• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2008
    Okay, after much deliberation I've decided....

1) On Her Majesty's Secret Service

2) The Lion In Winter

3) The Last Valley

this list hurt! sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2008
    1.The lion in winter
    2.The last valley
    3.Somewhere in time

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2008 edited
    Next Update; the Lion danced with the Wolves before devouring them... I must admit I´ve never seen our top ranking Bond movie and never listened to the score. I guess it´s time...

1st place: On Her Majesty´s Secret Service 13 points
    2nd place: The Last Valley 10 points
    3rd place: The Lion in Winter 8 points

Dances with Wolves 7 points
    You Only Live Twice 3 points
    Goldfinger / The Living Daylights / Somewhere in Time 2 points each
    The Black Hole 1 point
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2008
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Next Update; the Lion danced with the Wolves before devouring them... I must admit I´ve never seen our top ranking Bond movie and never listened to the score. I guess it´s time...

1st place: On Her Majesty´s Secret Service 13 points
    2nd place: The Last Valley 10 points
    3rd place: The Lion in Winter 8 points

Dances with Wolves 7 points
    You Only Live Twice 3 points
    The Black Hole 1 point

Still a few non voters in this thread....Martin ( and where are you man? ), Martijn, Steven, Demetris.....
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Does somebody here have the Silva recording of Lion in Winter and can tell me whether it´s worth looking for it? I can´t seem to find it anywhere. I have Silva´s rerecording of The Last Valley and like it a lot, even compared to the original. I listen to both of them regularly and thought maybe the rerecording of LiW was worth a listen as well, since it´s the same team or not?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNunoM
    I don't have the Silva recording for Lion in Winter, but since that recording is conducted by Nic Raine, and performed by the Prague Orchestra, so i suppose it's in the same of league of quality like The Last Valley.
    And you can get also, a couple of tracks of Mary Queen Of Scots.
    The only Silva recording of John Barry that i have is, "Robin and Marian", but i'm more than happy with it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2008
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Does somebody here have the Silva recording of Lion in Winter and can tell me whether it´s worth looking for it? I can´t seem to find it anywhere. I have Silva´s rerecording of The Last Valley and like it a lot, even compared to the original. I listen to both of them regularly and thought maybe the rerecording of LiW was worth a listen as well, since it´s the same team or not?

Six tracks and approximately 16 minutes of Mary Queen of Scots on Silva's The Lion In Winter recording plus about three plus minutes not on the original LIW score.....every single note is worthwhile!
  1. Okay, thanks for the info.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2008
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Okay, thanks for the info.

By the way Ralph, Mary Queen Of Scots is an excellent score, it's never been released on CD but I'm sure it will be and very soon.

Watch this space.
  2. Timmer wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

By the way Ralph, Mary Queen Of Scots is an excellent score, it's never been released on CD but I'm sure it will be and very soon.

Watch this space.

Intrada? FSM?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. *bump*

Come on guys, John needs some more votes, please...
  4. All I got:

1. Dances With Wolves
    2. The Lion In Winter
    3. (blank)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. Thank you. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2008
    The Lion in Winter
    Dances with Wolves
    You Only Live Twice
  6. 1. The Last Valley
    2. Dances with Wolves
    3. You Only Live Twice
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2008 edited
    Thanks for voting, folks. Now, this really gets interesting...

In one swift move, the Wolves took the top, while the Her Majesty´s Lion decided to spend the Winter in the Last Valley...

1st place: Dances with Wolves 14 points
    2nd place: On Her Majesty´s Secret Service / The Last Valley / The Lion in Winter 13 points each

You Only Live Twice 5 points
    The Black Hole 1 point
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    justin boggan wrote
    All I got:

1. Dances With Wolves
    2. The Lion In Winter
    3. (blank)

tsk tsk!? rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Still no votes from D, Steven etc?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2008 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

Watch this space.

Intrada? FSM?

Intrada

Just released : MARY QUEEN OF SCOTS cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    Intrada

Just awesome! One of my favorite Barry scores.
    But 28 minutes for $18!!! sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BhelPuri wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Intrada

Well, you could say that many 70+ minute releases barely have 5 minutes that are really worth listening to, 'Mary' is a gem from begining to end plus the $ is so weak it's more than worthwhile.

I've already ordered which will surprise no one that knows me. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    BhelPuri wrote

Are you seriously judging the value of the score by how many MINUTES it is?!?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2008 edited
    Thor wrote
    BhelPuri wrote

Are you seriously judging the value of the score by how many MINUTES it is?!?

Well, to be honest, it would have been great if the complete score could've been released tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Well, to be honest, it would have been great if the complete score could've been released tongue

moon
    I am extremely serious.
  7. From now on, please continue to vote here:

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … ree-scores
  8. Tim, does this new Mary, Queen of Scots Intrada release add much over and above the Silva re-recording?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2008 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Tim, does this new Mary, Queen of Scots Intrada release add much over and above the Silva re-recording?

Yes!

Bagpipes for a start! cool

Surely a score to make you feel back at home? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2008
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

moon

kiss beer
  9. Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Tim, does this new Mary, Queen of Scots Intrada release add much over and above the Silva re-recording?

Yes!

It's funny, but usually I find that bagpipes only really work when there's about a dozen pipers (or more) playing with a solid snare drum accompaniment!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Yes!

It's funny, but usually I find that bagpipes only really work when there's about a dozen pipers (or more) playing with a solid snare drum accompaniment!

I love the use of bagpipes in this score! I believe Martijn ( not a great fan of Barry ) was particularly taken by this aspect and also liked the score a lot as a whole?!