! Criminals are HOT!"
    And the dialogue refering to lubricating on the humans. WTF??? What is this for? 13 year-olds? "Haha mommy, the robot is peeing on it." -Stupid Child
    The humor is rather childish in many scenes. The entire masturbating bit. rolleyes

The plot is completely retarded.
    The bad guys are coming! Let's take the cube thing to the middle of a busy city! That makes perfect sense! Correct me if they had a purpose for going to the city in the end. Please.
    Plus, all the government scenes were retarded.

I felt the music was the usual Media Venture hack.

The acting was god awful. Shia and Fox can't act at all, and when they try they over do it.

I know it is meant to be pure entertainment.
    I can't enjoy it for that.
    I don't like turning off my brain in order to enjoy a movie.
  2. omaha wrote

Oh I can do that without any hesitation.

Just click and brain goes into sleep mode.

And to confess something, I didn't think too highly either of Transformers first time around. But my brain was awake at that time... biggrin
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009
    By the way. The trailer for transformers 2 is very well made. The theme from the first film is quite effective in the trailer. Plus, the battle clips in the Forrest look cool. Also, the combination of the theme's notes and the clanking of metal is very effective. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    omaha wrote

Oh I can do that without any hesitation.

Just click and brain goes into sleep mode.

And to confess something, I didn't think too highly either of Transformers first time around. But my brain was awake at that time... biggrin

Haha!
    And that is awesome that you can do that.
    Maybe this means I'm just a cold-hearted, grumpy bastard. :shrug:
    There was little to interest me in the film.
    I was born in 1988, so I spent my time watching the animated series of Batman rather than transformers.
    I may just hate movies where the main characters are teens, and how they are portrayed. I've always found adults far more interesting and intriguing. That could be it. :another shrug:
    It may also be that I'm not a cgi fan at all. I prefer the old way where cgi was not prominent. Then again, cgi has made it possible to think about making films such as these.
  3. I've never watched the Transformers cartoon. The closest experience I had with Transformers was playing with the toys, you know the cars that could change into a robot in the most simplistic way possible. And CGI, like how it's used in these films is something I'm totally in awe of. But yeah old-school miniature props and practical effects are totally fooking brilliant, puppet Yoda takes a dump on CGI Yoda without question. And those space battles in Star Wars are legendary.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2009
    Martin Scorsese's Shutter Island
    The visuals look stunning

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/shutterisland/
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2009
    I did like that scene in Transformers [spoiler]during the Scorponok scene where the soldier tries to call for help but the Middle Eastern operator is less than helpful.[/spoiler] That was funny! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorTimon
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2009
    omaha wrote
    Martin Scorsese's Shutter Island
    The visuals look stunning

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/shutterisland/

Not what you normally would expect from Scorsese. Very surprising and impressive trailer. Does anyone know if Howard Shore will do the music? I couldn't find his name on the trailer.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2009
    Flame and Citron

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/flamecitron/
    This must get a US release

District 9 New Trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/district9/

Brothers

http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/brothers/
    At first Brothers appears to be a family romance, a film to speak out against the war and its effects on families or something. The ending, though. Promising.
  4. omaha wrote
    District 9 New Trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/district9/

the teaser of District 9 was awesome
    the trailer though predicts something much more action like

could be good, or bad
    but what an amazing moment when you see that ship shocked
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2009
    Just read an article in the paper reporting that Crowe is in talks for a Master and Commander sequel.
    *tear* that, is amazing news.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2009 edited
    Really? That´s amazing news, indeed.
  5. Is Peter Weir coming back?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2009 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Is Peter Weir coming back?

God I hope so

edited:
    the article didn't say

they already have the script
    it is based off book 11
  6. Me too smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009
    Five Minutes of Heaven
    The guy that did Downfall. What could possibly go wrong? cheesy

The Book of Eli
    Gary Oldman!

The Road

Pandorum

The Informant!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009
    How did this one slip under the radar? Slated for 2010: time to dust off an old classic and update it for a more modern era.

This one looks like it may turn out to be a quadcore HD version of an old Commodore 64 game.
    And apparently Jeff Bridges is back too. punk
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009
    ^

Jeff Bridges!
    Really looks like fun.

I've never seen the first. Is it any good?
    I have to admit, the Internet Tron guy kind of turned me away from it. :/
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009 edited
    The first one is excellent entertainment: state-of-the-art and one of Disney's most interesting projects in the eighties.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2009
    The first trailer for Peter Jackson's upcoming The Lovely Bones has been released online:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/thelovelybones/
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2009
    It's got my interest.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. Yeah, that one could be good. I just saw the trailer for Cirq du Freak: the Vampire's Assistant (or whatever it's called). It's too late to bother posting a link to it here. I'll just say I was pleasantly surprised by the trailer. It looks like it could be fun.
  8. LSH wrote
    The first trailer for Peter Jackson's upcoming The Lovely Bones has been released online:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/thelovelybones/

it looks quite good yes, and it stars Saoirse Ronan of City of Ember, she was so cute in that one shame

Still sad that Howard Shore isn't (or wasn't able) to score this one
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2009
    I'm not sure what this is about, but INCEPTION looks damn cool. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    I'm not sure what this is about, but INCEPTION looks damn cool. cool

Hmmmm?! I agree, it looks very intrigueing.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2010
    For a film set entirely in one room, this looks excellent. Check out the trailer for Exam.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010 edited
    One film I'm really looking forward to this year is Four Lions, a satire based on a group of four Islamic Jihadi terrorists in Britain, written and directed by the king of British satire, Chris Morris (The Day Today, Brass Eye) and co-written by Jesse Armstrong and Sam Bain (The Thick Of It, Peep Show). I have to say, it looks hilarious.

Here's a clip: http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/video/20 … s-sundance

smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010
    biggrin

And now I'm looking forward to it.