• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2016 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    A comment from Quartet:

Sadly, we had received a return from one UK distributor of some titles (including a few units of some out-of-print titles as L'ingenua, The Light of the Edge of the World or L'atenzione). Fortunately from the around 80 units we had of "Fear" four months ago, we are sitting now in less of 25.

For obscure titles and, above all, Italian soundtracks, we will return to stricktly limited pressings of 300 units (in a few cases 500). The market is oversaturated and no longer works.

Yeah, catering to a niche market IS a risk.
    Kronos Records do the same (limit to 300), and it seems to suit Godwin well.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. In an FSM thread somebody asked why there hasn't been a release of the Pink Panther film score "A Shot in the Dark", to which I quoted Quartet about it being hard and it's something LLLR or Intrada would probably have to do, MV chimed in with good news:

Maybe coming for its 52nd anniversary (as opposed to its originally planned 50th anniversary release in 2015)

smile

EDIT: (September, 2016)

This could have been for "The Great Race".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. La La Land will be releasing the score to the new Adam West/Burt Ward animated adventure due in October, titled "Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders". Tentively due out in October as well.

The composers: Lolita Ritmanis, Michael McCuistion and Kristopher Carter.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. Updates from Roger over at the Intrada forum on "The Ten Commandments" 6CD set that was going to be announced today:

And here comes the bad news. April Fools!! No, I jest. The release is real. But I just heard from the plant this morning that the slip case with the fancy gold foil lettering for the title will take an extra TWO WEEKS. So, I apologize for the late breaking disappointing news, but I will try to give out additional info to help us all get through two more weeks of waiting.

In the meantime, not nearly as epic we do have another release to put in its place. This one is an oddball because it's a reissue of a title still in print in our catalog. But Doug and I both felt something things needed to be changed. So here you go.

No preorders on TC, you'll have to wait. The reissue won't necessarily appeal to people who already have it. It's essentially the same contents. I'm sure a few people who were unhappy will spring for the upgrade, but we figured we could improve it so we'll out what we currently had with a better version and keep selling until interest runs out. So it will be a minor release.

Glory shot of the box case and discs (like LLLR usually does) for TTC:
    https://scontent.fsnc1-3.fna.fbcdn.net/ … e=5854EE6E
  4. What the hell do they put on 6 CDs? The score, some album re-recording, outtakes, the Man Theme sung by Adele, Justin Bieber and Paul McCartney?

Honestly to me the music always sounded more like a western than a Biblical epic. Yet I do have a fantastic suite somewhere that I need to find.

Volker

Edit: I found two. One by Prague/Raine on their dedicated album and the other by Cincinnati/Kunzel on "Hollywood's Greatest Hits Vol. 2".
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  5. The next Caldera Records release is an obscure one:
    "The Welts" (2004)
    By: Adrian Konarski

Other details:

- Film about a troubled young man trying to overcome his demons
    - Including several other cues by the composer from the course of his career
    - 80 mins running time

Here is a 5 min suite from the score - enjoy!
    https://soundcloud.com/alderaecords/cal … er-release
  6. Star Trek updates from LLLR:

Yesterday: the 50th anniversary set with odds and ends, due Black Friday (November 30)

Posted today:

Enterprise Vol 2 is late September or early October. Waiting on final sign off.

VOYAGER is January 2017.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2016 edited
    Captain Future wrote
    What the hell do they put on 6 CDs? The score, some album re-recording, outtakes, the Man Theme sung by Adele, Justin Bieber and Paul McCartney?

Honestly to me the music always sounded more like a western than a Biblical epic. Yet I do have a fantastic suite somewhere that I need to find.

Volker

Edit: I found two. One by Prague/Raine on their dedicated album and the other by Cincinnati/Kunzel on "Hollywood's Greatest Hits Vol. 2".

I'm with you. I like it but I've never been a big fan of this ( Rozsa, Newman, Nascimbene, Jarre and Waxman for me by far when it comes to Biblical epics ) and yes, some of it does sound more suited to a Western. I can name plenty of Bernstein scores I like more. I really hope it sells well but I won't be purchasing.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. .
  8. Not a CD, but still good news from some people. Posted at FSM a little bit ago:

Posted by Twilight Time on Facebook:

The superb thriller EYE OF THE NEEDLE will be available for pre-order next Wednesday, 31st Aug at 4 pm EST...NOTE: a special treat for Miklos Rozsa fans in store -- the isolated score track is the first ever release of the original tracks, featuring music withdrawn from the film prior to release -- a real find!
  9. Releases for the month of September, from Quartet:

http://115.imagebam.com/download/OOlXP9 … /Q-S16.jpg
  10. Waurtet, you say?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  11. There's been a visit from the Edit Fairy!
  12. DISCONTINUATION ALERT

You have until September 12 to get the following from Intrada:

Congo" (Goldsmith)
    (SOLD OUT August 30)

"The Aviator" (Fontiere)
    http://www.store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9696/.f‎
  13. New release coming:

Penta Music is proud to present the world premiere CD release of SPACE: 1999, featuring the original motion picture soundtrack of the Italian theatrical version composed by two-time Oscar-winner Ennio Morricone.
    SPACE: 1999 premiered in Italian theatres on January 14, 1975, and was created through the process of editing together three episodes from season one of the TV series: 'Breakaway,' 'Ring Around the Moon' and 'Another Time, Another Place.'

The theatrical release of SPACE: 1999 predated the series' debut on Italian television by a year, with the first six episodes being broadcast from January 31, 1976. Six more episodes followed in July and the remaining twelve episodes in the fall of the same year.

The series' original iconic score was not used for the Italian theatrical version (the series originally premiered on British television on September 4, 1975), instead being replaced with a fascinating score by Ennio Morricone, who composed original material featuring frantic jazz themes and futuristic electronic sequences reminiscent of Barry Gray's work on UFO.

This release also includes avant-garde material by Morricone that was carefully selected as background music for various scenes in the movie, taken directly from the RCA promotional series of library vinyl LPs titled 'Dimensioni Sonore,' performed by symphonic orchestra and presented here in full stereo. Also included is the final large orchestral theme heard over the end credits, featuring vocals by Edda Dell'Orso and I Cantori Moderni di Alessandroni. This theme was reused for the 1979 mini-series Orient Express, again scored by Ennio Morricone.

The CD has a running time of 70:11 and comes with a full-color, 20-page booklet containing archive stills, a foreword from Fanderson chairman Nick Williams (the official Fanderson UK fan club) and plot synopses and credits for the three original episodes.

This release was officially approved by ITV Studios and will be available from September 13, 2016, the day in which the moon separated from Earth's orbit in SPACE: 1999 (also coming soon on double-LP from Death Waltz Recording Company!).

Mastering by Claudio Fuiano & Daniel Winkler – Artistic supervision by Claudio Fuiano

1. Follia nello spazio 4:23
    2. Proporzionale 5:37
    3. Elettronica (#1) 2:27
    4. Convergenze 3:40
    5. Fasi 3:45
    6. Elettronica (#2) 2:43
    7. Follia nello spazio (#2) 3:42
    8. Conduzione 6:46
    9. Elettronica (#3) 1:22
    10. Parallasse 3:10
    11. Suoni di una nuova civiltà 2:13
    12. Costante 3:31
    13. Follia nello spazio (#3) 3:26
    14. Elettronica (#4) 2:13
    15. Interposizione 2:42
    16. Elettronica (#5) 2:21
    17. Studio 12:16
    18. Spazio 1999 3:12

TOTAL TIME 70:11 (STEREO)

http://www.beatrecords.it/shop.asp?ling … scita=prox
  14. New releases from Music Box Records:

L'HOMME PRESSÉ • LE BEAUJOLAIS NOUVEAU EST ARRIVÉ...
    Original Motion Picture Soundtracks
    Music Composed by Carlo Rustichelli

World Premiere CD release.
    8-page CD booklet with French and English liner notes by Gilles Loison.
    Limited Collector’s Edition.

Ref: MBR-098
    Release Date: September 12, 2016

In collaboration with Gruppo Sugar, Music Box Records is pleased to present on the same CD two original motion picture soundtracks composed by Carlo Rustichelli: L'Homme pressé (The Hurried Man, 1977) directed by Édouard Molinaro and Le beaujolais nouveau est arrivé (The New Beaujolais Wine Has Arrived, 1978) directed by Jean-Luc Voulfow.

Based on the novel by the French writer Paul Morand, L’Homme pressé tells the story of a busy Paris antiques dealer who struggles against the running of time by living each moment of his existence to the fullest. The film stars Alain Delon, Mireille Darc, Michel Duchaussoy and Monica Guerritore. The score by Carlo Rustichelli has a strong melancholic theme coming in a range of variations.

Le Beaujolais nouveau est arrivé is a French-style road movie, loosely based on René Fallet’s eponymous novel. The film stars Jean Carmet, Michel Galabru and Pierre Mondy. Carlo Rustichelli composed a recurring tune (a very light ritornello) that follows the trio’s wanderings all along the film.

The CD features the two expanded scores previously released on LPs, in their first-ever complete presentations. The 8-page booklet features an essay by Gilles Loison discussing both films and scores.

TRACK LISTING:

L'HOMME PRESSÉ
    1. Générique - La quiétude (1:50)
    2. L'Homme pressé (Thème 2) (2:26)
    3. L'Homme pressé (L'affrontement) (1:29)
    4. L'Homme pressé (Thème 3) (3:25)
    5. L'Homme pressé (Venise) (0:53)
    6. L'Homme pressé (Les fouilles) (1:08)
    7. L'Homme pressé (L'Afrique) (0:55)
    8. L'Homme pressé (L'appartement) (1:32)
    9. L'Homme pressé (La course) (1:06)
    10. L'Homme pressé (Le cardiologue) (1:12)
    11. L'Homme pressé (Thème d'amour) (1:51)
    12. L'Homme pressé (Le vase étrusque) (1:30)
    13. L'Homme pressé (La naissance) (1:24)
    14. L'Homme pressé (Vente aux enchères) (1:32)
    15. Générique fin - La conquête (2:02)
    Time • 24:55

LE BEAUJOLAIS NOUVEAU EST ARRIVÉ...
    16. Le beaujolais nouveau est arrivé (Générique) (1:40)
    17. Le beaujolais nouveau est arrivé (La banlieue) (2:00)
    18. Le beaujolais nouveau est arrivé (L'aventure) (2:12)
    19. Le beaujolais nouveau est arrivé (Le restaurant) (2:02)
    20. Le beaujolais nouveau est arrivé (La quête) (2:47)
    21. Le beaujolais nouveau est arrivé (L'idylle) (1:23)
    22. Le beaujolais nouveau est arrivé (La bagarre) (2:07)
    23. Le beaujolais nouveau est arrivé (Sacré Gaston) (0:55)
    24. Le beaujolais nouveau est arrivé (Générique fin) (3:11)
    Time • 18:40

Total Time • 43:37

For sound clips and available for order, please visit: http://www.musicbox-records.com/en/3922 … rrive.html

----
    From September 1-18 up to 70% sale off on Music Box Records catalog (except our three latest releases). Don’t miss the big sale!

http://www.musicbox-records.com/en/118- … ox-records

LA CINÉSCÉNIE DU PUY DU FOU (1982-2002)
    Original Music from the Light and Sound Show
    Music Composed and Conducted by Georges Delerue

New remastered expanded edition.
    Over 70 minutes of music.
    16-page CD booklet with French and English liner notes by Florent Groult.

Ref: MBR-100

In collaboration with the Grand Parc du Puy du Fou and Colette Delerue, Music Box Records is very proud to present on CD the complete soundtrack for the spectacular night-time sound and light show La Cinéscénie du Puy du Fou (1982-2002) composed by Georges Delerue.

The show was composed of a huge series of choreographed scenes evoking the history of the Vendée region in Western France and its inhabitants over 700 years, from the Middle Ages to the early 20th Century, relating the fantasized and idealized fate of the Maupilliers, a rural family that has actually existed. The park is a model of cultural success and financial independence, and has been awarded several prizes, among which a Thea Classic Award for Best Park in Los Angeles in 2012 and an Applause Award in Orlando in 2014.

The visitors to Le Puy du Fou in Vendée could admire Georges Delerue's magnificent music between 1982 and 2002. As this epic saga spread over several centuries, it allowed the composer to explore different musical styles. It goes without saying that Georges Delerue's creation was a perfect display of his knowledge of 'period' music. This CD release is itself intended as an experience that will allow everyone to relish the evocative power of this inspired score that has entranced for twenty years each and every spectator of the Cinéscénie du Puy du Fou. From the merriest scene to the most tragic episode, it expresses the whole scope of the quintessence of Georges Delerue’s musical talent: colorful music for full orchestra and chorus with composer's trademark melancholy string gift, gorgeous musical portrait in finest historical idiom, Regal fanfares, flavorful period dances and festivity scenes, disturbing strings suspense, aggressive drama with powerful brass and choir, tuneful melodies for flute over strings, harp, accordion and choral majesty... The music is pure Delerue at his very best.

To mark its 100th CD album and to celebrate its 5th anniversary in 2016, Music Box Records is very delighted to present this complete presentation of one of the most prestigious scores composed and conducted by Georges Delerue, one of our beloved French composers. This present edition has been fully remastered from the original master tapes and features all the music written by the composer (without the narration). The package includes a 16-page booklet with pictures of recording sessions and liner notes by Florent Groult, discussing the creation of the famous historical theme park and the music.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Le Marchand de Quenouilles (02:32)
    2. Le Prélude (01:08)
    3. La Veillée (01:03)
    4. La Quintaine (04:11)
    5. Catherine (01:24)
    6. L'Appel des Bergers (02:38)
    7. Les Vendéens (02:08)
    8. L'Arrivée de François Ier (02:04)
    9. Les Flûtistes (00:55)
    10. Le Départ de François Ier (03:47)
    11. Les Semeuses (01:48)
    12. Annonce de la Guerre (01:10)
    13. La Guerre (02:02)
    14. Les Tambours (01:51)
    15. La Vie Quotidienne (01:34)
    16. La Révolte (02:22)
    17. Les Cavaliers de Charette (01:18)
    18. L'Embrasement du Château (02:29)
    19. Le Pardon de Bonchamps (05:32)
    20. Grâce aux Prisonniers (02:20)
    21. La Petite Fille au Tambour (03:50)
    22. Le Rêve (01:23)
    23. Les Croix (01:57)
    24. La Vie reprend (03:30)
    25. Le Marché (03:30)
    26. La Lettre au Poilu (02:07)
    27. La Tranchée (01:24)
    28. Danse de la Brioche (02:50)
    29. Les Réfugiés des Ardennes (02:09)
    30. Ballet d'Hiver (02:25)
    31. Final (03:37)

Total Time • 74:15

For sound clips and available for order, please visit: http://www.musicbox-records.com/en/3924 … u-fou.html

THE SERPENT (NIGHT FLIGHT FROM MOSCOW) (Expanded)
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
    Music Composed and Orchestrated by Ennio Morricone

New remastered expanded edition supervised by Claudio Fuiano.
    72 minutes of music, including 2 unreleased tracks.
    8-page CD booklet with French and English liner notes by Sylvain Pfeffer.
    Limited Collector’s Edition.

Ref: MBR-099

In collaboration with Warner Chappell, Music Box Records is pleased to present on CD the expanded reissue of the original motion picture soundtrack of Henri Verneuil's Le Serpent (also known as Night Flight from Moscow, 1973) composed by Ennio Morricone and conducted by Bruno Nicolai.

Based on Pierre Nord’s book Le Treizième Suicidé (The Thirteenth Who Committed Suicide, 1969), this Cold War spy movie tells the story of Russian Colonel Vlassov (Yul Brynner), a high ranking KGB official who defects to the West while in France and delivers the Western Intelligence services with information on possible traitors in high places of the Western Security apparatus. Also starring Henry Fonda, Dirk Bogarde, Philippe Noiret, Michel Bouquet and Virna Lisi.

This music perfectly transcribes the cold and emotionless world of the secret services. With Le Serpent, Ennio Morricone gave French cinema one of his most original scores, a mix of radical atonality and exacerbated romanticism.

Supervised and mastered by Claudio Fuiano, this present edition features the same content as the latest CD issued by GDM in 2009. Some slight sound defects from the original master tapes have been reduced and restored, and two previously unreleased tracks have been added to this new album. The CD comes with an 8-page booklet with liner notes by Sylvain Pfeffer, discussing the film and the score.

TRACK LISTING:

Original Album

1. Canzone lontana (4:24)
    2. Nadine (3:20)
    3. Tema per una donna sola (2:37)
    4. Orazione (2:29)
    5. Canzone lontana (1:46)
    6. Parata militare (4:46)
    7. Assassinio sul lago (2:59)
    8. Astrazione con ritmo (4:20)
    9. Il serpente (6:39)
    10. Esplicitamente sospeso (4:42)

Bonus Tracks

11. Il serpente (Radio Music I) (0:57)
    12. Il serpente (Radio Music II) (0:57)
    13. Canzone lontana #3 (1:22)
    14. Assassinio sul lago #2 (2:57)
    15. Orazione #2 (2:22)
    16. Esplicitamente Sospeso #2 (4:52)
    17. Parata militare #2 (3:50)
    18. Canzone lontana #4 (1:51)
    19. Il serpente #2 (4:36)

Maquettes de travail (Demo Tracks)

20. Tema per una donna sola (2:08)
    21. Canzone lontana (2:49)
    22. Il serpente (tema 3)* (2:52)
    23. Il serpente (tema 4)* (2:24)

* previously unreleased

Total Time • 72:15

For sound clips and available for order, please visit: http://www.musicbox-records.com/en/3923-le-serpent.html
  15. Pucker up for this newest release:

AVAILABLE ON 9/13 AT www.lalalandrecords.com

BEGINNING AT 12 NOON (PST)

FERRIS BUELLER’S DAY OFF: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1391
    Contains songs from the film and music by Ira Newborn
    Limited Edition of 5000 Units
    RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

La-La Land Records and Paramount Pictures commemorate the 30th Anniversary of FERRIS BUELLER’S DAY OFF with the world premiere of the official soundtrack album!

Ohh, yeahhh…! Requested by fans for more than three decades, the official, original motion picture soundtrack to the classic John Hughes film, starring Matthew Broderick, Alan Ruck and Mia Sara, has finally arrived in a special, limited edition collector’s CD, featuring songs from the film and the original score by acclaimed composer Ira Newborn (THE NAKED GUN TRILOGY, UNCLE BUCK, PLANES TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES). Long-sought-after and rare song tracks, like BEAT CITY by The Flowerpot Men, (mixed and mastered for this release by original artists Ben Watkins and Adam Peters) and I’M AFRAID by Blue Room (vocal and instrumental versions), make their CD world premieres here, while Sigue Sigue Sputnik’s “Ultraviolence Mix” of LOVE MISSLE F1-11 makes its North American CD debut. Standout tracks such as Yello’s immortal OH YEAH, The Dream Academy’s ballad EDGE OF FOREVER and their museum-scene-instrumental PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME GET WHAT I WANT, Wayne Newton’s parade-show-stopper DANKE SCHOEN, and more are showcased here, as well as the world premiere of composer Ira Newborn’s original score. Bonus Tracks include alternate score and source cues. Produced for La-La Land by Dan Goldwasser and Neil S. Bulk, and mastered in stereo from original vault elements by Stephen Marsh, this special release of 5000 units features revealing, in-depth liner notes by writer Tim Greiving, with new and extensive interview comments from the film’s original music supervisor Tarquin Gotch, the film’s editor Paul Hirsch, and John Hughes’ son, James Hughes!

Due to licensing restrictions, a few of the film’s songs could not be included on this CD, but they are available elsewhere. This celebratory release is a dynamite listen, and its booklet a fascinating and revelatory read – an absolute must for fans. So get yours now, ‘cause even Abe Froman’s going to want one of these!

This release becomes available exclusively at www.LaLaLandRecords.com on 9/13 at 12 noon (PST) and other online soundtrack boutiques.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Love Missile F1-11 (Ultraviolence Mix) 6:58 - Sigue Sigue Sputnik
    2. Oh Yeah 3:07 - Yello
    3. Beat City 3:37 - The Flowerpot Men
    4. B.A.D. 5:47 - Big Audio Dynamite
    5. Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want 3:09 - The Dream Academy
    6. Danke Schoen 2:35 - Wayne Newton
    7. Radio People 5:40 - Zapp
    8. I’m Afraid 4:51 - Blue Room
    9. The Edge of Forever 4:21 - The Dream Academy

ORIGINAL SCORE BY IRA NEWBORN

10. Ferris in Bed 0:57
    11. Cameron in Bed/Ferris Goes Hawaiian 1:44
    12. I’ll Go (unused) 1:02
    13. Nurse 0:11
    14. Ferris on Line 2 0:43
    15. Bueller, Ferris Bueller 0:08
    16. Mom Checks on Ferris 1:40
    17. Jeannie Turns Ugly 0:34
    18. Rooney on Patrol 1:26
    19. Save It, Ferris (unused) 0:40
    20. Rooney Sneaks Around/Star Wars (Main Title) 2:25
    21. Going to Take a Stand (unused) 3:30
    22. Cameron Takes the Heat 0:55
    23. Oh Shauna Jeannie 0:46
    24. He’s Gonna Marry Me (unused) 1:22
    25. Dog Food Rooney/Ferris Goes to Bed 0:59
    26. Mom, Dad and Ferris 1:34

ALTERNATE SCORE CUES

27. Ferris on Line 2 (alternate) 0:41
    28. Theme From Star Trek (unused) 0:30
    29. Cameron Takes the Heat (alternate) 0:57

SOURCE CUES

30. Coughlin Bros. Mortuary 0:27
    31. Celebrated Minuet 1:37
    32. Ballpark Baloney 1:10
    33. Polka Medley 3:18

BONUS TRACKS

34. I’m Afraid (instrumental film version) 4:51 - Blue Room
    35. Twist and Shout (marching band overlay) 2:35

TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 76:45
  16. Coming September 27 from La La Land Records:

"Enterprise" (Volume 2)
    "Less Than Zero" (Thomas Newman)
    "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" (Matthew Margeson & Michael Higham)
  17. Isn't the last one there a Tim Button film? Danny Elfman isn't scoring it?
  18. Reportedly Elfman was too busy. Higman has worked with Elfman for a few years now.
  19. What an odd combination. An Elfman pupil getting cobilling with a Zimmer pupil. Never thought I'd see the day.

Also, before this spring the idea of that score would have bored me to tears, but after hearing the unbelievably delicious Eddie The Eagle, I am extremely excited to hear what Mr. Margeson might have bouncing around in his head when he's free to step outside the stereotypical 21st-century Remote Control sound...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2016
    Same here. He did some good stuff on KICK-ASS 2, but EDDIE THE EAGLE showed some of his true potential. Of course, I doubt PEREGRINE will sound anything like that, but he has the chops, for sure. I'm not too disappointed Elfman won't be doing it. These days, I prefer him more in the indiefilm vein anyway.
    I am extremely serious.
  20. Yeah, I don't expect it to sound like a pre-Media Ventures Zimmer score, but at least we know he is capable of writing in more diverse and interesting styles than his previous all-RC-ish sound. If he's told to try to sound like Elfman it could become quite unique. But we don't know how much involvement each composer had yet. This one kind of snuck up on me, when I see Burton I don't really even bother to check the composer anymore.
  21. Morgan Joylighter wrote
    What an odd combination. An Elfman pupil getting cobilling with a Zimmer pupil. Never thought I'd see the day.

Also, before this spring the idea of that score would have bored me to tears, but after hearing the unbelievably delicious Eddie The Eagle, I am extremely excited to hear what Mr. Margeson might have bouncing around in his head when he's free to step outside the stereotypical 21st-century Remote Control sound...

Eddie the Eagle is a delight indeed, but I was disappointed that the added choir in the finale didn't resurface on CD (Eddie Jumps the 90m). In the film it's really epic. sad
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  22. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Eddie the Eagle is a delight indeed, but I was disappointed that the added choir in the finale didn't resurface on CD (Eddie Jumps the 90m). In the film it's really epic. sad

Oh damn you, ruining my perfect enjoyment of the score wink Oh well...maybe a promo will surface, there are plenty of years in the future for it to do so...
  23. Act fast:

For those who may be interested, we have received a return of some sold out/out-of-stock titles from one of our distributors but in very limited quantities:

LE PARIA : 20
    ENRAGÉS (RABID DOGS) : 12
    REINDEER GAMES : 9
    LES VOLETS CLOS : 25

This is the very last run…

http://www.musicbox-records.com/en/118- … ox-records
  24. New sale from LLLR:

BOLDLY GO…! AND SAVE GREATLY… as La-La Land celebrates 50 YEARS OF STAR TREK with GREAT SALE PRICES!

50 YEARS AGO on 9/8/66, STAR TREK premiered its very first episode on NBC. We celebrate the 50th Anniversary of this beloved and still thriving franchise with some amazing deals on our great TREK CD soundtrack titles:

STAR TREK THE ORIGINAL SERIES 15-CD BOX SET - $200

STAR TREK TNG VOL 1 (3-CD SET) - $20 (less than 300 units left)

STAR TREK TNG VOL 2 (3-CD SET) - $30

STAR TREK DEEP SPACE NINE (4-CD SET) - $40

STAR TREK ENTERPRISE VOL 1 (4-CD SET) - $50

STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE (3-CD SET) - $30

Sale prices start 9/8 at 12noon (PST) and are good thru 9/30.

http://lalalandrecords.com/Site/StarTrek.html
  25. Multiples new titles from Quartet:

Quartet Records is glad to present its 5 new releases:

A MONSTER CALLS
    Music Composed and Conducted by Fernando Velázquez
    Availability date: 09/26/2016

Quartet Records, Back Lot Music, Universal Pictures and Focus Features present the soundtrack album of the eagerly anticipated new collaboration between director J.A. Bayona and composer Fernando Velázquez, after their two previous collaborative triumphs: The Orphanage and The Impossible.

Bayona directs this fantastic drama based on the bestselling and acclaimed book A Monster Calls, written by Patrick Ness (who also wrote the script for the film). Felicity Jones (The Theory of Everything), Liam Neeson (Schindler's List), Sigourney Weaver (Aliens), Toby Kebbel (Fantastic Four), Geraldine Chaplin (Doctor Zhivago) and young Lewis MacDougall (Pan: Journey to Neverland) star in this moving story about a boy seeking the help of a tree monster to cope with his mom's terminal illness.

Fernando Velazquez’s masterfully written score focuses on the character of young Connor, his fears, doubts and feelings. The music encompasses tenderness, sadness and nostalgia, with dramatic passages and soaring climaxes, including powerful percussive passages—masterfully orchestrated and full of delicate nuances. The composer conducts the prestigious Basque Symphony Orchestra and the Orfeón Donostiarra choir.

The album features an original song composed by the famous British group Keane, the only English band other than Radiohead, Oasis and The Beatles to have two LPs on the Q magazine list of the 100 best British albums of all time.

JUSTE LA FINDE DU MONDE
    Music Composed by Gabriel Yared
    Availability date: 09/15/2016

Quartet Records, Idol and MK2 present the original soundtrack for the new collaboration between Gabriel Yared (Betty Blue, Chocolat, The Talented Mr. Ripley, Oscar winner for The English Patient), and Xavier Dolan (Mommy, I Killed My Mother), following their first film together—the thriller Tom at the Farm.

Juste la fin du monde, awarded the Special Jury Prize at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival, is adapted from a play by Jean-Luc Lagarce. The plot concerns an afternoon in the family of a young writer who, after 12 years away, returns to his hometown to announce his imminent death.

Gabriel Yared provides a bittersweet, romantic, deeply nostalgic score, which was recorded at Abbey Road Studios in London.

The album also includes five songs by Camille, Blink-182, Grimes, Exotica and Moby.

SPAIN IN A DAY
    Music Composed and Conducted by Alberto Iglesias
    Availability date: 09/26/2016

Quartet Records, MediaPro and RTVE present the original soundtrack album composed by three-time Academy Award-nominated composer Alberto Iglesias (The Constant Gardener, Julieta, The Two Faces of January, The Kite Runner) for the film documentary Spain in a Day, directed by Isabel Coixet.

Based on Ridley Scott’s Life in a Day, the film Spain in a Day comes to Spain after the success of other adaptations in countries such as Great Britain, Japan and Italy. Currently, the project is also in production elsewhere, such as in Germany and the UAE. The film chronicles 24 hours in the life of Spanish people, created with 404 videos selected from the more than 22,600 filmed by thousands of anonymous Spaniards on October 24, 2015.

The music links all of the stories, and Alberto Iglesias offers a kind of ballet—dancing with rhythm and excitement between the different chapters—classy and fabulously written for an ensemble of 17 musicians.

With echoes of Rota and Delerue, the sweepingly melodic and deeply emotional music sincerely and respectfully represents the joie de vivre of the Spanish people. This score is a great surprise and certainly one of the great efforts of the composer.

CEZANNE ET MOI
    Music Composed by Éric Neveux
    In stock

Quartet Records and Pathé present the original soundtrack written by brilliant composer Eric Neveux (Standing Tall, The Final Lesson, Gazelles) for Danièle Thomson’s new film, starring Guillaume Canet and Guillaume Galliene.

Thompson, a prestigious writer (The Adventures of Rabbi Jacob, Queen Margot, Academy Award nominated for Cousin Cousine) and director (La bûche, Jet Lag, Change of Plans), directs Cézanne et moi, which tells the true history of the friendship between Paul Cézanne and Emile Zola. They left Aix-en-Provence for Paris and quickly became part of the art scene in Montmartre and Batignolles. They hung out in the same places, slept with the same women. They spat on the bourgeoisie (who spat back). They went skinny-dipping, drank absinthe and starved—only to overeat. Sketched models by day, caressed them by night... Traveled thirty hours by train just to watch a sunset... Now, Paul is a painter and Emile a writer. Glory has passed Paul by, but Emile has it all: fame, money, the perfect wife (whom Paul once loved). They judge each other, admire each other, confront each other. They lose touch, meet up again, like a couple who cannot stop loving each other.

Eric Neveux provides a beautiful, sometimes Impressionistic score, a pastoral symphonic poem. The score was recorded at Air Studios in London, with orchestra under the baton of Alastair King.

GERNIKA
    Music Composed and Conducted by Fernando Velázquez
    In stock

Quartet Records presents the original soundtrack album of the new collaboration between Fernando Velázquez (Mama, Zipi y Zape y la isla del capitán, Hercules, Crimson Peak) and director Koldo Serra, following their collaboration on The Backwoods, which was also Velázquez’s first score!

Gernika takes place in the Basque Country of Northern Spain during the country’s turbulent internal struggle in the lead up to World War II. Focused around a love story between journalists caught in times of war, social turmoil and competing politics, Gernika narrates the infamous bombing of the city, which would later inspire Picasso’s eponymous painting. Henry (James D’Arcy), a jaded American journalist who lives off the glory he achieved as a wunderkind journalist during WWI, is covering the northern front of the Spanish Civil War when he meets Teresa (Maria Valverde). An editor of the Republican press fighting for democracy against the advance of Franco and his fascist forces, Teresa finds herself courted by her boss, Vasyl (Jack Davenport), a Russian adviser to the Republican government, yet attracted to the dormant idealism of Henry. The film is centrally set in the press office, revolving around the daily hustle and bustle of international journalists, all trying their best to record the true nature of events transpiring in the world around them.

Composer Fernando Velázquez conducts the Budapest Orchestra and Chorus in an impressive full epic symphonic score, 75 minutes of pure film music composed as in the good old days—romantic, melodic, with a radiant love theme, exciting action music, and a 25-miunute tour-de-force piece for orchestra and choir which accompanies without stop the bombing massacre of Gernika.

For order, more info, and listen audio samples, please visit www.quartetrecords.com
  26. An FSM user asked Harold Faltermeyer about something on HF's Facebook page and got this response:

Thanks! Believe it or not, there will be a score release of BHC 1 & 2 later this fall!!

I know several years ago MV said they weren't possible. I guess thigns have changed. If I had to tak a guess, it'll be LLLR and they would hopefully do the third score.

I wonder if the the score from the unaired 2013 TV pilot, scored by Robert Duncan, will get included?
  27. Sorry, if I'm a bit slow, but BHC?

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.