• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008 edited
    BobdH wrote
    Hehe, yep, I noticed the lack of written descriptions as well! A shame, actually, since while they were ridiculous, they did give some notion of how the score would be like.

How's that? None of the descriptions i've ever read gave any real, actual clue on the score, after i've heard the latter as well. Absolutely ridiculous and i am sure that most of the times, they didn't even bother to listen to the damn cd's first. Good thing they're gone, they diminished their integrity largely.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008 edited
    As You Like It: "a ravishingly beautiful and exotic work which also has moments of thrilling drama."
    United 93: "intensely dramatic"
    In the Valley of Elah: "a thoughtful, probing, emotionally impactful score"

I'd buy it tongue

I meant that you could often just get some keywords: "exotic", "ancient", "romantic", whatever, it gave you some indication of what to expect. Plus, when you got a promotional text on a CD, you should at least mention the music, right? What its like? Not just the movie! They shouldn't have deleted it all together, but rather changed it and stay more factional.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008
    Either they get serious about their descriptions or they leave them as it is, i.e. completely dropped. They're ridiculous. wink
  1. most of the time those decriptions were simply too generous and way too good for the actual score. It was like you were always buying the best damn thing on earth. I think with sound samples you can at least get some degree of what to expect
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2008
    FOOL'S GOLD
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5 … SS500_.jpg

CD COVER:

# Audio CD (March 11, 2008)
    # Original Release Date: March 11, 2008
    # Number of Discs: 1
    # Format: Soundtrack
    # Label: Varese Sarabande
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2008
    Old news... I already posted the Varese-link a few weeks ago confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2008
    I listened to one of the cues from Fool's Gold (Treasure, Kidnap and Sea Plane) last night at SST. It sounded more like one of the Media Ventures folks than Fenton. sadsad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Really?!?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Really?!?

I'm surprised by this comment too? Fenton has his own rather distinct style.

I'd like to hear other opinions.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. BhelPuri wrote
    I listened to one of the cues from Fool's Gold (Treasure, Kidnap and Sea Plane) last night at SST. It sounded more like one of the Media Ventures folks than Fenton. sadsad

From what I heard of the small clips at Varese I thought it didn't sound not MV at all, more a bit of Doyle and Powell
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    I guess it's very easy to compare this to Media Ventures right away. Sure, it bears some resemblance, and it's got more beats 'n all then we're used from the guy, but overall it's enough Fentoney, with plenty of stuff you'll never hear from MV, to put this on the pile of cr... MV.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    I noticed the availbility of a Planet Earth two disc. I assume this is just music from the series... I just really want the music from the film Earth.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Earth is not available, Planet Earth really is the closest thing. Brilliant score, that one, though the style and feel of Earth is quite different.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    There's no overlapping music from the series to film?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2008 edited
    There is quite a bit of fragments taken from the series and re-used in the film, actually (Seasonal Change; The Great Journey; The Choice Is Ours, among others). But it's from a different performance by another orchestra and it has a more atmospheric feel to it. I also felt there were quite some crucial moments from Earth missing on the 2-disc Planet Earth, like the stunning slowmo jaguar (?) attack set to the haunting vocal. Still, if it's the quality of the writing and the diversity in ethnic influences you're looking for, buy Planet Earth.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2008
    What do you think the chances are that Earth will be released?
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    I think they think a 2disc is more than plenty for now. I don't see them releasing very soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Earth isn't much different from Planet Earth anyway, it's a bit slower and like Bod said, atmospheric, but basically, you don't miss a thing when you have Planet Earth.
    Kazoo
  3. Bregt wrote
    Earth isn't much different from Planet Earth anyway, it's a bit slower and like Bod said, atmospheric, but basically, you don't miss a thing when you have Planet Earth.

Bod!?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bod_(series)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Bregt wrote

Bod!?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bod_(series)

Yeah, Bod, the eponymous character. biggrin biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Oh, that's all right. He can call me Bod if he wants to. I don't mind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Way to go, Bod. (May I also call you Bod?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Sure, Northy, if that makes you happy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2008
    Interview with tze man abou his documentary score Deep Blue live performance
    http://www.musicfromthemovies.com/sotw.asp?ID=113
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2008
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2008 edited
    Has his score to Gandhi, composed with Ravi Shankar received any CD release? I only have a LP rip which is rather poor quality with some hiss... I really like this one a lot!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2008 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    Has his score to Gandhi, composed with Ravi Shankar received any CD release? I only have a LP rip which is rather poor quality with some hiss... I really like this one a lot!

No idea? I have the LP too and it's a good score.

p.s. I love Sitar cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2008
    Was there ever a release of Earth? I'm thinking there wasn't ,but I'm still asking just in case.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2008 edited
    Panthera wrote
    Was there ever a release of Earth? I'm thinking there wasn't ,but I'm still asking just in case.

aka PLANET EARTH. Yes there is a release.

But maybe your thinking of the theatrical release ( just titled EARTH ) with Patrick Stewart as narrator?
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2008
    Yes I was. I already have Planet Earth.