• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2014
    Martijn wrote
    Captain Future wrote

The technical flaws were improved over time.

They have better flaws now? biggrin

(I shouldn't joke, really: the Dutch are setting themselves up for a very similar abysmal failure. Everyone knows it, everyone hates it...and we still plow ahead. slant )

Same here in the UK.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Coming from Shore's CD label Howe Records, complete and remastered (exact dates no specified officially by the label yet):

"Crash"
    "Naked Lunch"
    "Dead Ringers
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2014
    There is a new 6 CD compilation from Silva called the "Essential Hans Zimmer"
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  2. It will be interesting to see what more to Crash there actually is compared with what's already available.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2014
    I too would be interested in seeing about Crash
    Tom
  3. sdtom wrote
    I too would be interested in seeing about Crash
    Tom

I love the whole soundscape that Shore created with his score for Crash. I am not sure how much more is in the film that isn't already on the album though - though there may be some unused music or previous versions of cues that may be available for release on any "complete" version. Here's hoping!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2014
    I just received a brand new recording of "Film Music of Alfred Hitchcock with new revisions by John Maureci. The Danish National Symphony is in top form. Will review. It has 81 minutes on one CD.
    Tom
  4. DISCONTINUATION ALERT

Going bye-bye September 8 from Intrada:

Distant Thunder (Maurice Jarre)
    Fire Birds (David Newman)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2014
    there will be a contest for an Alfred Hitchcock giveaway
    Tom
  5. New from Quartet:

SUMMER RENTAL / CRITICAL CONDITION
    Music Composed and Conducted by Alan Silvestri
    Limited Edition of 1000 units
    Release date: 08/26/2014

World premiere release of two eighties comedy scores composed by legendary American composer Alan Silvestri (The Delta Force, Romancing the Stone, Back to the Future, Forrest Gump, The Avengers, Cosmos)

Summer Rental (1985) was directed by Carl Reiner (Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid, The Man With Two Brains, That Old Feeling) and starred John Candy, Richard Crenna and Rip Thorn. For this comedy, Silvestri provided a hot and catchy Caribbean sound along with full-orchestral action cues.

Critical Condition (1987), a successful vehicle for the late actor Richard Pryor, was directed by Michael Apted (Gorky Park, Class Action, Nell). The short score by Alan Silvestri has been eagerly requested by collectors over the years, but has remained unreleased until now. This score belongs to the era when the composer was making the most use of electronics, mixing Synclavier, saxophone and full orchestra in some passages.

Both scores have been sourced from stereo session masters vaulted at Paramount Pictures and sound stunning. Package includes a full-color 12-page booklet with liner notes by Andy Dursin.

This release of Summer Rental and Critical Condition fills a sizable gap from the breakthrough period in Alan Silvestri’s film scoring career. The collective energy of the two scores is simply, undeniably infectious.

This title is available for order and shipping from now. Please visit www.quartetrecords.com

UN GENIO, DUE COMPARI, UN POLLO / SONNY & JED
    Music Composed and Conducted by Ennio Morricone
    Limited Edition of 500 units
    Release date: 08/26/2014

Remastered reissue with two long out-of-print and hard-to-find Ennio Morricone pop comedy-western scores, composed during his final period of work in the genre.

Un genio, due compari, un pollo (aka The Genius, 1975) was produced by Morricone’s long-time partner Sergio Leone, directed by Damiano Damiani (L’isola di Arturo, Confessione di un commissario, Quien Sabe?) and starred Terence Hill and Miou-Miou. The score composed and conducted by Ennio Morricone is among one of his best efforts for the genre, full of different leitmotifs and themes, including the cue “Cavalcata…Per Elisa,” one of the most bizarre and remarkable pieces of music created by the Roman maestro.

La Banda J. & S. – Cronaca Criminale del Far West (aka Sonny & Jed, 1972), was directed by spaghetti-western maestro (and frequent Morricone collaborator) Sergio Corbucci (Il Mercenario, Il Grande Silenzio, Navajo Joe, I Crudeli) and starred Tomas Milian, Susan George and Telly Savalas. For this road-western about two outcast criminals running away from a bounty hunter, Morricone provided a short but consistently delightful score, dominated by a memorable main theme and featuring a beautiful love theme, played by the harmonica of Franco De Gemini.

Both scores have been previously issued on LP and CD (The Genius from the Hexacord label, and Sonny & Jed from Digitmovies), but each sold out quickly and has been out of print for years. Now, full remastered by Claudio Fuiano and Daniel Winkler from first-generation master tapes (courtesy of Sugar) these two essential westerns scores are reborn. The package includes a 16-page full color booklet with liner notes and a detailed cue-by-cue analysis by Randall D. Larson.

This title is available for order and shipping from now!. Please visit www.quartetrecords.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    The Silvestri looks very interesting. I love 80s Silvestri -- both the synth and orchestral stuff.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    thanks for keeping us up to date.
    Tom
  6. Oh my goodness, the second Morricone title has singing of a character name: "Sssssooooonnnyyyyy". It brigns back nightmares of "Rrrooooobooocop"
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Got the new MMM releases today in the mail.
    Tom
  7. According to Music Box Records today at the FSM forum:

About sales... Fast and Furious!

At this moment LA RÉVOLUTION FRANÇAISE is our best-selling title in a short time.

It's only 1,500 copies, and it's going fast.....
  8. I forgot to post this -- discount sale on a number of FSM titles:

FSM BLOW OUT SALE! 25% most Film Score Monthly titles. Limited quantities available, get them before they are gone! Sale ends Monday, September 1st at 12 Midnight Eastern Time! No discount code needed, prices have been marked down.
  9. Another sale:

RobinEsterhammer:

From now until Tuesday, 9/2, we are giving 20% off everything. That includes hew releases, re-releases, old releases, OOP and One-of-a-kind; posters, lobby cards and books; or, simply put: EVERYTHING! STOREWIDE! Just enter promo code "LaborDay20". Spread the word.
  10. justin boggan wrote
    According to Music Box Records today at the FSM forum:

About sales... Fast and Furious!

At this moment LA RÉVOLUTION FRANÇAISE is our best-selling title in a short time.

It's only 1,500 copies, and it's going fast.....

Another update from their Facebook page in the quantities:
    Less than 500 copies available.
    More than 1000 copies sold in 5 days!
  11. Update from La La Land Records:

Sorry for the delay. It's been a hectic week.

We do have two titles coming up on Tuesday, September 9, 2014 at 12 pm pst:

Field of Lost Shoes (Frederik Wiedmann)
    Eye for An Eye (James Newton Howard)

More info will be posted later tonight on our fb page regarding these titles.

We will NOT be doing a flyer this month because we still don't know what will be ready in time for Sept 23. Right now 4 titles are vying for that spot. Two...possibly three will make it. Waiting on final artwork approval on 3 of them and revised publishing info on the 4th. Ah, such is life in the world of soundtrack producing.

MV
  12. Low quantity alert from Film Score Monthly:

Titles with fewer than 100 remaining in stock:

FSM0911 7 FACES OF DR. LAO 88
    FSM0305 A GUIDE FOR THE MARRIED MAN 20
    FSM0609 ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN 5 (!!!!)
    FSM0802 ATLANTIS: THE LOST CONTINENT / THE POWER 12 (SOLD OUT: Sept. 5)
    FSM1111 AUNTIE MAME / ROME ADVENTURE 86
    FSM0616 BROTHERS KARAMAZOV (1958) 90
    FSM0910 CHIPS VOL. 1: SEASON TWO (1978-79) 90
    FSM0711 CIMARRON 26
    FSM1004 DAMN THE DEFIANT! / BEHOLD A PALE HORSE 28
    FSM0402 HOW TO MARRY A MILLIONAIRE 79
    FSM0602 ICE STATION ZEBRA (COMPLETE) 46
    FSM0713 I'LL CRY TOMORROW 96
    FSM0817 INVITATION / A LIFE OF HER OWN 74
    FSM0806 JERICHO / THE GHOSTBREAKER 89
    FSM1016 KLUTE / ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN 24 (SOLD OUT: Sept. 7)
    FSM0205 PRINCE OF FOXES 75
    FSM0712 RIDE THE HIGH COUNTRY / MAIL ORDER BRIDE 14
    FSM1405 ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS 44
    FSM0413 THE BRAVADOS 56
    FSM0707 THE FASTEST GUN ALIVE / HOUSE OF NUMBERS 83
    FSM0818 THE GETAWAY: THE UNUSED SCORE 37
    FSM1209 THE HEART IS A LONELY HUNTER 32
    FSM0309 THE STRIPPER / NICK QUARRY 84
    FSM1210 THE THIEF WHO CAME TO DINNER 74
    FSM0604 THX 1138 59
    FSM1203 TIME AFTER TIME (LIMIT ONE PER CUSTOMER) 50

Lukas
  13. LLLR's update:

Thundercats (Kevin Kleisch)
    15 copies left!
    http://lalalandrecords.com/Site/Thundercats.html

Wonder Woman (Christopher Drake)
    6 copies left!
    http://lalalandrecords.com/Site/WonderWoman.html
  14. I highly recommend Thundercats, by the way. Two hours of sheer entertaining orchestral (well...sampled, but pretty decently) action music.
  15. Another re-recording coming from Prometheus (master tapes are missing for the original score):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXQUDywVLNs
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2014
    justin boggan wrote
    Another re-recording coming from Prometheus (master tapes are missing for the original score):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXQUDywVLNs

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2014
    Lakeshore Records is releasing Rupert Gregson-Williams's score for Postman Pat: The Movie.
  16. Southall wrote
    Lakeshore Records is releasing Rupert Gregson-Williams's score for Postman Pat: The Movie.

Is this another one of your jokey posts?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    No. I laughed out loud when I just read the email.
  17. Southall wrote
    No. I laughed out loud when I just read the email.

If it doesn't have the original song then I'm just not interested! (I never thought that I'd say that about a score release!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    what the...?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    The original Postman Pat series is a crucial part of my childhood and kiddie television upbringing. But what they're doing with it now comes off as a "rape" more than anything. Then again, it's not 1981 anymore and I'm not a kid, so what do I know?
    I am extremely serious.