• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Yeah and nobody quite understands that.

I know for a fact that Hans is *very* conscious of the sounds he wants to get. And he does know how.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2011
    Bregje wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    It's awful. Like many of these re recordings. Both of those Zimmer ones.

But why?
    This answer is not really helping. I want opinions.

(I'm a teacher remember? You have to explain your opinion tongue )

Because they try to approach non orchestral music like zimmer's via orchestral ways. Also they don't have the budget zImmer has and this can be heard. Plus the don't have zimmer's experience with synths and electronics. He is a master. They are amateurs. Good enough ?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Are you so sure they're amateurs or is it, as I think, that they are working with less sophisticated equipment.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2011 edited
    When it comes to combining electronics with orchestra, I'd take Zimmer, people like daft punk etc anyday. Do not underestimate it. Surely there's some differce in equipment, but basically it's all samples and heavy sound editing and sound design from that point onward; is all about culture of the sound and experience. It is very hard and not everyone can do it well. It needs years of experience. Clearly they don't have it. I do not see the slightest reason behind such re recordings, it's one thing to do something brilliant as the rozsa re recordings I.e. of a compeeky orchestral work that wasn't as vibrant and technically great in its initial form, but this is bad and completely useless from a musical point of view. It's just thriving on some fanboys' mania.
  2. They just think that they can convert Hans's rock-infused style into classical orchestral idiom, which doesn't go very well. They do have an electronic band that works for them.

I know a Prague Philharmonic fanboy, trying to prove him he's a fanboy made him quit the forum and everyone lash out against me.

Are the Prague guys amateur? They are people who orchestrated Miklos Rozsa by ear, so they can't be that bad. They just don't know what Hans' music really stands for. They don't get Hans. I wonder what would've happened, had he managed to block the release o Film Music of Hans Zimmer, vol. 1

They even reorchestrated John Williams.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    They just think that they can convert Hans's rock-infused style into classical orchestral idiom, which doesn't go very well. They do have an electronic band that works for them.

I know a Prague Philharmonic fanboy, trying to prove him he's a fanboy made him quit the forum and everyone lash out against me.

Are the Prague guys amateur? They are people who orchestrated Miklos Rozsa by ear, so they can't be that bad. They just don't know what Hans' music really stands for. They don't get Hans. I wonder what would've happened, had he managed to block the release o Film Music of Hans Zimmer, vol. 1

They even reorchestrated John Williams.

They are when it comes to Hans sound. They don't understand his sound. Not everything can be converted to orchestral and that's something any musicologist will tell you. Or even a mature composer. For some cases, it simply cannot be done. Leave it,as it is. Their output on this one is horrible, it's a shame.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Why the hell would anyone want to record Hans Zimmer's music in the first place devil wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Why the hell would anyone want to record Hans Zimmer's music in the first place devil wink

You are so grounded. No beers tonight.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote

Money from fanboys it seems.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Now now, boys. Play nice.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2011
    Thanks for your replies. No time now to respond to them all. Just in short:

I am a fanboy. I buy music I like. I listen, when I like it, I buy. wave
  3. Correction, you are a fangirl. smile

Though I'm not the Prague Philharmonic fanboy, I do have a soft spot for a few of their 90s compilations, especially the Space and Beyond series.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2011
    Over the last ten years they've really come into their own and have done some phenomenal recordings.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Over the last ten years they've really come into their own and have done some phenomenal recordings.

Indeed. Except for Zimmer's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2011
    For HEAVEN'S SAKE will everybody STOP talking about Zimmer in every thread?!? If you want to talk about Zimmer then go to the appropri.... oh...wait...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    The Cover for "Sherlock Holmes 2":
    http://www.watertower-music.com/?p=5403
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Thanks Jordi, for posting this interview on Facebook. Enjoyed it a lot!
    http://youtu.be/A-qcRt3J27o

I got the Inception App too, it's fun!! I'll hear more music in a couple of minutes. The sleep dream can be heard after 11 pm....
    dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2011
    What inception app?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    If you listen to the interview Hans explains about an Inception App they made, releasing some music through an iPhone App, so I looked in the iTunes store and it is free for download. (Inception App - Remote Control)

You can listen to music and you enter different dreams where the sounds around you mix with it in a eerie dreamy way. There are dreams that you can only open in certain circumstances such as a sunny day, loud places or at a certain place or time. There is also the shared dream where sounds mix when someone else is near who also has this App. We tried that one too. Very creative and fun thing by Remote Control.

I could only enter three dreams last night. The sleep dream didn't work. The rest I'll have to wait for a sunny day or when I'm travelling fast or something! Or go to Mombasa...
    wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hmm lemme check that out wink thanks
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Yay! I've unlocked the Sunshine Dream. Everything sounds very watery.
    Still waiting for music though... I think I have to be still. Oh, there it is. Even typing on the keyboard was too much noise I guess. I'm going to be still and wait now.
    spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Well well well... tomorrow is full moon night so I can induce the Full Moon Dream really soon! moon
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    I've heard all of the Prague recordings and was extremely disappointed in how amateur those all sounded.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    lp wrote
    I've heard all of the Prague recordings and was extremely disappointed in how amateur those all sounded.

Exactly my point beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2011
    lp wrote

I still haven't heard everything from the 'download MP3 album' if that's what it's called. So my opinion hasn't changed: some things sound weird by the soundclips (and on YouTube) but I really really like Woad to Ruin, also because it is a 7:00 minutes version instead of the 11:30 minutes on the soundtrack album.

I'll ask my hubby tonight how this download thing works so I can get only the tracks I like. Perhaps 160 BPM as well. The rest I still have to listen closely and make up my mind.

Did anyone get the Inception App by the way? Last night I finally noticed how it really works. Instead of entering some dreams by myself from the map, I got into dreams because of being still or being active. I was about to go to sleep so I was still and got the Still Dream, but that one isn't relaxing at all... Creepy sounds and then when I had almost fallen asleep... a train passes!! So I put on the Sunshine Dream which was a lot better, hearing rain and water and such.

Sorry I go on about the app, it's just that I don't have that many apps, because I don't use my mobile for that kind of things much. Most of the apps I have is what Maykel put on my phone. Apps I wanted myself are: Leme Cam, Wordfeud, the satellites apps and now the Inception app. It's all a bit new to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregje wrote
    Creepy sounds and then when I had almost fallen asleep... a train passes!!

biggrin

Made me laugh!
    I can just picture you standing straight up in bed at that, hair on end and eyes wide as saucers!

"Apps" to me are just programs.
    You need something specific done, you install the program.
    For the rest it's just Apple (and its successors/imitators) being all interesting about it. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Bregje wrote
    Thanks Jordi, for posting this interview on Facebook. Enjoyed it a lot!
    http://youtu.be/A-qcRt3J27o

I got the Inception App too, it's fun!! I'll hear more music in a couple of minutes. The sleep dream can be heard after 11 pm....
    dizzy

I want it for Android!! sad((
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I got it installed but haven't had the time to check it out yet....how does it work exactly ? What does it do?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Jordi, as long as we have your attention -- what's happening with the pic you took with Zimmer in Ghent?

We all want to see it!!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Thor wrote
    Jordi, as long as we have your attention -- what's happening with the pic you took with Zimmer in Ghent?

We all want to see it!!

Add me to facebook. Hans commented the picture on my profile XP