• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Sad to hear. sad
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  2. Like his father. His last known score was for a filmed and scored, but yet to be picked up pilot by one of the Stargate: SG1 producers, "Echoes". I recall the priducer saying someplace online that the score was good.

In his 50's like Kamen, Poledouris, and Walker.

"Helen of Troy" was one of like six releases that were supposed to come out. Another was "Star Trek: First Contact", which has also come to pass. The others (that I recall) were:

"The Man With Two Brains"

and compilations from the first two Stargate shows (I don't recall anything about Universe).
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. Posted today by LLLR at the FSM forum in regards to a couple week ago the monkey art avatar for [b]"Black Rain"[b] being posted, leading some of us to believe it was coming soon:

Just to reiterate -- I never posted it. The artist did

Black Rain will hopefully be out Sept 25, if not, then Oct 9

Due to approval delays that effected our Aug and early Sept release schedule, expect about 5 - 7 cds coming in late Sept and early Oct. . .some big releases, some small releases. . . some bronze age, some very recent...some film scores, some tv scores. . . Hopefully at least one of the titles will tickle your fancy.

MV
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. Martijn wrote
    There ain't. sad

Now there are:
    http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0
  5. Posted today at FSM.

haineshisway: (Kritzerland)
    cody1949:
    [...] I would also like to see THE CARPETBAGGERS,THE RAT RACE,THE SHOOTIST and WHERE'S JACK released. And while I'm here, Mancini's THE WHITE DAWN.

Summer and Smoke would have sold out at 1200 copies - lesson learned. At least one of the titles listed is coming from us.
  6. And now the clue to the next Kritzerland release:

Let me just say that I am listening to what will now be our next release - and I don't think it gets much better. Major composer, major score - I'm not giving clews yet but this release, despite a prior CD release quite a while ago, will blow people away. The prior CD release sold out and was mono and ran fifty-something minutes. The new release is completely stereo and runs over seventy-five minutes and the sound is breathtaking. And that's all I'm saying about that.
  7. The next two Intrada releases are (September 4th):

"Battlestar Galactica" -- Volume 3 (Stu Philips)

and the other one appears to be guessed by the clues given, as Intrada did say a short while ago they have a Moross score coming, so:

"The Jayhawkers" (Moross)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2012
    Methinks you are right.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  8. REad what you want into it:

La La Land Records:
    Under the radar, GUNFIGHT AT OK CORRAL, supposedly ready to go, is being held up by the estate of Frankie Laine--go figure.

I call BS

smile

MV
  9. justin boggan wrote
    And now the clue to the next Kritzerland release:

Let me just say that I am listening to what will now be our next release - and I don't think it gets much better. Major composer, major score - I'm not giving clews yet but this release, despite a prior CD release quite a while ago, will blow people away. The prior CD release sold out and was mono and ran fifty-something minutes. The new release is completely stereo and runs over seventy-five minutes and the sound is breathtaking. And that's all I'm saying about that.

The title appears to have been guessed:

manderley:

As I've suggested several posts above, I still think this release will be DAVID AND BATHSHEBA.

Major Composer: Alfred Newman - check.

Major Score: David and Bathsheba - check.

Prior CD release: Intrada, August, 2005 - check.

Sold Out: 1500 copies - check. (One copy now selling on SAE for $49.95.

Mono: All mono except extra bonus cue, reiteration of "The 23rd Psalm" in stereo - check.

50 something minutes: Original release 55+ minutes - check.

Optical/Acetates Original: Pieced together from surviving optical elements and acetates - check.

Early 1950s: 1951 - check.

Everything fits

......even the "shekels" joke !!!!!

("shekels" was in the second clue I did not post here)
  10. Good news and bad news for "Battlestar Galactica" score fans:

Roger:

I'll tell you this, though. There will be one more volume after this and then we'll have released everything we could get our hands on related to BG. It's been a a real chore, which is why things have taken so long. And Vol. 4 master is done, so it shouldn't be that far behind. Then we start on the next TV series we lined up.
  11. Next up from La La Land:

We only have one title coming out next Tuesday Sept 11, 2012 at 1 pm pst:

FRIDAY THE 13TH
    Music by Harry Manfredini
    LLLCD 1228
    Retail Price: $15.98

Produced by Harry Manfredini, Neil S. Bulk and MV Gerhard
    Mastered by James Nelson at Digital Outland
    Liner Notes by Brian Satterwhite
    Art Direction by David C. Fein

Due to popular demand, Mr Manfredini's classic score to the 1980 horror film FRIDAY THE 13TH gets a stand alone release! If you already have the 6 cd box set we released earlier this year there really is no reason to buy this retail release. This release contains the same master as before as well as an abridged version of the liner notes and artwork from the box set release. However, if you missed out on the set or are a casual fan then I highly recommend picking up this wonderful score by one of horror's true Maestros!

The first 100 or so people who purchase this cd directly through the La La Land website (www.lalalandrecords.com) will receive a signed copy at no extra charge. Quantities are limited and you are not guaranteed an autograph.
  12. Facebook note:

FSM CD #249 off to the plant—also a 2CD set

That's the second-to-last before FSM goes bye-bye.
  13. Quartet Records:

Quartet Records is very proud to present the complete release of the most unusual score composed and conducted by JOHN WILLIAMS: "THE LONG GOODBYE", a noir classic from the seventies directed by Robert Altman from the Raymond Chandler novel, starring Elliot Gould as Philip Marlowe.

Every different version recorded for the movie is included in the album (with great artist as Dave Grusin, Jack Sheldon, Clydie King, Irene Kral, Jack Riley, inclus John Williams playing an amazing version of the song composed by himself with Johnny Mercer. Also, the complete dramatic underscore arranged and conducted by John Williams is presented for the first time, including the long "Main Title" montage. 65 minutes of music!

Only 1000 copies were pressed, and will be available for order and shipping the next Friday 7th.

Remember: Nothing says goodbye like a bullet...

Quartet Records is very proud to present the world premiere release of the HENRY MANCINI original score for SUNSET, a pseudo-western set in the Hollywood twenties' directed by Blake Edwards in 1988, starring Bruce Willis and James Garner.

For this film, Mancini wrote probably his last great classic. A real effort that evokes the film music of the past, with a dynamic, powerful Western theme ("The Cowboys"), and a succession of incredible action music. Also, his melodic gift is present in the lovely "Theme for Cheryl", the "Tom Mix Theme", or "The Candy Store".

In this 63 minutes edition, each cue recorded by Mancini for the film is included, with an amazing sound, provides by the sources courtesy of Sony Pictures.

Limited edition of 2000 units. Available for order and shipping the next Friday 7th
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2012
    Also notable because of an uncredited early role for Arnold Schwarzenegger.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  14. News:

LA-LA LAND RECORDS
    STAR TREK UPDATE

It's the 46th anniversary of STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES! And that makes this the perfect occasion to update all of you with some new information regarding our upcoming release of STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION.

First off, thank you everybody for joining our mailing list and for helping us determine what the amount of the limited edition run will be.

We are now able to officially announce that this 15-CD box set will be released as a limited edition of 6000 units.

The retail price will be $224.98

We are still aiming for a late November 2012 release date and are currently on track to achieve that. You will be receiving further updates soon regarding the release date, content specifics and more!

Have a great weekend!

La-La Land Records
  15. I hope that the release date for this does not slip back to nearer Christmas. Increases the chance of getting lost in all that extra post.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  16. "Comning soon" from LLLR:

"My Uncle Rafael"
    By: Joey Newman and Christopher Westlake
  17. For the time being, Intrada's September 18th releases appear to have been guessed; it's not 100% yet:

"The Mountain Men" (Michel Legrand)
    "Meatballs" (Bernstein) (including the songs)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2012
    Timmer wrote
    Also notable because of an uncredited early role for Arnold Schwarzenegger.

...in a scene that also has Mark Rydell acting (the director/actor who ALSO had a fruitful relationship with John Williams).

So lots of stuff going on there.

I always think it's hilarious to think that Arnold starred in a Robert Altman film! smile
    I am extremely serious.
  18. Next up from Chelsea Rialto Studio (no date announced)

"The Four Poster" (Tiomkin)

Posted today at FSM:

Ray Faiola:

We're getting close to a release announcement, but in the meantime, here's a sample track just for youse guys:

http://chelsearialtostudios.com/letter_of_rejection.mp3

Kritzerland's recent release of "Strategic Air Command", is under 100 copies remaining. That's of course not counting people like SAE who have copies.
  19. justin boggan wrote
    For the time being, Intrada's September 18th releases appear to have been guessed; it's not 100% yet:

"The Mountain Men" (Michel Legrand)
    "Meatballs" (Bernstein) (including the songs)

Okay, update:

"Meatballs" turned out to be wrong. It's now:

"Bound For Glory" (Rosenman)
  20. LLLR strikes:

BLACK RAIN 2 cd set
    MUSIC BY HANS ZIMMER
    LLLCD 1229
    LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS
    RETAIL PRICE: $24.98

PRODUCED BY DAN GOLDWASSER
    MASTERED BY DOUG SCHWARTZ AT MULHOLLAND MUSIC
    LINER NOTES BY TIM GRIEVING
    ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER

La-La Land Records, Capitol Records, and Paramount Pictures are honored to announce an expanded 2 cd set to Hans Zimmer’s score to Ridley Scott’s BLACK RAIN, a pulse pounding 1989 action thriller starring Michael Douglas and Andy Garcia. This modern day classic score ignited a flame in films giving a new voice to the way action films are scored. For years it seemed that every time a trailer came out they used a piece of music from this unforgettable score. Detailed liner notes by Tim Grieving and rich art direction by Dan Goldwasser add to the fantastic listening experience to this fantastic 2 cd set. Disc one features the film’s score. Disc two has the original album remastered plus bonus tracks from the film.

For our next release, we travel through time to the year 2012 and find ourselves face to face with a young and old Bruce Willis with the soundtrack to the new film LOOPER

LOOPER
    MUSIC BY NATHAN JOHNSON
    LLLCD 1227
    RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

In the futuristic action thriller Looper, time travel will be invented - but it will be illegal and only available on the black market. When the mob wants to get rid of someone, they will send their target 30 years into the past, where a "looper" - a hired gun, like Joe (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) - is waiting to mop up. Joe is getting rich and life is good... until the day the mob decides to "close the loop," sending back Joe's future self (Bruce Willis) for assassination.

Looper is perhaps Nathan Johnson’s most unique score to date, featuring a host of indecipherable instruments along with intertwining rhythms and textures. In preparation for the project, Nathan began gathering a wide range of field recordings and then he and his team created a sort of playable, hybrid found-sound orchestra using those original recordings. The results were combined with live strings and horns to produce deep textures featuring pitched industrial fans, tuned treadmills, and a wide range of intricate rhythmic elements — all looping and cycling on themselves at various speeds.

This limited edition release features music NOT found on the digital download.

Tristar Pictures presents Looper, in theaters on September 28, 2012. Cut Narrative and La-La Land Records will be releasing the Looper soundtrack digitally on September 18th and on CD on September 25, 2012.
    The first 100 or so people who purchase this cd directly through the La La Land website (www.lalalandrecords.com) will receive a signed copy by composer Nathan Johnson at no extra charge. Quantities are limited and you are not guaranteed an autograph.

Watch the trailer at:

http://loopermovie.com/

Our third and final release for our September 25th batch will make you scream UNCLE!

MY UNCLE RAFAEL
    MUSIC BY JOEY NEWMAN AND CHRIS WESTLAKE
    LLLCD 1231
    LIMITED EDITION OF 500 UNITS
    RETAIL PRICE: $15.98

When a TV producer is desperate to find a replacement series, she convinces a 71 year-old Armenian, tell-it-like-it-is Uncle to star in a new reality show. Cultures collide when Uncle Rafael is thrown into the Schumacher family household where he, in his own Armenian way, has one week to save an already broken and dysfunctional American family from falling apart. The only rule—everyone must follow his rules!

The award-winning film stars Missi Pyle (The Artist, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory), John Michael Higgins (Yes Man, TVs “Happily Divorced”), Anthony Clark (Yes, Dear), Joe Lo Truglio (Role Models), Rachel Blanchard (Road Trip), Carly Chaikin (Suburgatory), and Sage Ryan (Piranha).

Based on characters from the famous, award-winning Armenian stage comedy “Rafael Keri Gandzere,” creator and actor Vahik Pirhamzei plays multiple roles in the film including Uncle Rafael himself.

Composers Newman and Westlake help bring to life this charming comedy with a rich, thematic score worthy of the “Newman” name. This limited edition release also features the song “Rafael” performed by Smith and Pyle (Shawnee Smith and Missi Pyle).

The first 100 or so people who purchase this cd directly through the La La Land website (www.lalalandrecords.com) will receive a signed copy by the composers at no extra charge. Quantities are limited and you are not guaranteed an autograph.

Watch the trailer at:

http://myunclerafael.com/

These 3 cds go on sale next Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 1 pm pst at

www.lalalandrecords.com

and other fine online soundtrack retailers
  21. So, in the case of Looper, La-La Land Records is offering in their CD MORE music than is available via download? Now there's a novel selling point. For me, in this case, more is definitely not better. I found this unlistenable.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  22. The next Kritzerland is:

"The Rat Race" (Bernstein)

[...] The first ever release of one of Elmer's greatest 50s/early 60s scores - in stereo - with that incredible theme that's one of his best [...]
  23. Posted in the He-Man (original animated series) thread at FSM, by LLLR, in reference to the DVD box set which includes a CD (with 11 tracks; likely the same 11 tracks from the old French LP):

If you are already buying the set because you are a MOTU fan like moi, then please do so. If you are buying the set JUST for the cd you might want to wait.

Just sayin'. . .

wink

MV
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2012
    justin boggan wrote

BLACK RAIN 2 cd set
    MUSIC BY HANS ZIMMER
    LLLCD 1229
    RETAIL PRICE: $24.98

PRODUCED BY DAN GOLDWASSER
    MASTERED BY DOUG SCHWARTZ AT MULHOLLAND MUSIC
    LINER NOTES BY TIM GRIEVING
    ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER

La-La Land Records, Capitol Records, and Paramount Pictures are honored to announce an expanded 2 cd set to Hans Zimmer’s score to Ridley Scott’s BLACK RAIN, a pulse pounding 1989 action thriller starring Michael Douglas and Andy Garcia. This modern day classic score ignited a flame in films giving a new voice to the way action films are scored. For years it seemed that every time a trailer came out they used a piece of music from this unforgettable score. Detailed liner notes by Tim Grieving and rich art direction by Dan Goldwasser add to the fantastic listening experience to this fantastic 2 cd set. Disc one features the film’s score. Disc two has the original album remastered plus bonus tracks from the film.

Just bought this. I hope that it'll sound significantly better than the boot that I've been listening to. I imported the original at about the same price too. Full circle.
  24. Yes, the sound is much better, I listened to clips.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  25. When I'll organize some cash, it'll be mine as well.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2012
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Yes, the sound is much better, I listened to clips.

No need for clips when it's ZIMMER! LOL!

Their next release better be Bird on a Wire!!!!