• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2010 edited
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2010/09/15/o … riedhofer/

Hard to believe he didn't have a thread but I couldn't find one. If you've purchased the new release listen to the alternate main title and then tell me it isn't Moross.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2010
    Are you saying it's the curse of the temp track Tom, or that Moross ghost wrote the alternate theme?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    p.s. Turn the title into CAPITALS wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It is a recording of Moross' The Jayhawkers. Bruce explained it all at FSM. You have to sift through a lot of shit and fanboy rants but the explanation is in THIS THREAD... SOMEWHERE.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Far too much to sift through, I trust your word Erik.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Bruce actually doesn't know for sure what happened...

They may have contemplated using it - who knows? Too long ago. I haven't seen the other film since it came out. It does sound like it was recorded at the same session, though. And yes, it's instantly apparent it's Moross, but the thinking was that someone wanted a Big Country-ish main title - certainly that's been known to happen. But maybe they did track the film with the Moross and then asked for it to be recorded again at the session. Anything's possible, I suppose. But the slate is consistent with this recording session.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Way way too much stuff to through. He explained to me that it was all down in black and white also but I gave up after a few minutes. It goes along with the debacle of the movie. I can't imagine a 5 hour one-eyed jacks but that is what Brando shot. Anyway it is a nice score from Hugo much better than the movie.
    thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Anyway a lot of my classical following found the whole thing quite interesting. Apparently Bruce doesn't realize that other people read my reviews.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2010 edited
    http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts … ;archive=0

He touched a nerve so that is my reply. I'm really just feeling more and more like I should just concentrate and spend my time with the Naxos material

Thomas sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2010
    stay tuned for further developments. this whole scenario is going to get interesting.
    thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2010 edited
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2010/09/15/o … riedhofer/
    http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts … ;archive=0

to anyone who is interested in this I would sure like to hear from you if you think I'm right about this.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2010
    I wrote something on the FSM board. You might not like what I had to say.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2010
    So now MT is some kind of advance warning system? ;-)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2010 edited
    I'm not that familiar with Friedhofer, but I think his BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES is a brilliant score. I often use the airplane graveyard scene in my lectures as an example of how music can say EVERYTHING about a character's psychological state. Not too sure how it holds up as a listening experience, though (I have no Friedhofer in my collection), but he's very interesting from a purely contextual viewpoint.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2010
    Agree with you Thor. There is some similar good material to be found in Above and Beyond. His score for Broken Arrow kind of broke the mold for the tomtom indian motif.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Erik Woods wrote
    I wrote something on the FSM board. You might not like what I had to say.

-Erik-

Your right I didn't like it but I responded on the same thread on FSM. Read it carefully.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I did read it carefully. Sorry you didn't like what I had to say but I was in no way off base.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    your guilty of not emailing me or talking on facebook privately. you don't know the whole story.
    thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I apologized on FSM to Bruce for my part in the mess. I would have never said anything in the first place if I had known the results. Time to move on. If I offended you Erik I apologize. I've learned a valuable lesson and will learn from my mistakes.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    What I was commenting on the ridiculousness of that thread. I made those comments for you and everyone to see.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    link?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    link?

Look up.... waaaaaaaaay up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    hopefully this is all finished
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    link?

Look up.... waaaaaaaaay up.

thanks
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2011
    I like the sound of the new release from Kritzerland: Friedhofer's The Adventures of Casanova.

http://www.kritzerland.com/casanova.htm

He's one of my favourite Golden Age composers.
  1. I haven't listened to the clips yet but was I reading there is an "archival" sound to this release and Bruce is specifically suggesting to listen to the clips?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2011
    I'm still interested
  2. sdtom wrote
    I'm still interested

Inferior sound quality compared with today's high fidelity shouldn't be a barrier to the music.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2011
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2011/08/31/a … riedhofer/

Any Friedhofer is worth having
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2012
    Both "The Barbarian and the Geisha" and "Violent Saturday" composed by Hugo Friedhofer have been previously released and sold out on the Intrada label. Working on my review of the new release from Kritzerland. If you like Hugo Friedhofer these are two excellent examples of what he is capable of doing.
    Tom smile