• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2008
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7609739.stm

Yes, go and beat Titanic! I hope it does as Titanic was release like 3 times... rolleyes punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Im not very surprised, so I guessed that since the movie had good reviews and it's a phenomen in the box office.

I don't think Titanic Record will be beated but it will be very close.

( i don't know how a so dark movie has been arrived to earn so much money)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Warner Brothers figured it out exactly.
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    sdtom wrote
    Warner Brothers figured it out exactly.
    Thomas smile

I hope this doesn't mean we'll have to wait double the time for the DVD. As much as I want to see the movie again, I don't plan on seeing it in the cinema for a second time. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2008 edited
    Remember the scene where Joker blew the hospital up?

Well, here's its making of!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=437_1188417848
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. The nurse scene? Amazing biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2008
    Ha. That's one damn good explosion. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2009
    I recently saw The Dark Knight for the first time, and after months of wondering what all the hype was about, I finally understood. Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker was incredible; his Joker is now definitely one of my all-time favorite movie villains (and characters, in general). Though I still don't fully understand the excessively high praise for the score; it's certainly OK with some nice moments, but still... It's no John Williams masterpiece. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Everything has to sound like a John Williams' masterpiece then?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote

Oh how I wish...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    The Joker's and Dent's themes at least were spot-on undoubtedly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Christodoulides wrote

Everything worthy of the insane amount of praise the unmemorable, unmelodic The Dark Knight score has received.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    There's value in other things than pure melody the classical way you mean it. And the dark knight worked brilliantly in the film, aiding Nolan's vision.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I doubt any melody would have worked as well for Joker as the "noise" did.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    There's value in other things than pure melody the classical way you mean it. And the dark knight worked brilliantly in the film, aiding Nolan's vision.

Working well in a film and providing a decent listening experience are two different things entirely. In my mind, only the scores that do both are masterpieces.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's a perfect, modern listening experience for me on CD and i am sure for other people too; not everything has to be flowery and chirpy / melodic and leitmotif-driven to be enjoyed on CD wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Maybe so, but that still doesn't warrant this score's popularity over other, far more enjoyable scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Tastes mate; all is subjective.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    I suppose...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    It took some time to get used to it but now I often listen to it. Even tracks from the bonus disc! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    William wrote
    Working well in a film and providing a decent listening experience are two different things entirely.

Yep, and any sensible composer would care about only one of those requirements.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote

Fucking A. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    LSH wrote
    William wrote
    Working well in a film and providing a decent listening experience are two different things entirely.

And the geniuses are those who unwittingly/unexpectedly fill both requirements.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The score didn't jar me out of the film so in effect it worked ( IMO ) .

On CD I really don't care for the score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I actually much prefer it on CD. I like it in the film of course, but I'd obviously have preferred a Goldenthal score. (Beggars, choosers..)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    William wrote
    LSH wrote
    William wrote

And the geniuses are those who unwittingly/unexpectedly fill both requirements.

Unwittingly / unexpectedly? Tell that to John Williams, Ennio Morricone, John Barry, Georges Delerue, Jerry Goldsmith et el.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I actually much prefer it on CD. I like it in the film of course, but I'd obviously have preferred a Goldenthal score. (Beggars, choosers..)

Now yer talkin' beer