• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    If this doesn't bring KOKO back, nothing ever will.

I suggest you PM him and confess your undying love.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Hey, weirdo's need love too.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2010 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
    Robert Duncan
    "Chosen"

"The Inner Light".

Yep, these are fantastic. That inner light video is in "My favorites" as well.

It's such a beautiful TNG episode and the music is just breathtakingly gorgeous.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2010 edited
    Hmmmmmm!? uhm

JOHN BARRY GOES JAPANESE ANIME

This is very close to JB's '007' theme in From Russia With Love.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. DreamTheater wrote
    Hey, weirdo's need love too.

Weird love. Weird, icky, strange YouTube'ed love.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010 edited
    Three peas in a pod...

JAKATTA - THE OTHER WORLD

GRANTBY - TIMBER

JOHN BARRY - 007 AND COUNTING

I like ALL of them.

The images with the Jakatta track are perfect for the piece.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2010 edited
    ^
    cool x 1000
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2010
    Good taste as always Lee cool beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Timmer wrote
    Hmmmmmm!? uhm

LOL! Funny, I never realized how Barry-esque that piece is! EVERY anime fan knows that piece of score. On account of Evangelion being one of the most respected anime titles of all time, and also that this particular piece plays repeatedly throughout the series.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    LSH wrote
    ^
    cool x 1000

:instant-cancer:
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Three peas in a pod...

JAKATTA - THE OTHER WORLD

GRANTBY - TIMBER

JOHN BARRY - 007 AND COUNTING

I like ALL of them.

The images with the Jakatta track are perfect for the piece.

Not really my cup of tea, as you know (nothing against chill, it's those repetitative, slow cluster thingies that grate on me like few other things). So I had to play a little bit of this to get things back to normal:

Juno Reactor - Conquistador Part 2

(probably my fav JR piece)
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    HeeroJF wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Hmmmmmm!? uhm

LOL! Funny, I never realized how Barry-esque that piece is! EVERY anime fan knows that piece of score. On account of Evangelion being one of the most respected anime titles of all time, and also that this particular piece plays repeatedly throughout the series.

Now that I didn't know? cool

I also see that Barry's '007' piece is in the sidebar for anyone who wants to compare.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2010 edited
    CONAN THE DESTROYER

And by CROM if it isn't very well done! shocked punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2010 edited
    I still love this melodic and dreamy instrumental by Electric Light Orchestra

THE WHALE

NOTE : it starts at the 22 second mark.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2010 edited
    This is another of my holy grail film scores I would love to see released ( perferably a re-record ), the music is by Humphrey Searle....

THE ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN

A very underappreciated film too.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2010
    Looking on IMDB I see that Searle also did the music for four episodes of Doctor Who in 1965 ( William Hartnell ), I wonder if it was orchestral?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2010 edited
    TARZAN

Great opening titles, in a Henry Mancini 'Hatari' vein, I haven't a clue who wrote it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    CONAN THE DESTROYER

Whaoh! This is really good!
    shocked

How did you happen on this?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    TARZAN

Great opening titles, in a Henry Mancini 'Hatari' vein, I haven't a clue who wrote it?

One Sydney Lee apparently, of no further notable repute in the film and TV world.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    CONAN THE DESTROYER

Whaoh! This is really good!
    shocked

How did you happen on this?

Someone posted it at FSM, it's not bad at all is it!? cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I've been on a nostalgia binge recently, and one of the more esoteric cassettes (yes, cassettes!) I had as a kid was a tape with two Herbert Grönemeyer albums on it - BOCHUM and SPRÜNGE. I got it as a Christmas gift from a German couple that my parents knew. At the time (mid 80's, I was 8-9 years old), we had visited them in Hamburg and always being the language geek, I apparently walked around and spoke the non-sensical phrase "Volkswagen Geschmack", which the couple found so cute that they decided to call the album that. So for many years, this was just "Volkswagen Geschmack" music to me that had nothing to do with Grönemeyer, the legendary German pop/rock singer.

Anyways, just a little personal story to go with this clip from BOCHUM, one of the songs I remember the most:

Herbert Grönemeyer - Alkohol - 1984
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    TARZAN

One Sydney Lee apparently, of no further notable repute in the film and TV world.

Never heard of him? Cracking opening tune though punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    The TARZAN tune is a bit too "noisy" for my taste, but I was a huge fan of the ol' Johnny Weissmüller films when I was a kid. I wonder if it has anything to do with those.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    The TARZAN tune is a bit too "noisy" for my taste, but I was a huge fan of the ol' Johnny Weissmüller films when I was a kid. I wonder if it has anything to do with those.

Nothing whatsoever except for the popularity of the character.

I loved the old Wessmuller Tarzan films, especially the silly ones with Dinosaurs ( just lizards ), elephant graveyards and Nazi's ( 'Tarzan hate Nazi' ), unfotunately we live in such a PC dominated society that these never get shown on TV any more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

Nothing whatsoever except for the popularity of the character.

I loved the old Wessmuller Tarzan films, especially the silly ones with Dinosaurs ( just lizards ), elephant graveyards and Nazi's ( 'Tarzan hate Nazi' ), unfotunately we live in such a PC dominated society that these never get shown on TV any more.

That's too bad.

I remember often being the only person in the room when they showed these old films in the cinema in my hometown back in the mid 80's. They just don't do that anymore, at least not in mainstream cinema complexes. God, it sounds like I'm 80 years old, but it says something about the enduring quality of those films (as "kid" films, at least) that they connect to a boy many, many decades after they were made. In a small town in Southern Norway. I don't remember any dinosaurs, but I remember many of the great underwater scenes, especially since Weissmüller was such an accomplished swimmer.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2010
    He won 5 Olympic golds....not a bad swimmer at all. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2010
    I make no excuses for putting this up, such a fantastic melody, a real feel good track...

ROUTE 101
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2010 edited
    Another feel good track. This one always makes me in a great mood. I love Secret Garden!

Peter love
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2010
    Ah, secret garden, such a gifted group of musicians, gorgeous music!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2010 edited
    Probably not new, but I just saw him on oprah. David Garrett is the fastest violinist in the world (record holder of 13 notes a second) and this is his version of He's A Pirate (Pirates of the Caribbean):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGuBYvURSZw

punk

There are some great pieces on his CD's as well (David Garrett, Rock Symphonies).