• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2011
    Erik Woods wrote
    The original First Knight album got a lot of plays for sure and at the time I had no idea that Lancelot's Theme was missing. But when I heard that boot years ago I was flabbergasted that Goldsmith didn't want to share that brilliant theme with us.

Anyway, I'm so very happy that this complete presentation is playing so very well. Kudos to La La Land for yet another fine release.

-Erik-

Lancelot's fanfarre is my favourite by Goldsmith. It's so much energic... If only he composed such a great thing for The Mummy.

I find 2 things from this score annoying: Arthur's fanfarre and the "carmina burana" action cue at the end. the rest is simply GORGEOUS
    the love theme and the fanfarre are gorgeous. it is my favourite adventure score by Jerry. and that's saying a lot!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2011 edited
    The "carmina Burana" cue is the best on the album, an awesome AWESOME piece from JG. punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Nautilus wrote
    Lancelot's fanfarre is my favourite by Goldsmith. It's so much energic... If only he composed such a great thing for The Mummy.

I don't think The Mummy is any less energetic than First Knight, about half of the cues of The Mummy still showed Jerry at the absolute top of his game. They're both great in my book.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote
    I don't think The Mummy is any less energetic than First Knight, about half of the cues of The Mummy still showed Jerry at the absolute top of his game. They're both great in my book.

yeah
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Southall wrote
    Jane Eyre - Dario M

I'm making every effort to see in this what others do but I have to say it's becoming a bit of a chore.

a bore for me
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

yeah

The heroic theme from the mummy is uninspired and boring. I want more of the love theme!
  3. Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

yeah

The heroic theme from the mummy is uninspired and boring. I want more of the love theme!

perhaps for you, for me it's 50.000 times better than the so called heroic themes we're getting nowadays
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

yeah

perhaps for you, for me it's 50.000 times better than the so called heroic themes we're getting nowadays

yeah
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

yeah

I didn't compare the mummy heroic theme with the actuals. Just in Goldsmith career.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Battle: LA - Brian Tyler

Exceptionally irritating, not least because there's plenty of material here which could have made a fabulous half-hour album. This album is repetitive, badly-mastered, ultimately grating, frustrating, actually rather dire.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

yeah

I'm not a fan of the hero theme either but there is plenty of that love theme in the score to bring you to a full climax. Stop your... wait... some one got in trouble last time we used that word. wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote

Exceptionally irritating, not least because there's plenty of material here which could have made a fabulous half-hour album. This album is repetitive, badly-mastered, ultimately grating, frustrating, actually rather dire.

beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote

beer

Yeap.
  4. Southall wrote

like half of Brian Tyler's scores on album. Why o why do we need 70 to 80 minutes of this everytime? Cut it to a good 30 40 minutes and you've got good CD's
  5. Nautilus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

yeah

I didn't compare the mummy heroic theme with the actuals. Just in Goldsmith career.

I know, but still, this is perhaps not top notch Jerry, but still damn fine Jerry
  6. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote

like half of Brian Tyler's scores on album. Why o why do we need 70 to 80 minutes of this everytime? Cut it to a good 30 40 minutes and you've got good CD's

The main reason I'm not buying any Tyler albums. Besides I'm not too in love with his general writing style.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  7. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

yeah

I know, but still, this is perhaps not top notch Jerry, but still damn fine Jerry

It is top notch Jerry, the last real piece of awesomeness he has written.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote

The main reason I'm not buying any Tyler albums. Besides I'm not too in love with his general writing style.

I'm always amazed people saying they want less music! if you want more music it's a problem, but it's not if you have 80 minutes! you always can arrange it!
  8. In the case of Tyler I always want as little as possible. He's just not a composer than can set me alight, he never has in fact. All his music tends to sound the same these days and I gave up listening to his scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DreamTheater wrote
    In the case of Tyler I always want as little as possible. He's just not a composer than can set me alight, he never has in fact. All his music tends to sound the same these days and I gave up listening to his scores.

I know. Me neither. But at least you can choose the music from all the stuff he realease.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nautilus wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote

I'm always amazed people saying they want less music! if you want more music it's a problem, but it's not if you have 80 minutes! you always can arrange it!

Likewise, I could slaughter my own chickens for dinner, but I choose to have a butcher do it for me. I could have a dog and bark myself, but don't see the point. I could make my own properly-produced album based on the music sold to me, but that's what the fucking album producer is for. Why doesn't he do his job? If you expect us to produce your albums for you, then you pay us.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote

Likewise, I could slaughter my own chickens for dinner, but I choose to have a butcher do it for me. I could have a dog and bark myself, but don't see the point. I could make my own properly-produced album based on the music sold to me, but that's what the fucking album producer is for. Why doesn't he do his job? If you expect us to produce your albums for you, then you pay us.

Forget the producer's job. You pay for the music, right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I pay for an album! If they can't be bothered to produce one then they should charge less for it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Likewise, I could slaughter my own chickens for dinner, but I choose to have a butcher do it for me.

This one doesn't work in your case because while I too like to have my chickens slaughtered for me there are plenty of people in the word that LIKE to do it themselves.

-Erik-
  9. Southall wrote
    I pay for an album! If they can't be bothered to produce one then they should charge less for it.

it's the same with a film, if you need to fast forward through several scenes just because you're not interested in them, then there's something wrong. That's why it would be better to have the chance to hear the album version and the full version, like for instance Intrada is doing.

Or a 40 / 50 minute version of the score, and a download possibility of the full score for those who buy the original album (of course notwithstanding the persons why upload it for the rest)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Oh for Christ Sakes... not this again. Are we SERIOUSLY going to have the C&C argument AGAIN?!

BOR-FUCKING-... umm... ing?! Wait, that doesn't work? Zzzzzzzzzzzz.... nah. Oh, I know...

suicide

-Erik-
  10. Erik Woods wrote
    Oh for Christ Sakes... not this again. Are we SERIOUSLY going to have the C&C argument AGAIN?!

BOR-FUCKING-... umm... ing?! Wait, that doesn't work? Zzzzzzzzzzzz.... nah. Oh, I know...

suicide

-Erik-

why else are we here? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Read the title of the thread. Now Playing.

-Erik-
  11. Erik Woods wrote
    Read the title of the thread. Now Playing.

-Erik-

I'm playing something, it's not C&C
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote

suicide

-Erik-

biggrin

Personally it doesn't really bother me, I do find the C&C conversations boring ( mostly ) but we can always choose to by-pass them wink