• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009 edited
    For the past few months I'm going through a stressful period due to a combonation of situations (you don't want to know rolleyes ) and I've being wondering what do you do to relax? I know each and every one of us has his/her ways and surely things that relax some don't apply to others, but I admit I'm a bit curious to learn! smile

Come on people share your secrets!

I'll start! Music, a hot mug of coffee and lite candles most of the times accompanied by reading a book. Other times exercise helps me or just walking.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009
    Listening to music, reading, gardening, taking a couple of strolls around the house and hanging out with family and a few friends are all my preferred methods of relaxing.
  1. I don't have a stressful life, in fact my life is very boring, but I take a book (preferably philosophy, yes, that boring) and read!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Good question because I haven't sat down and done any artwork for a long time and that's something that truly relaxes me ( accompanied by good music of course ), still, even gentle work like this can be frustrating if you're not getting the desired result.

And walking? I love walking as long as I'm in the countryside, the good thing about where I live is that it doesn't take long to get to areas of outstanding natural beauty.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Ah yes, painting. Somehow that habit of mine has decreased now, gotta start it again sometime!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I love sculpting too but it's been a long time since I've got my hands mucky with clay.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Countryside is the preferable setting for my walking too. You know there are wonderful paths at the roots of Taygetos! Wonderful experience walking there!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anywhere with hills, mountains, trees, rivers, wildlife..... love
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I have folders filled with coloured drawings I used to make when I was younger. But now I prefer sketching with pencil because somehow I feel the result is much deeper if done properly that way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Listen to music, have sex, take a nap, watch a movie, go for a walk, go for a drive, go to the local pub and have a beer.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Watching movies, first and foremost.

Also, since I got the chronic mouth disease about a year ago, I need to "occupy" the mouth and tongue with something so that I don't feel the pain, meaning that I have to eat or drink something. A certain amount of alcohol works as anaesthetic for the brain (and the "pain areas" of it) and consequently helps me to relax. I have to be careful not to overdo it, though.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    Listen to music, have sex, take a nap, watch a movie, go for a walk, go for a drive, go to the local pub and have a beer.

-Erik-

You're the only person who mentioned sex as a method. I've heard (nothing else though lol) it's a really great method, too!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

applause cool beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

You're the only person who mentioned sex as a method. I've heard (nothing else though lol) it's a really great method, too!

Yes, a great method indeed if you can indulge in it (I mean with the one you are with, not just sleeping around). But if you can't it can become a source of more stress. Being miles away is tough both emotionaly and physicaly and I talk from experience.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Taking long walks with my two dogs in the countryside or woods relaxes me best .
    Playing some of my favourite music can do the trick as well or having an intimate
    conversation with a friend so you can share the stress or problems with that person
    also helps . Or watching a good movie can get my mind of things as well ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You could always just have a wank. That usually does the trick.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Yeeessss..... Any other suggestions Steven dear?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Stavroula wrote
    Being miles away is tough both emotionaly and physicaly and I talk from experience.

I hear ya. My wife and I met when we were in high school... an exchange trip... she was from Newfoundland and I was visiting from Ontario... roughly 1,200 miles / 2,000 km away. We instantly fell in love but had to endure three and a half years of separation before we could see each other again. After that it was another five years before we would see each other again but this time she moved to Ontario and a year later we were married. And now a mortgage and two kids later... wow! Where has the time gone?

Anyway. long distance relationships are indeed very tough but they can work.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    dizzy biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Eric wrote
    Taking long walks with my two dogs in the countryside or woods relaxes me best .
    Playing some of my favourite music can do the trick as well or having an intimate
    conversation with a friend so you can share the stress or problems with that person
    also helps . Or watching a good movie can get my mind of things as well ...

Conversation with friends is in the list for me too. But most of the times I'm in the receiving end of them.
  3. Stavroula wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Yes, a great method indeed if you can indulge in it (I mean with the one you are with, not just sleeping around). But if you can't it can become a source of more stress. Being miles away is tough both emotionaly and physicaly and I talk from experience.

Well, I have none (and ironically that gets me the most stressed in the end lol )
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Stavroula wrote
    Conversation with friends is in the list for me too. But most of the times I'm in the receiving end of them.

I'm not close , but if you wanna chat I'm always there for you ...
    Being on the receiving end all the time isn't good ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Erik Woods wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    Being miles away is tough both emotionaly and physicaly and I talk from experience.

I hear ya. My wife and I met when we were in high school... an exchange trip... she was from Newfoundland and I was visiting from Ontario... roughly 1,200 miles / 2,000 km away. We instantly fell in love but had to endure three and a half years of separation before we could see each other again. After that it was another five years before we would see each other again but this time she moved to Ontario and a year later we were married. And now a mortgage and two kids later... wow! Where has the time gone?

Anyway. long distance relationships are indeed very tough but they can work.

-Erik-

Thank you Erik for sharing this! Since you overcame all these obstacle I can be optimistic too! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Eric wrote
    Stavroula wrote

I'm not close , but if you wanna chat I'm always there for you ...
    Being on the receiving end all the time isn't good ...

Thank you Eric! I appreciate it! smile kiss
  4. Stavi, if you have MSN and/or Facebook and/or Skype, and you wish to talk, PM me with the right data and you can talk to me too. I've heard I am pretty good at that smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Stavi, if you have MSN and/or Facebook and/or Skype, and you wish to talk, PM me with the right data and you can talk to me too. I've heard I am pretty good at that smile

Will do! smile kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I drink.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Martijn wrote
    I drink.

Shall I bring port or wine when I come to visit?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    After work, when I need a moment for myself it's music!! With a cup of coffee or tea.
    And then I read some news on the internet and some posts here and there. Or write some e-mails, that helps me sort out my thoughts as well.
    I really need that all to get back in shape mentally. Especially the music.

What else is relaxing? Spend time with other people, watch TV or a movie, read a book.
    Physical contact is very relaxing, whether it's sex or a massage or doing yoga. Perhaps that's even one of the most relaxing things, to feel a warm body. Can be lover, but also hugging a child or have a cat on your lap, whatever.

Sometimes I go to a library or book store and spend some time there and I feel totally relaxed.
    Having a glass of wine is relaxing too. Cleaning up can be relaxing because it can literaaly clear things up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

applause cool beer

Well, he's quite right, really. Esp. for sex, it's the best stress reliever there is, no comparison (yoga, massages are wayyy behind wink )

Stavi, i listen to relaxing music, i walk (long distances), take deep rhythmic metered breaths and i carry my stress ball with me, this does wonders!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.