• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Low quantity alert from FSM:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/daily/a … leID/6834/
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. justin boggan wrote
    Next up from Kritzerland:

"The Wayward Bus" / "The Enemy Below" (re-issue)
    Composer: Leigh Harline

LEss than 100 copies left.

Next up from Kritzerland (though not specified as in one batch, or just future batches):

On the horizon: Rozsa, Young, North, Duning, and that's all I'm saying.

And an update:
    Both the Duning and North titles are world premiere releases, as is the Rozsa.

(none from Sony)

We actually have two Dunings coming, but they're I guess what people call Silver Age, not from the 1950s. The Rozsa and Young are 50s titles. But I ain't talkin'.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2012
    From Varèse Sarabande:

NEW LIMITED EDITIONS COMING JULY 9th!
    On Monday, July 9 we will announce two new releases in our limited edition series and also two new releases in our Varèse Encore series! See you then!

Hoping for "Vibes" (Encore title) and "For Greater Glory" (limited edition) by James Horner!! smile
  3. Hitchcock Media Records is offering a 20% discount for Juy 4th.

they have released seven Don Peake scores:

"The Hills Have Eyes"
    "I, Desire"
    three voluems "Knight Rider"

All:
    http://www.hitchcock-media.com/soundtracks/cat_6.html

The upcoming four new volumes of "Knight Rider" scores were cancelled a few months ago due to lack of funding. I would only hope anybody who was wanting a copy of any of these, would take advantage of the sale, and maybe help them build the funding.

AND

Howdy folks!
    Creature Features here, pleased to announce that we'll be holding a screening and live panel event in Hollywood to celebrate the release of La-La Land Records' new USED CARS soundtrack on July 31st!

The soundtrack features Patrick Williams’ original score, along with the title song “USED CARS” (music by Patrick Williams, performed by Bobby Bare). The CD also includes the unused score composed by Ernest Gold (IT’S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD). It'll be available for purchase at the event ($20, cash only) and at La-La Land's website (http://http://www.lalalandrecords.com/) on July 31st.

Patrick Williams will be signing copies of the CD after the event!

Full details and tickets at http://www.creaturefeatures.com/2012/06 … oundtrack/ - hope to see you there!
  4. Coming from some label I never heard of, Pale Blue Soundtracks:

"The Entitled" (Robert Duncan)
    "The Divide" (Jean-Pierre Taieb)
  5. I thought that Pale Blue was a digital-only label. I picked up The Divide recently but didn't like much of it. Not relates but it did remind me of John Murphy's Sunshine in parts.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. "The Divide" appears to be digital only; no word on the other, but I suspect you are right.
  7. HOLY COMIC CON TITLES, BATMAN!!!

For Immediate Release.
    June 30, 2012

WHAT DO A BAT, A WOLVERINE AND A GHOST IN TIGHTS HAVE IN COMMON?

THEY ARE ALL COMING TO SAN DIEGO WITH LA-LA LAND FOR COMIC-CON 2012!

LA-LA LAND RECORDS ANNOUNCES ITS WORLD PREMIERE 2012 COMIC CON TITLES

AVAILABLE AT THE CON – JULY 12-15 (PREVIEW NIGHT JULY 11)
    SAN DIEGO CONVENTION CENTER - BOOTH 429 at TOY HUNGRY

Burbank, CA-based La-La Land Records is proud to announce its annual pilgrimage to Comic Con 2012 with the world premiere of four limited edition CD soundtracks:

BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES: VOL 1 (Second Edition)

Back by popular demand, La-La Land has re-issued its 2008 sold-out title for the legions of BTAS fans who missed out on this dynamite release’s initial debut. This “second edition” re-issue is virtually identical to the 2008 version, except the bonus tracks “Gotham City Overture” and “Music of the Bat” have been removed to preserve the integrity of the initial release. Get it before it sells out – again! Limited Edition of 5000 Units.
    Comic Con price $25

BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES: VOL 2 (4-CD SET)

Literally years in the making, La-La Land proves the wait was worth it with this amazing 4-CD set of previously unreleased music from arguably the greatest animated television series of all time! The set’s 36 page booklet is packed with in-depth liner notes that take you through a treasure trove of astounding orchestral scores; music that rivals any blockbuster feature film. Composers Shirley Walker, Harvey R. Cohen, Carlos Rodriguez, Lolita Ritmanis, Michael McCuistion, Carl Swander Johnson and others are musically represented here, as well as Danny Elfman’s iconic theme. Limited Edition of 3500 Units.
    Comic Con price $60

X-MEN 2: X MEN UNITED (2-CD SET)

Finally, John Ottman’s stupendous X2 score gets its much-deserved deluxe treatment, remastered and expanded with a 2-CD presentation that offers more than 50 minutes of music beyond the original 2003 soundtrack release. Improved sound and exclusive, in-depth liner notes take this noteworthy score to new superheroic heights! Limited Edition of 3500 Units.
    Comic Con price $25

THE PHANTOM

Likewise, David Newman’s majestic score to the 1996 feature film of the same name gets remastered and expanded in deluxe fashion, running almost a full 30 minutes longer than the original ’96 soundtrack release. This is a big, classic film score that covers all the bases (action, thrills, romance) in high style! Like all La-La Land limited editions, this release features in-depth, exclusive liner notes and attractive packaging design. Limited Edition of 3000 Units.
    Comic Con price $20

The above titles will be exclusively available July 12-15th (and on Preview Night July 11) at Comic Con from La-La Land Records (Booth 429 “Toy Hungry”).

All four titles will subsequently be released at www.lalalarecords.com (and other online soundtrack boutiques) on July 19th, 1pm PST.

In addition to these wonderful new releases, La-La Land will be offering at its Comic Con booth (#429 “Toy Hungry”) the usual assortment of exciting soundtrack titles, with many worthwhile specials and deals to be had.

Also, we will be discussing some of our upcoming soundtrack releases, including USED CARS music by Patrick Williams with unused music by Ernest Gold, GREEN LANTERN: THE ANIMATED SERIES music by Frederik Wiedmann, STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE (4-CD SET) music by various composers, THE BODYGUARD music by Alan Silvestri and BLACK RAIN (2-CD SET) music by Hans Zimmer.

Looking forward to meeting and greeting you all in San Diego!

AND:

Also, we will be discussing some of our upcoming soundtrack releases, including USED CARS music by Patrick Williams with unused music by Ernest Gold, GREEN LANTERN: THE ANIMATED SERIES music by Frederik Wiedmann, STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE (4-CD SET) music by various composers, THE BODYGUARD music by Alan Silvestri and BLACK RAIN (2-CD SET) music by Hans Zimmer.

And also a blurb about future title:

We have more Golden and Silver Age titles coming -- an absolute MASTERPIECE at the end of August.
  8. Too many releases!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2012
    yeah
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  9. damn, I had to wait for so long to have The Phantom in my possession, my brother finally was able to purchase it a couple of months ago, and now an expanded version will become available

still, hoping the expanded material is worth it smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    THE PHANTOM is brilliant, but the ol' Hollywood release is more than good enough.

However, BLACK RAIN is interesting. I've always wanted to have a bit more score than the suite on the existing soundtrack. Not 2 CD's worth, maybe, but a bit more. If the discs also contain the great songs (which it should), then it's something I have to seriously consider.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall

John Ottman’s stupendous X2 score

In the chequered history of film music hyperbole, there can surely never have been any statement quite as mystifying as that one.
  10. Some more LLLR news.

In reply to a few folks who can't get over, and still get it wrong, comment MV made over Varese and the recent "Chinatown" CD, MV had this to say among his reply:

You ever stop and think that maybe I might have a little insider info? Think about it.

MV

I can only hope that means what I think it means.

And the B:TAS Volume 2 episode listing:

Batman The Animated Series Volume 2 (abbreviated track listing)

DISC ONE
    1. BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES - MAIN TITLE (DANNY ELFMAN)
    2-12 BEWARE THE GRAY GHOST - CARL SWANDER JOHNSON
    13-30 THE CAT AND THE CLAW, PARTS I and II - HARVEY R. COHEN, WAYNE COSTER, SHIRLEY WALKER
    31-39 NOTHING TO FEAR - SHIRLEY WALKER
    40-49 HEART OF ICE - TODD HAYEN, SHIRLEY WALKER
    50 END CREDITS (extended) (DANNY ELFMAN)

DISC TWO
    1 MAIN TITLE (piano version) (DANNY ELFMAN and SHIRLEY WALKER)
    2-10 APPOINTMENT IN CRIME ALLEY - STUART V. BALCOMB
    11-19 MAD AS A HATTER - HARVEY R. COHEN
    20-25 THE STRANGE SECRET OF BRUCE WAYNE - LOLITA RITMANIS
    26-34 I'VE GOT BATMAN IN MY BASEMENT - SHIRLEY WALKER, CARLOS RODRIGUEZ
    35-49 FEAT OF CLAY, PART I - JEFF ATMAJIAN, SHIRLEY WALKER, CARL SWANDER JOHNSON
    50 END CREDITS (alternate beginning) (DANNY ELFMAN)

DISC THREE
    1 MAIN TITLE (MIDI version) (DANNY ELFMAN and SHIRLEY WALKER)
    2-12 ALMOST GOT 'IM - STUART BALCOMB
    13-23 IF YOU'RE SO SMART, WHY AREN'T YOU RICH? - CARLOS RODRIGUEZ
    24-40 THE DEMON'S QUEST, PARTS I and II - MICHAEL McCUISTION and HARVEY R. COHEN
    41-49 THE LAUGHING FISH - SHIRLEY WALKER
    50 END CREDITS (alternate ending) (DANNY ELFMAN)

DISC FOUR
    1 MAIN TITLE (with sound effects) (DANNY ELFMAN)
    2-16 SHADOW OF THE BAT, PARTS I and II - SHIRLEY WALKER and HARVEY R. COHEN
    17-21 HARLEY AND IVY - PETER DAVISON, MICHAEL McCUISTION, LOLITA RITMANIS, SHIRLEY WALKER
    22-27 READ MY LIPS - SHIRLEY WALKER
    28-33 FIRE FROM OLYMPUS - SHIRLEY WALKER
    34 END CREDITS (alternate beginning and ending)
    TOTAL SET RUNNING TIME: 291:14

EDIT: Walker's amazing "Feat of Clay" Part 2 is on the set, but according to MV, Facebook won't let him edit his original post.
  11. And more Bat-tastic news:

While working on Vol 2 a number of episodes of the first "65" got the axe and will be featured on Vol 3: Robin's Reckoning Parts 1 and 2, Day of the Samurai and The Clock King to name a few.

Our plan is to have Vol 3 out next year (possibly another 4 disc set). That would be all the music we would release from the first 65. We are also contemplating releasing an empty box when vol 3 comes out so people can put all 3 volumes inside. It would be like $5 (or around there) if people wanted to buy it separately or free with purchase of Vol 3...something like that.

Then we would focus on the "Adventures of Batman and Robin" and "The New Batman Adventures."

Hopefully, Superman TAS, Justice League (TAS and Unlimited) and the two BTAS animated direct to DVD movies (Subzero and Batwoman) will also see the light of day in the next few years.

This is some of the finest music written for television. It's been a joy and honor to bring these out and we hope to continue to mine this incredible slate of superhero music.

We are also looking into stuff like Animaniacs and Tiny Toons. The ealry 90's was truly the 2nd Golden Age of Animation at Warners Bros. We are doing our part to preserve that legacy.

MV

They should change their label name from La La Land Records to: Na Na Batman Records
  12. And the Goldsmith rush isn't over for 2012. Posted by Roger over at the Intrada forum:

[...] Perhaps Doug
    will address in good time, but he's swamped right now
    with some very tight deadlines (right now he's wrapping
    up a Moross score and several Jarre and Goldsmith
    projects and starting on more Bernstein and Mancini).
    And for those asking, the 2-CD master for Battlestar
    Galactica Vol. 3 is finished."
  13. Yesterday Varese released a limited edition run of William Ross' score to "The Mighty Macs".

It's SOLD OUT now. Sorry.
  14. Kritzerland's next CD is:

"Nordic Noir" (some overseas TV series)
    By Adam Norden

Never heard of either of them, but that doesn't mean jack squat to me (unlike some posters at various boards). I'll listen to the samples.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2012 edited
    I don't think "Nordic Noir" is the name of a tv series, rather the genre. I note that Norden scored the Swedish version of Wallander, and I guess it means that (along with cues from other shows as well?)

I've never seen the Swedish version but have to say the BBC one is extremely good. Kenneth Branagh delivers one of the truly great television acting performances.
  15. My misunderstanding -- the FSM post is not worded quite right.
  16. New Quartet Records releases:

BORA BORA
    Historical release pairing two different scores composed by Piero Piccioni and Les Baxter for the same film.

LE ISOLE DELL'AMORE
    The Piero Umiliani's exotic hit soundtrack returns!. Remastered and including 40 minutes of unreleased music!.

VILAMOR (LOVETOWN)
    Delicate and nostalgic new score by talented Spanish composer Zeltia Montes, impregnated with Galician folk roots.

MIEL DE NARANJAS
    Powerful, intensely emotional and passionate score composed by Nuno Malo for a film about the dark days of the Spanish post-war.

So many clues and hints at other releases, I've simply gotten lost about what's next from Kritzerland. I think there's two coming, the ones I posted in the last post, and now he's confirned a re-issue of the OOP Percepto Records release:

"The Fly" / "Return of the Fly"
    By: Paul Sawtell & Bert Shefter
  17. Interesting new CD from Karl Jenkins:

"The Peacemakers"

Combing orchestra and chorus, from words from peace from various people like Gandhi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If0FCS0m0sQ
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2012
    I've been wondering what happened to Gandhi. Haven't heard much from him in a while.
  18. Intrada's July 24th releases are nailed:

"Wolfen" (rejected; Safan)
    "The Shadow" (Goldsmith)
  19. beer THE SHADOW beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  20. DreamTheater wrote
    beer THE SHADOW beer

I have never heard The Shadow.
  21. THAT is great news! I love "The Shadow"!!! Fantastic gothic theme (even if a bit batman / elfmanish). The secondary motif for the bad guy is quite nice too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2012
    The main theme is even more Waxman-ish...
  22. I have heard people rave about it on messageboards, so I am keen to hear some OST clips when they become available.
  23. Oh yes! I had forgotten about the Waxman connection... in "Prince Valiant" if I remember correctly?