• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2008
    Steven wrote
    D-War | Steve Jablonsky

I like it. Shoot me if you will, but I like it.

I like it too, pretty enjoyable and fun.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Wyatt Earp remains JNH's best for me (with competition from Snow Falling on Cedars).

Not even comparable to SNOW FALLING ON CEDARS, imo, as this (snow) is tremendously superior.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    LSH wrote
    NP: Happy Feet - John Powell

I really love this score! I can't wait to listen to Horton.

punk

My favorite Powell score ever, together with UNITED 93. Top stuff
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Black - Chris Tilton and Michael Giacchino

Has an awesome main theme, terrific suspense cues (listen to "Treneska Border Crossing") and amazing action music! And even the "emotion" cues are so decent and sombre punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Transformers (Jablonsky)

I delete "optimus prime" , "bumblebee" and "cybertron" from my playlist. I think they are pretty generic, blanc and redundant ( I don't know if it's the correct word).

With this little "modifications" you can listen one of the coolest albums around!!!

Frenzy, Soccent attack, Scorponok, You are a soldier Now or Sam to the roof beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote

I delete "optimus prime" , "bumblebee" and "cybertron" from my playlist. I think they are pretty generic, blanc and redundant ( I don't know if it's the correct word).

With this little "modifications" you can listen one of the coolest albums around!!!

Frenzy, Soccent attack, Scorponok, You are a soldier Now or Sam to the roof beer

You deleted 'Bumblebee' and 'Optimus'? They're highlights of the album! dizzy

Blood Diamond | JNH

Certainly not one of his technically brilliant scores, but it's got such great personality.

[Michael Palin's lumberjack] I love JNH, me. [/Michael Palin's lumberjack]
  1. NP: Romeo and Juliet (Rota)

Ah!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    You deleted 'Bumblebee'...

Waaah! shocked That's the best cue in the score! How can you call it ''generic''?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Romeo and Juliet (Rota)

Ah!

Yeah, but is it as good as Lost or Transformers?
  2. To be honest, probably not. Nino Rota is overrated.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote

Actually, you correctly described the ENTIRE score! Well done, Jordi!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Nautilus wrote

You deleted 'Bumblebee' and 'Optimus'? They're highlights of the album! dizzy

Blood Diamond | JNH

[blue]Certainly not one of his technically brilliant scores, but it's got such great personality.

Ya, a personality that was stolen from Hans Zimmer. wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    If you say so.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I'm with ya Steven.

beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    If you say so.

You don't think so?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    If you say so.

You don't think so?

-Erik-

To a degree, I guess so. But I still think it's very much JNH's style, especially since I've listened to it so many times now that all I can hear is JNH.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, whatever you want to believe ol' boy; whatever you want to believe wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thanks, I will. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote

You deleted "Optimus Prime" and "Bumblebee"? confused Two of the best cues of the album? confused
    Bad boy Jordi, bad boy...
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote

You deleted "Optimus Prime" and "Bumblebee"? confused Two of the best cues of the album? confused

Good boy, good boy... the less Transformers you listen to the better off you will be.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Good boy, good boy... the less Transformers you listen to the better off you will be.

-Erik-

crazy
    Bah, you don´t understand Jablonsky´s art wink
    Anyway, something much better
    Still Playing The Oxford Murders (Roque Baños)
    Can´t get enough of every new Baños score, and this is no exception.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    While I'd never say Transformers is a GOOD score, it's a standard RC one that it's enjoyable. Everything else out there can pass me by (recently I've come to dislike a lot of RC composers), but this one can stay in my collection because of its pure standard-ness. And we all need one RC score in our collection to call ourselves score fans. Yes, even you Erik. tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    And we all need one RC score in our collection to call ourselves score fans. Yes, even you Erik. tongue wink

Dooood... I have plenty... and all or most of them are light years ahead of the generic crud Jabslonsky provide for Transformers.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    :D
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I Am Legend | James Newton Howard

An excellent score, shame it wasn't all used in the film. JNH excels at these simple-but-effective melodies that hit the nail on the head. Blood Diamond and Lady In The Water both have very simple themes, and they work brilliantly.

I would put I Am Legend in the same group as his Shyamalan scores, it just has that vibe somehow?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2008
    Steven wrote

[blue]An excellent score, shame it wasn't all used in the film.

Actually, using less score was the RIGHT decision.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

[blue]An excellent score, shame it wasn't all used in the film.

Actually, using less score was the RIGHT decision.

-Erik-

Actually, I never said it wasn't. I just think it's a shame music this good had to be cut from the film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2008 edited
    Steven wrote

I would put I Am Legend in the same group as his Shyamalan scores, it just has that vibe somehow?

Totally agree with you there. Very much in that mold in places. Can't wait for The Happening!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : CONAN THE BARBARIAN - BASIL POLEDOURIS

Bow down all ye weedy RC / MV scores in the face of true magnificence!

Conan crushes you and hears the lament of your women.cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt