• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2011
    punk
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Erik Woods wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Bregt is helping me with a new page.
    Thomas smile

Get'r done!

-Erik-

I will do it Tom. I'm just not good in planning. Next week I have an exam, and will try to make that Gerhardt page afterwards. Get the reviews ready! wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Ok
    listen to more classical music!
  1. I take it back when I said FSM was the place for old 'only orchestral/modern film music is crap' dinosaurs, JWFan is really the place for that.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2011
    KevinSmith wrote
    I take it back when I said FSM was the place for old 'only orchestral/modern film music is crap' dinosaurs, JWFan is really the place for that.

Yes, definitely. FSM is that too, but has a bigger membership and consequently also has a certain number who isn't as reactionary.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    I take it back when I said FSM was the place for old 'only orchestral/modern film music is crap' dinosaurs, JWFan is really the place for that.

Yes, definitely. FSM is that too, but has a bigger membership and consequently also has a certain number who isn't as reactionary.

What I don't understand is that you keep debating even if it's the same age old debate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2011 edited
    KevinSmith wrote
    Thor wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

What I don't understand is that you keep debating even if it's the same age old debate.

Because it's my opinion, and I don't like to be silenced by a majority just because it's an unpopular opinion.

However, I'm THIS close to being banned there (and I just got an angry mail from Lukas that told me so), so I have to watch my step a bit closely.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Thor wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Thor wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

Because it's my opinion, and I don't like to be silenced by a majority just because it's an unpopular opinion.

However, I'm THIS close to being banned there (and I just got an angry mail from Lukas that told me so), so I have to watch my step a bit closely.

Why should this time matter compared to every time you made that debate, because of a more sensitive mod?
  4. Kendall himself is a mod? I thought it was a guy called SheriffJoe?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    KevinSmith wrote
    Why should this time matter compared to every time you made that debate, because of a more sensitive mod?

No, because they're sick of seeing my opinion expressed ever so often. I'm guessing it's particularly uncomfortable on an industry-friendly board such as FSM, where the only legitimate response to an announcement is:

"WOW! Holy Crap! This is SOOOO ordered! FSM, you RULE!"
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Kendall himself is a mod? I thought it was a guy called SheriffJoe?

Lukas is a mod too, yes, but David Sones is the moderator. Sheriff Joe has retired.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I wonder what I should do once I get banned (and it's a matter of time).

This board isn't active enough, unfortunately, to keep my film music discussion fix.

Any other recommended boards out there that are reasonably active?
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Thor wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

No, because they're sick of seeing my opinion expressed ever so often. I'm guessing it's particularly uncomfortable on an industry-friendly board such as FSM, where the only legitimate response to an announcement is:

But why now , compared to the all the other times?

Thor wrote

This board isn't active enough, unfortunately, to keep my film music discussion fix.

This is it really. Unless you want to go promote MainTitles before you get banned.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    KevinSmith wrote
    Thor wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

But why now , compared to the all the other times?

I don't know.

Accumulated irritation, I guess.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2011 edited
    Thor wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Thor wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

Hmmm? I just don't get that! Maybe I've always been too easy going water off a ducks back kind of guy.

I wonder if a certain person nearly got banned for wishing you were dead, calling you a rapist and more recently a 'son of a bitch' ( said in the American way 'sonavabitch' ).

I'd have thought I had more reason to have a beef with you than many there, not least your stance on John Barry wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    I wonder if a certain person nearly got banned for wishing you were dead, calling you a rapist and more recently a 'son of a bitch' ( said in the American way 'sonavabitch' ).

I doubt it, since namecalling is apparently 'carte blanche' when I'm on the receiving end. To ban the person expressing an opinion (no matter how often and how unpopular) and ignore the people who viciously attack said person having that opinion, smacks like double standard where I'm from. But what can you do? It's his board, and if I want to stick around, I have to bite the dust (or however the expression goes).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2011
    There does seem a double standard. When that particular individual wished you were dead he even followed it up by saying "seriously, I mean it", if I were administrater he'd have got a serious and final warning right there and then, it's still the most disgusting thing I've ever seen written on a film music messageboard, it was totally unexceptable.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    There does seem a double standard. When that particular individual wished you were dead he even followed it up by saying "seriously, I mean it", if I were administrater he'd have got a serious and final warning right there and then, it's still the most disgusting thing I've ever seen written on a film music messageboard, it was totally unexceptable.

Wow. Who said that?

It's usually funny when film music geeks behave like these discussions are a matter of life and death, but that example seems a bit too extreme to be funny.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    There's no ( intentional ) humour in his posts concerning Thor. The individual ( I won't name him ) has made it clear he hates Thor for quite some time now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2011
    Thor wrote

You know there was an opportunity at one time called Golden Scores.
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2021
    Here's my rundown now, 10 years later:

Maintitles -- still the best film music messageboard on the internet in terms of atmosphere, but it's near death (sorry, Bregt, but it is). Just a handful of people keep it going. The Zoom meetings have helped somewhat, but there are some regulars that just won't return. Presumably, they have moved on in life, for whatever reason.

FSM -- active as ever, but the interesting topics are few and far between.

Intrada -- I go there only to post updates about things I write for Celluloid Tunes, but it seems to be pretty slow.

Filmtracks -- Again, I go there mostly for Celluloid Tunes, but I can't really make heads and tails of the interface. I try to edit it to accomodate a modern messageboard layout, but it doesn't seem to work. New posts don't make the thread rush back on top. It's too dark.

Music for a Darkened People -- I'm impressed it still exists, because Ryan has moved on his life. It's too dark, and it's not very active, but all pertinent news are on the messageboard. The site, less so. The latest news bit is about Elfman co-scoring JUSTICE LEAGUE!

JWFAN -- very active forum, but it's 90% banter. Also lots about expanded releases, STAR WARS and other mainstream stuff. You'll have to dig deep and hard to find interesting topics. The people there are great (I've met many of them IRL), but I could never get into the predominantly jokey atmosphere. Maybe because I don't own a sense of humour.

Those are the ones I go to regularly.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. It's interesting that you reiterate again and again the this messageboard is "near death". You must have in your mind what an active messageboard looks like. And this here isn't it.

What are your characteristics that define an active and ideal messageboard?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2021
    I'm just telling it like it is.

An active board is Maintitles anno the 2000s/2010s crossover period. At least 10 threads with new posts every day.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. I am not disagreeing with you. But it is what it is. It is clear that, today, there's not the same level of intensity as there was then.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn