• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2015
    Guests at the Great British Film Music concert:
    Craig Armstrong, Stephen Warbeck, Michael Nyman en George Fenton

Guests at the World Soundtrack Awards:
    Alan Silvestri
    Daniel Pemberton
    Patrick Doyle
    Bruno Coulais
    Antonio Sanchez
    Zhiyi Wang
    Ben Salisbury
    Peter Gregson
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2015
    I'm back in chaps! Looking forward to returning after a three year absence!

I'll be coming with the girlfriend so we'll probably keep to ourselves for the most part of the trip, but it'll be great to see some of you at the Meet & Greet and the infamous post-concert beer fest.

beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2015 edited
    Wow, there will be a HUGE turnout this year, both from Maintitles, some colleagues of mine from the IFMCA and I'm sure a Roman legion from Streaming Soundtracks.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2015 edited
    IThat's cool Lee! When do you arrive?

Ihad hoped to get everyone together for a dinner before WSA but that seems to be a hard thing to realise... slant
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2015 edited
    I'll be arriving late afternoon on the Thursday and leaving Monday daytime. Trying not to make the mistake of last time - having an early Eurostar to catch from Brussels at 9am on the Sunday morning (I missed it due to having an extended drunken chat with David Julyan till 6am).

spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2015
    LSH wrote
    I'll be arriving late afternoon on the Thursday and leaving Monday daytime. Trying not to make the mistake of last time - having an early Eurostar to catch from Brussels at 9am on the Sunday morning (I missed it due to having an extended drunken chat with David Julyan till 6am).

spin

Not to mention both of us overpowering an equally drunk Alberto Iglesias outside that very same pub.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Cool! Will you be at the Great British Film Music concert on Thursday? Still some tickets left there. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Thor wrote
    Not to mention both of us overpowering an equally drunk Alberto Iglesias outside that very same pub.

I remember you took a photograph of Iglesias and I. Any chance you can unearth it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Bregt wrote
    Cool! Will you be at the Great British Film Music concert on Thursday? Still some tickets left there. smile

I'll sadly give that one a miss. Already spent too much on the trip as it is (being fairly last minute). Also, I promised my girlfriend some film music free time (yes, she's a weirdo). Will probably just take her out for dinner to keep her happy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    LSH wrote
    Thor wrote

I remember you took a photograph of Iglesias and I. Any chance you can unearth it?

The picture of me and Iglesias is on facebook.

The picture of you and him (and, I think, your friend), I've uploaded for you here.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Thor wrote
    LSH wrote
    Thor wrote

The picture of me and Iglesias is on facebook.

The picture of you and him (and, I think, your friend), I've uploaded for you here.

hehe, good old times
    ps, Lee how's your friend with the blond hair? Wasn't he interested to come as well this time?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2015 edited
    Haha. Thanks for the photo. I had imagined how that photo would look for quite a while. I'm pleased to say I don't look half as pissed as I actually was.

Tom (the blonde one) won't be attending due to the fact that I have planned this trip as a kind of romantic getaway with the girlfriend (or so she thinks!).
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2015 edited
    I just remembered that I found Alberto Iglesias to be one of the gentlest and most pleasant people I had ever met. Or drunkest. I don't know....
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2015
    Everyone getting ready?

Who's coming?
    When are you all arriving?

Thor, Cristian, Ant, Jim, Pete, Thomas (Glorieux), Mario, Marie-Lise, Maxime+Patty, Thomas (fommes), Lee, ...
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Caliburn wrote
    I will be there with StreamingSoundtracks.com. We are quite a group this time: 14 people. Love to see all of you again!

We should meet after the concert again. The usual spot! Where Thor wants to leave asap.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    Caliburn wrote
    I will be there with StreamingSoundtracks.com. We are quite a group this time: 14 people. Love to see all of you again!

We should meet after the concert again. The usual spot! Where Thor wants to leave asap.

Oh yes! No hanging about for 45 minutes outside the concert venue. Beer must be consumed asap!

We'll be short on time when we arrive, but if everything goes as planned -- time-wise -- we'll arrive at our hotel in Ghent around 18:15. Then it's just a quick change, and a quick fast food before we head on over to the concert venue for the British Film Music concert. I just hope we make it in time. So I'll probably see you all inside or after.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I understand, but it's often the only moment where everyone sees everyone. smile

Yeah, you should make that. The Bijloke venue is a 20 minute walk from your hotel I think.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSynchrotones
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2015 edited
    I'm arriving friday PM. Staying at the Best Western on Kon Elisabethlaan. Shame I'm arriving too late for the industry events that day. On Saturday afternoon I'm attending the meet-n-greet. Hoping to see a bit of Gent too. It's been nearly 15 years since I last been there.

p.s. How much do you know about the parking in Gent? I intend to park in P10 under St Pietersplein and leave the car there for two nights. From all I read, that's seem to be okay...
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    You're driving from England?
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Yeah... I hate public transport.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  3. This your car?
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  4. Captain Future wrote
    This your car?

Ha! That would come in handy.

Once I've gone through Calais, I think my car will look like this.
  5. Especially on your way back.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2015
    I'm arriving early evening Thursday. Like I said, this is an excuse for a 'romantic weekend' with the girlfriend so we'll be mostly keeping to ourselves. I'm sure I'll see most of you at the Meet & Greet and, more crucially, after the concert. If I could only re-live the events of 2012, I'd be a very very happy (drunk) man.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Synchrotones wrote
    p.s. How much do you know about the parking in Gent? I intend to park in P10 under St Pietersplein and leave the car there for two nights. From all I read, that's seem to be okay...

You also have the train station parking, which is closer to your hotel, and perhaps easier to reach. But I have no idea regarding prices.

You can also park in the streets, and depending where, it is cheaper. But only day tickets available. Sundays are free.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Really looking forward to this. If not just for a fucking break. Great line-up, lots of us going, and... well BEER!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2015
    Yeah, me too! Lots of people from MainTitles, a rare opportunity, happens only a few times every couple of years. I still need to think of a trip on Sunday though. dizzy
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2015
    Everytthing is allright. We are drubk.

What a rgeat conert tonight! Grzat British Film MLusic. You'd think Britian is only great in exiting, but it is also great in film msuic. Fenton, Warbeck and Armstrong were present, but Nyman had to cancel due to illness. Damned, he's my favourite. Fenton received a Lifetime Achievement Award, and had selection from Dangerous Liansins and Land of the Freedom or something,like that.

The first part of the concert focused on music by William Walton, Ralph Vaughn Williams, John Barry Roy Budd (Get Carter!) and Ron Goodwin. Very energetic music with the orchestra at full force.

Tomorrow there's a MainTitles dinner and party at my place.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    What Vaughan Williams was played?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Good to hear Budd was played, Get Carter is a brilliant and iconic theme.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt