• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2008 edited
    It's another edition of Guess the Score Game and this time there's no theme to it except that there are 20 clips and 10 composers. There are 2 clips of each composer. For every clip you get correct, you can get some 'free' points by getting the 2nd clip of the same composer!

To keep it interesting for all, there are a number of easy ones. Some are classics, even! I will add hints beside the not-so-easy ones so do check if this post gets updated later.
    I realized only after making all the samples that they're of pretty low quality (32K). I hope they're still clear enough but do let me know if you need better quality ones

Rules:
    For each clip- 1 point for composer and 1 point for the score. No track titles required smile That's 2 points per clip and a total of 40 points to play for. For your convenience the clips have been ordered with the newest score first and the oldest score last.
    There were 2 instances when 2 scores were of the same year. I had to look up the USA release date on IMDB to sort them correctly

03 Seemingly disparate love stories get connected more and more.

04 Yes, that's a homage to a famous classical piece. Used very effectively in this movie by a controversial director

05 BAFTA winner but ineligible for submission for Oscars (Foreign film category) because the language (Hindi) used in the film was not recognized as a language of the country.

08 The surrogate mother who became a governess. The governess who became a mother & wife (what a gorgeous theme for lovemaking by the fireside!)

09 Not to Perdition but to a place with weird therapy

10 A character of great intelligence

11 Complete sweep of all the categories this movie was nominated for in the Oscars!

12 TV miniseries. Aftermath of a conquest

14 Arrrrrrrrr! (Damn those limited editions. Sold out but you can check the samples at the label's website)

15 Character of similar profession as in #10 but hardly intelligent

16 One of the top movies of all time

17 A coming of age story with lots of goofy characters

20 Mexico. A rebel is arrested. The peasants show their disapproval by clicking stones. The composer builds the theme from that clicking sound to show the beginning of a revolution. That aside, did this theme inspire a famous musical?

Hope this set has ones you're able to identify immediately (and like, even). I'll post the answers next Sunday morning. Good luck!

BP
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2008
    BhelPuri wrote
    It's another edition of Guess the Score Game and this time there's no theme to it except that there are 20 clips and 10 composers. There are 2 clips of each composer. For every clip you get correct, you can get some 'free' points by getting the 2nd clip of the same composer!

I like this "theme" alot. What a neat idea.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    BhelPuri wrote

biggrin biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Wow, track 08 really made me nuts there for a while because I have heard it so many times before. Luckily I realized what it was before I hurled myself out the window in despair, and it turned out to be from one of my alltime favorite scores.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    plindboe... you don't happen to have a top 10 list of, oh I dunno, your all time favorite scores, on this site, do you? Isn't it about time you made one?
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    BhelPuri wrote

biggrinbiggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    BobdH wrote
    plindboe... you don't happen to have a top 10 list of, oh I dunno, your all time favorite scores, on this site, do you? Isn't it about time you made one?

So you like that score too, eh?

Peter biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    plindboe wrote
    BhelPuri wrote

biggrinbiggrin

LOOOOL!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    I only know #7 sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    WOW!I ACTUALLY KNOW SOME OF THEM! punk
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Current scores:

Peter storms ahead with all his submitted guesses correct!
    I was a bit late in posting but Bob was in the sole lead for quite some time. Well, perhaps not-- Bregt sent his guesses even before the game was posted. His email makes its way out of the spam box finally!

plindboe 23 points punk
    Bregt 12 points cool
    BobdH 8 points beer

tjguitar wrote
    I only know #7 sad

That's a start! Now get the 2nd clip of the same composer and double your points smile His signature looms big in the other cue too.

Stavroula wrote
    WOW!I ACTUALLY KNOW SOME OF THEM! punk

Yay! Looking forward to your pm! I had fun in picking these clips. I threw in a lot of my favorite 'happy' & 'goofy' ones smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Bhel!

Didn't you get my answers in the email with the links??? confused
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Bregt wrote
    Bhel!

Didn't you get my answers in the email with the links??? confused

Oh man! I checked my email and found that it got sent to the spam folder!
    I was wondering why I didn't hear from you about the links to the clips. I simply guessed they would be added in a folder #2.
    I'll check your answers now! Sorry! sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Haha, no problem.

What is worrying, that it arrived in your spam folder! shocked
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Ok updated above.
    BTW thanks! I found that Yahoo had tagged another innocent mail from a friend into the spam folder.
  1. plindboe wrote
    BhelPuri wrote

biggrinbiggrin

Other people in the house wept and gnashed their teeth when I played that one!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2008
    kazoos!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Woah, i know some, others i KNOW i have them but can't remember what it is exactly but overall this is a gorgeous set mate, some TRULY wonderful music in it to which i am particularly looking forward when the results will be announced, i have stuff to get!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    "ennio morricone musico" biggrin biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2008 edited
    Update:

Alan makes a good start and overtakes Bregt for 2nd place. Peter adds another point. And Thor finally finally finally plays the game and gives company to Bob.

plindboe 24 points
    FalkirkBairn 21 points cool
    Bregt 12 points
    BobdH 8 points
    Thor 8 points dizzy

I've added hints beside some of the clips. Don't forget to check that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2008 edited
    Update:
    Alan moves into the lead but it may not be enough with Peter just 1 point behind!
    Franz makes a superb start to move real close to them! There's something awe inspiring in seeing a master at work wink

FalkirkBairn 25 points
    spin
    plindboe 24 points
    franz_conrad 23 points cool
    Bregt 12 points
    BobdH 8 points
    Thor 8 points

Christodoulides wrote
    ... some TRULY wonderful music in it to which i am particularly looking forward when the results will be announced, i have stuff to get!

Thanks man! But you still need to submit your guesses. You cannot be a bystander for all these games. Look at Thor wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    This is getting very interesting with a close fight! Franz in the lead with Alan and Peter close on his heels!
    Tommy_Boy appears all out of nowhere to beat Bregt punk and carry on!

franz_conrad 31 points
    FalkirkBairn 25 points
    plindboe 24 points

Tommy_Boy 18 points wave
    Bregt 12 points
    BobdH 8 points
    Thor 8 points

All 20 cues have been identified by one or the other. Could this be the first game that we'll see a perfect score? 40/40 is quite do-able!
  2. BhelPuri wrote
    Franz makes a superb start to move real close to them! There's something awe inspiring in seeing a master at work wink

Well, I do try. shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2008
    I know mate, i'll have to try as soon as i find the time!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2008
    Update:
    Massive fight in the middle wink Anything is possible.

franz_conrad 31 points
    FalkirkBairn 25 points
    plindboe 24 points
    Tommy_Boy 22 points
    wave
    Bregt 12 points
    BobdH 8 points
    Thor 8 points
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    It's over folks! It's over! The one person whose reviews were my only compass during my infancy in score-land has submitted his guesses (perhaps 'answers' would be more appropriate).

Southall 39 points shocked shocked shocked
    franz_conrad 31 points
    FalkirkBairn 26 points
    plindboe 24 points
    Tommy_Boy 24 points
    cool
    Bregt 12 points
    BobdH 8 points
    Thor 8 points

The one remaining point that he needs should be a cake-walk. We are witnessing history being made with a perfect score! spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Southall can't participate!

He cannot be a human!

He writes 73 reviews a week, makes to much jokes for me to understand and now scores the whole game!?

Defenitely not human!
    Kazoo
  3. I did notice the one time I met him that he could drink great amounts of alcohol and be unaffected. Surely not human. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2008
  4. Southall wrote
    What can I say?

"There's no way that I'm going to get that last point - I don't know EVERYTHING!"
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn