• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I just know this movies is going to be as good as the first. the lines in this one are as cool as in the first, like in the trailer already so many good lines are heard. I just gonna love this one, I can feel it wink

Let's put a smile on that face!!!!!!! Awesome biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2007
    I utterly disliked Nicholson's Joker, who was far more Nicholson than Joker (which, in a sense, was a blessing, as the film proper, aside from set design and music, was really quite poor). It didn't help my fanboy's appraisal that they fucked up the coninuity, as every Batfan knows it wasn't the Joker who killed Bruce Wayne's parents, but fair enough. These things get rewritten. No problem.
    But Nicholson's take on the Joker was just too broad. Like a very uneasy amalgam between the old campy joker from the sixties and a homocidal maniac.
    It just didn't ring true.
    Or scary.
    And the Joker is VERY scary.

Burton made up for these camp throwback shortcomings in Batman Returns, I think, with both a seriously disturbed Catwoman and an utterly psycho (and pathetic) Penguin. Excellent film, still.

Anyway, looking MUCH forward to Ledger's interpretation of Bat's archfiend in The Dark Knight.
    : batpunk:
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. For me, Batman was always a very down-to-earth, serious, detective story and never that bullshit tv-series. I hated Burton´s movies, laughed at the rest, and had absolutely no hopes for the reboot. Man, I was so happy with Batman begins, you can´t imagine. Anf this new Joker is exactly what he should be: A very, very dangerous, mad person who needs help. Or a bullet between his eyes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2007 edited
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    that bullshit tv-series

Awwww...sad

The old sixties TV series was completely in line with the turn the comics were taking at the time, and was completely unapologetic about it. Many fans turned away from it, but just as many (if not more) were drawn in by the campy hijinks. It was just the spirit of the times!
    After its third season though, things had taken a turn for the grittier, and the comics seceded from the TV series in style to create the tru Golden Age of Batman, where he was reinvented to become the Caped Crusader once more, operating from the shadows and in the limelight of the law, a far cry from the pie-in-face Martians-combatting buffoon from the late fifties/early sixties, and a template for the psycho vigilante Dark Knight of the eighties.

But the wonderful TV series from the sixties certainly had its worth and its charm.
    Batman: [to Mr. Freeze] "Naturally you didn't know I was wearing my special Super B long thermal underwear!"
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Exactly. I don´t want a Batman series to be charming. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Not now, but then, certainly.
    Sign o' the times, innit?
  4. Probably.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The 60's Batman TV show is so bad it's good - in a really shit way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nooooo, you don't get it: it was made to look and feel that way.
    That was the joke! It was a completely self conscious bit of satire!

I still love that series. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    C'me on! Do the Batusi!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Nooooo, you don't get it: it was made to look and feel that way.
    That was the joke! It was a completely self conscious bit of satire!

I still love that series. biggrin

Indeed! I absolutely loved it as a kid ( and took it VERY seriously ), re-living this high camp as an adult is a pure joy and man but there was so many laugh out loud moments biggrin

There's just no need to compare it to the later films and cartoons.

Oh, and I agree with you on Nicholson's Joker Martijn despite Nicholson being one of my all time favourite actors.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. I saw a photo of Ledger's The Joker in a recent issue of Empire magazine and I immediately thought of Michael Keaton's Beetle Juice.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2008
    THE DARK KNIGHT trailer

vs

The original BATMAN trailer.

http://www.filmdrunk.com/post.phtml?pk=1633

What do you think?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    That's not the original trailer for Batman.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lp wrote
    That's not the original trailer for Batman.

Very true. shame But a pretty good editing job nonetheless.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2008
    the new DARK KNIGHT trailer

http://www.whysoserious.com/happytrails/trailer.htm
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  6. Christodoulides wrote
    the new DARK KNIGHT trailer

http://www.whysoserious.com/happytrails/trailer.htm

I found the first one much better. Better use of the music and better use of build up
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2008
    Can't wait.
    ... but I want Indy more. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2008
    ** NEW ** The Dark Knight (2008) - Theatrical Trailer 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8PPh-C9pRU

--------

Top stuff.
  7. So who wants to tell me the old score doesn´t work brilliantly with this trailer...?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2008
    Sadly, a lot will be willing to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2008 edited
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    So who wants to tell me the old score doesn´t work brilliantly with this trailer...?

It does work, I completely agree. But then so do 99.9% of all scores... and a score that 'works' doesn't always mean a 'good' score IMO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2008
    Anyone interested in a review?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    woah....!
  8. Sounds... woah....! wink Combined with a review on AICN I read yesterday, this certainly looks above promising... beside the fact that I have total faith in the score. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    So who wants to tell me the old score doesn´t work brilliantly with this trailer...?

Sure... because it sounds like all the other generic trailer music out there.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

Sure... because it sounds like all the other generic trailer music out there.

-Erik-

biggrin

Doesn't have to be a masterpiece to fit a modern trailer. Bang on a drum a couple of times and it would still probably sound good with any number of the generic action trailers we see these days.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    Award-winning composers Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard have teamed up once again to score the highly anticipated sequel, The Dark Knight. They last collaborated on 2005's Batman Begins, and this time, things are much darker. SoundtrackNet talks with these two powerhouse composers about their approach to writing music for what will be one of the biggest films of the year.

http://www.soundtrack.net/features/article/?id=256

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2008 edited
    100% on rottentomatoes? Man, seems like NOLAN really knows his stuff - unlike what some people might believe wink

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight/

I am deeply enthusiastic about the movie, want to watch it asap.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    seems like NOLAN really knows his stuff - unlike what some people might believe wink

Who ever said he didn't? (And before you say me, then also note that I said he knows a lot about cinema. I think he's one of the most talented directors I've ever known about. He just lacks one vital part of cinematic know how IMO. Music.)