• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I didn't have it on CD or as a download. I listened to the clips and moved on.

wise choice smile

Can't really judge scores via soundclips.

I disagree. And the music industry seems to agree with me or they would not use them.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2011
    The Black Tulip - Christopher Young

This is really impressive. Beautiful integration of Afghan ethnic instruments and voices with an orchestra.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    AARON ZIGMAN - for colored girls

Surprisingly melodic violin soli lead this melancholic and dramatic score. Notable.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DAVID HIRSCHFELDER - Legend of The Guardian

Pretty fun and adventurous orchestral score but i doubt how much of this i'll remember each time the cd stops playing.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    DAVID HIRSCHFELDER - Legend of The Guardian

Pretty fun and adventurous orchestral score but i doubt how much of this i'll remember each time the cd stops playing.

The choral parts and the main theme it's what I most remember of the score. Especially in Flight Home, The Boy Was Right, My Soldiers, My Sons and More Baggy Wrinkles.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : FAREWELL TO THE KING - Basil Poledouris

One of Basil's best, a gorgeous score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Southall wrote
    The Black Tulip - Christopher Young

This is really impressive. Beautiful integration of Afghan ethnic instruments and voices with an orchestra.

I'm intrigued...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2011 edited
    So a late marvelous entry like with CREATION last year?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Listening to it right now, definitely an interesting case here.
  3. Is The Black Tulip going to be for general consumption at some point?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER - John Barry

The expanded edition shows just what an excellent Bond score this is, brilliant stuff! punk cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. NP: Defense Preparations - Saving Private Ryan (John Williams)

Very cool. It has a calm-before-the-storm sense which I like.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    John Chambers wrote
    Tron: Legacy

I just can't get enough of this, I can't count how many times I've played it this week. To me this is the greatest mix of electronics and orchestra ever concocted. The synth stuff is great, the orchestra even better and the join between them seamless!

NP : TRON : LEGACY - Daft Punk

What John said! beer punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Is The Black Tulip going to be for general consumption at some point?

I hope so. It's completely different from any other Young score (I would never have guessed it was by him) and will never be to everyone's taste, but I think it's really very beautiful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    AARON ZIGMAN - for colored girls

Surprisingly melodic violin soli lead this melancholic and dramatic score. Notable.

I like the violin bits (schmaltzy though they become at times) but find the jazz and occasional synth-action parts rather objectionable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    NP: Waterworld - James Newton Howard

Generic but fun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Southall wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Is The Black Tulip going to be for general consumption at some point?

I hope so. It's completely different from any other Young score (I would never have guessed it was by him) and will never be to everyone's taste, but I think it's really very beautiful.

Want.

NP: ROAD TO PERDITION - Thomas Newman

Sublime. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    NP: The Four Feathers - James Horner

Some fantastic action material and one of my favourite Horner finales. Unfortunately it's an obnoxiously long album and the abrasive ethnic vocals make it a little impenetrable.
  5. Are the ethnic vocals you mention mixed in with the highlight tracks?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : VERTICAL LIMIT - James Newton Howard

Haven't listened to this for some time, well cool! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Are the ethnic vocals you mention mixed in with the highlight tracks?

Yes, to an extent. Like many things they're best enjoyed in moderation!
  6. DAYS OF THUNDER - HANS ZIMMER

Fun. Rock. Simplistic yet catchy tunes. Nothing more is needed for me to enjoy this.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  7. Timmer wrote
    NP : VERTICAL LIMIT - James Newton Howard

Haven't listened to this for some time, well cool! cool

One of my favorites from JNH. The main theme is awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2011
    Jim Ware wrote

Some fantastic action material and one of my favourite Horner finales. Unfortunately it's an obnoxiously long album and the abrasive ethnic vocals make it a little impenetrable.

I agree with this. I love some of Horner's uber-long albums but this one is a real struggle.
  8. Southall wrote
    Jim Ware wrote

I agree with this. I love some of Horner's uber-long albums but this one is a real struggle.

I really only enjoy the final track.
  9. Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Southall wrote
    Jim Ware wrote

Not The Mahdi? My favourite cue and one where Horner pulls out all of the stops. punk

For an uber-long album this one goes by very fast actually. But that's because I love The Four Feathers.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    NP: Flesh + Blood - Basil Poledouris

The new Intrada release. Sound quality is brilliant and a monumental improvement on the Prometheus release.
  10. THE PATRIOT - JOHN WILLIAMS

Great themes, big drums, nice fanfares, beautiful interludes, all are present. Williams in top form, a clear nod to his Star Wars era.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2011 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Southall wrote
    Jim Ware wrote

Not The Mahdi? My favourite cue and one where Horner pulls out all of the stops. punk

I agree. 'The Mahdi' is a great cue. One of those Horner cues; one that I could listen again and again. Same goes for the last three cues of the album, 'Ethne's Feather' - 'Ghost Of Serenity' - 'A Coward No Longer'.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Resident Evil 5 - Kota Suzuki , Wataru Hokoyama

Since I'm playing this awesome game at the moment I was on the hunt for the score as well .
    This game soundtrack comprises of 3 CD's and has 86 tracks . I'm listening to the first one at the moment .
    Lots of athmospheric , eerie stuff combined with action cues and some ethnic sounds as well .
    Some of my favourite tracks of this first CD are Majini II , An Emergency (this tracks has some Horner 'Aliens' influences) , Executioner , The Crisis / Reinforcements , Burning With Anger . Gonna listen to the other 2 CD's later on . Maybe 86 tracks is a bit much but I'm shure you can pick your own favourites and make your own playlist ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"