• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. And out of pure trivia, today I seem to have a day with Pacific War music. First I played Pearl Harbor, then I had a break to give a first listen to Morricone's Baaria which I got for free the other day (a friend didn't like it, so he sent me his copy for free), then Tora! Tora! Tora! (two different outlooks at the event and of course Goldsmith - and the movie his score accompanies - win big time) and now the Lennertz score.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2012
    Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Inon Zur

I like it, though it's a bit like Shore's music thrown through some genericator, so I'm not sure why I'm listening to it when I could listen to the real thing instead.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: Harry Potter Jazz "The Sorcerer's Stone" - John Williams (arr. Mark Kramer, The Mark Kramer Trio)

An interesting album, to say the least...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Groovin' to the sixth best score of the new millennium - THE MATRIX RELOADED! Goddamn this is awesome!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Groovin' to the sixth best score of the new millennium - THE MATRIX RELOADED! Goddamn this is awesome!

-Erik-

I approve of this post.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    William wrote
    NP: Harry Potter Jazz "The Sorcerer's Stone" - John Williams (arr. Mark Kramer, The Mark Kramer Trio)

Jazzy Harry Potter music? shocked Sounds intriguing?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I approve of this post.

I approve of this post.

Howard Shore - Hugo

Very pretty, albeit a bit long, score from the darkness master. One of his most accessible works, I'd say?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2012
    Timmer wrote
    William wrote

Jazzy Harry Potter music? shocked Sounds intriguing?

I'm writing the MT review. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I look forward to reading it William.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2012 edited
    NP: BREAKING AND ENTERING - UNDERWORLD / GABRIEL YARED

I'm a notoriously indecisive person and, because I'm also very fussy, can hardly ever find the right music to fit the mood or whatever. This I started playing because I simply pressed shuffle and, I have to say, it's just what I need right now...

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: The Terminal - John Williams

Gorgeous, quirky score. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Krull - James Horner

What a way to start a weekend.
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    Yes,YES,YES....

HE IS BACK!!!!!!!!!

HERE I AM,HAPPY TO BE AMONG U AGAIN!

NP:A DANGEROUS METHOD part 8-HOWARD SHORE

OUtsatanding film,Amazing score....
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin

Welcome back!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yayyyy Koko punk
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    TOO KIND GUYS,I'M TOUCHED..... kiss
  3. Whoooo! Koko's back!

Heard anything good on youtube lately koko? smile
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    A DANGEROUS METHOD,yes Franz....
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    After having seen the film 6 or 7 times already..... spin
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    Ok guys go ahead!

what has been happening in this part of the solar system,since i left.... cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    My spidey senses. They're tingling.
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    Your spidey senses,huh.....

Interesting.... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    LSH wrote

I'm a notoriously indecisive person and, because I'm also very fussy, can hardly ever find the right music to fit the mood or whatever. This I started playing because I simply pressed shuffle and, I have to say, it's just what I need right now...

cool

Great score, the kind of music I like these days. I believe someone here at MT recommended it to me, actually.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. great to see you back Koko punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    LSH wrote

cool

Great score, the kind of music I like these days. I believe someone here at MT recommended it to me, actually.

I think that was me!? Yeah, very relaxing score.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE - Jerry Goldsmith

Name a score that's equal to this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Timmer wrote

Just one?

Peter tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Don't look now (Pino Donaggio)

Fan-fucking-tastic theme! The score is a bit mono-thematic though. Has some tension tracks that are less interesting, but all the tracks with the theme are great.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2012 edited
    plindboe wrote
    Timmer wrote

Just one?

Peter tongue

As many as you can, obviously this is all subjective and down to personal taste. wink

The thing with STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE is that listening to this from begining to end there isn't a single moment I want to skip, any contenders have to fit that bill too.

An obvious one ( for me ) is CONAN THE BARBARIAN.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Timmer wrote
    plindboe wrote
    Timmer wrote

Just one?

Peter tongue

As many as you can, obviously this is all subjective and down to personal taste. wink

The thing with STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE is that listening to this from begining to end there isn't a single moment I want to skip, any contenders have to fit that bill too.

It's a great score, but I think JW's Star wars IV-VI scores provide plenty of competition. So does Goldsmith's own Under fire. Also, Conan the barnbarian and The good, the bad and the ugly both kick this score's ass. And what about Rozsa's trio Ben-hur, King of kings and El cid? Shore's Fellowship of the ring; Barry's The lion in winter? Dances with wolves? Williams' Jurassic Park? Raiders of the lost ark? Doyle's Henry V? Kilar's Dracula?

Peter smile