• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2011
    What's made my day? I was told by my supervisor that my mammoth 13 hour shift tomorrow has been cut down to 7. So I can now attend my mate's 21st birthday celebrations that I had forgotten to book time off for.

Gonna get absolutely cunted.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Your use of the anglo saxon is tops! biggrin beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Your use of the anglo saxon is tops! biggrin beer

He, he....yeah, that.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Feeling I haven't wasted my money on the new headphones I bought. Been fiddling about with EQ present and this laptop SRS Premium Sound thing (that seems to be for optimising the sound coming out of the speakers but remains "on" when listening with headphones) and now have some sound through the headphones that I am more used to.

It may not be "right" in that it isn't a true representation of the actual output of the music but it's a sound I like.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2011
    I sorted out my Mac issues too with the SRS iWow plugin.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2011
    Anthony wrote
    I sorted out my Mac issues too with the SRS iWow plugin.

That's what SHE said.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. After the shitty job of paying bills, juggling money and watching account balance dwindling it was nice to receive a package in the post this morning (though that's partly responsible for the dwindling numbers!)

The Bible - Toshiro Mayuzumi
    Moses - Ennio Morricone
    The Alfred Hitchcock Hour (Vol. 1) - Bernard Herrmann
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. After the upheaval of the last few weeks we are back home and I have Battle of Neretva and the expanded Batman Forever to listen to, and my first IFMCA voting process to do.

I am looking forward to immersing myself once again in film music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2012
    FalkirkBairn wrote

I am looking forward to immersing myself once again in film music.

Music is a faithful companion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Welcome back Alan!
    Kazoo
  4. Bregt wrote
    Welcome back Alan!

Cheers!

I have a bit of catch-up listening to do!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Good to see you back smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Timmer wrote
    Good to see you back smile

Good to be back!

Have been in the wilderness that is phone-only internet access for the last few days. Tomorrow sees me blitz the online stores to see what has been released, catch up with what is going on at IFMCA and to read through the messageboard...and pick up the pieces of my blog!
  6. Booked our summer holiday (provisionally anyway) - 2 weeks on Skye. Heaven! But seems such a long way off!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2012
    I MUST return to Skye one day, a truly magical place.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2012
    What's made my day better today (and I desperately needed something to!) was watching the first part of The Diamond Queen, the first of a three-part documentary about the Queen on the sixtieth anniversary of her accession. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy - and amazing level of access to figures of note, including her family, the current and two former prime ministers.
  7. Southall wrote
    What's made my day better today (and I desperately needed something to!) was watching the first part of The Diamond Queen, the first of a three-part documentary about the Queen on the sixtieth anniversary of her accession. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy - and amazing level of access to figures of note, including her family, the current and two former prime ministers.

I watched this as well. I was surprised by how little I knew of recent history with regard to the various Kings and their reigns.

A note about the music: I thought that the main titles music was atrocious, very out of place. And did I hear a bit of Zimmer at the end? Or was it just Zimmeresque?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2012
    I think it was Inception at the end (or a very close approximation of it).
  8. a tiny meeting with God in downtown Ghent, always fun for a couple of hours cool

And what more could you want? Good food, a nice selection of beer and God talking away about women, politics and trips beer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2012
    What does God need food for?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2012
    And more to the point, what does he need with a starship?
  9. Timmer wrote
    What does God need food for?

to make sure he can go to the bathroom afterwards?
  10. Southall wrote
    And more to the point, what does he need with a starship?

star trek V smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2012
    franz_conrad's most recent photo album on Facebook has made my day better today.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I agree! biggrin :bird:
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    And mine. :pingu:

Clearly we are in desperate need of a penguin emoticon.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2012
    I've just returned from a long walk in the streets of Sparti, drinking coffee and listening to Spanish music. I endned up as always in front of the statue of King Leonidas where I sat for a while. I feel really refreshed! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Spanish music?
    What kind?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Songs mostly. Not so contemporary ones. I enjoy Jorge Aventano's music a lot. And flamencos of course. I'm learning spanish so I'm very into it.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2012 edited
    Me, I'm mad about flamenco as well. Always have been.
    How cool you're learning Spanish. :castagnettes: