• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2007
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=39931

One of the best marketting campaigns I seen since ID4
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Wow...

Lord Becket suite seems very diferent in orchestrations than Lord Pirate of Singapore....But If you listen "singapore" from the original cd you can notice a copy and paste of this 2 suites and they blend perfectly!!!!

Amazing job in the orchestrations!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote

Amazing job in the orchestrations! [/blue]

...or in the mixing room....
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    The suites are amazing. The ideas for the Lord Cutler Beckett, including It's Just Business, seems to be beckoning a thundering action movie to accompany it. Anyone notices that military rhythm from The Peacemaker? The The Chinese music seems so authentic (especially in the erhu passage) in its melody that my wife can believe that it's not written by an Chinese composer. The love suite is so good and the sub theme is such classic Hans Zimmer and the action version is clearly the core of "Up Is Down" that I couldn't help but smile.

"Singapore" from the official release wasn't a cut and paste job in its entirety. Some material was slapped together, but the connective materials really unified them together.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    SoundtrackNet and Remote Control are excited to bring one lucky reader a chance to win an autographed copy of the news Pirates of the Caribbean: Soundtrack Treasures Collection box set!

Featuring all three soundtracks for the hit trilogy, the box set also contains a new fourth disc with suites, demos and remixes. Also included is a bonus DVD that with behind the scenes footage, featurettes on the making of the music and interviews with composer Hans Zimmer.

Only one person can win the Hans Zimmer-signed box set, and so be sure to enter today!

http://www.soundtrack.net/contest/?id=piratestreasures
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    NOW could someone give me rating as to the box set: was it worth buying the whole set for discs 4 and 5?
    (Thanks for the link dgoldwas)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2007 edited
    My own At world's End cd.

1-Hoist the colours
    2-Singapore
    3-At witt's End
    4-Multiple jacks
    5-Up is Down
    6-I see dead people in Boats
    7-Lord Becket Suite (because of Beckets scene with jack)
    8-Lord Pirates Of Singapore (because Shao feng scene with Elisabeth)
    9-The brethren courth
    10-The Heart of Davey Jones (Because Jones Scene with Tia Dalma)
    11-Parlay
    11-Calypso
    12-What shall we die for
    13-I don't think now is the best time
    14-Just Good Bussines (because it has a more agressive end than " I dont think.." and because it's very similar in orchestratons)"
    15-Drink Up Me Hearties
    16-Hoist the Colours Suite (because is the end credits music)
    17-Marry me

how the movie has a bad characters devoplment you can't get a better realease than this even with the comple score. It's a 90 minuts of an epic, adventure fantastic journey.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2007
    Can Anyone say what is this kind of Harp and Crystal sound in "Lord Becket suite" please???

Oh....listening Up is Down was a nice experience, fresh and welcomed but I never expected miss so much this kind of musular sound of Lord Becket or Just good busines.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It sounds like some kind of dulcimer or harpsichord to me but i am not sure they're organic or electronic sounds. Same goes for the crystal sounds, could by anything from tiny orchestral bells to synth stuff although this, i think it's orchestral bells. Sorry i can't be more specific.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Hans Zimmer is my idol and will always be! PoTC - AWE is undoubtebly the best score of the year, it blows the previous two PoTC scores right out of the water, IMHO! The best track has to be "What Shall we Die For", the chorals blew me away on first listen! Though I was disappointed to see that so much of the action music from the final battle is unreleased. I hope there's a complete release one day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2007
    DemonStar wrote
    Hans Zimmer is my idol and will always be! PoTC - AWE is undoubtebly the best score of the year, it blows the previous two PoTC scores right out of the water, IMHO! The best track has to be "What Shall we Die For", the chorals blew me away on first listen! Though I was disappointed to see that so much of the action music from the final battle is unreleased. I hope there's a complete release one day.

Wow...I missed this post!!!

Im with u Man!!! Every single note from AWE is absolutly stunning!

What shall we die for is one of the best zimmer anthems!

JUST FOR THE RECORD...

" AT wit's End" ....The Beggining with the love theme played by horns (with a really sensation of the sunset), some little chimes and little bells...then the etheral chorus for the Davey Jones world....then the love theme as a fanfarre....then davey jones played with a music box...... PERFECT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    " AT wit's End" ....The Beggining with the love theme played by horns (with a really sensation of the sunset), some little chimes and little bells...then the etheral chorus for the Davey Jones world....then the love theme as a fanfarre....then davey jones played with a music box...... PERFECT

Agree. Eight minutes of pure sense of adventure and drama. I particularly enjoy when the choir starts singing at the 2:00 minutes mark (too bad that in the movie this moment didn´t shine because some stupid dialogue), and when wa hear Davy Jones´s theme and the love theme at the same time at the 4:44 minute mark. Amazing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    " AT wit's End" ....The Beggining with the love theme played by horns (with a really sensation of the sunset), some little chimes and little bells...then the etheral chorus for the Davey Jones world....then the love theme as a fanfarre....then davey jones played with a music box...... PERFECT

Agree. Eight minutes of pure sense of adventure and drama. I particularly enjoy when the choir starts singing at the 2:00 minutes mark (too bad that in the movie this moment didn´t shine because some stupid dialogue), and when wa hear Davy Jones´s theme and the love theme at the same time at the 4:44 minute mark. Amazing.

Yeap! This Choir is AMAZING. It can be heard in the movie after the "Up is Down" sequence too ( one of the greatest fantasy scenes I see in a while), and you can see Zimmer scoring it in some Making of the score.

In fact I love this score because Zimmer had the chance to create more fantasy atmosphere, like he never have done before. "i see dead people in boats" contains some pretty damn good choir, echoing the souls of davey Jones.

Fantasy, Adventure, Romance, comedy, Surrealism, Songs.....What I said...Zimmer recorded 5 hours of music, one of his most accomplished scores ever!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    Fantasy, Adventure, Romance, comedy, Surrealism, Songs.....What I said...Zimmer recorded 5 hours of music, one of his most accomplished scores ever!

Yeap, he created a bunch of great new themes (and improved the others: Davy Jones, Becket´s, etc), one of those, the Love Theme, is gonna be one of the highlights of his career.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    What Do you think are the best theme by Zimmer? (i ask this to everyone) beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    1) The earth theme from Gladiator and
    2) "Journey to the Line" - The thin Red line
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2007 edited
    1) "Earth" theme from Gladiator
    2) "Rose of Arimathea" theme from The Da Vinci Code
    3) "Mufasa / Simba" theme from The Lion King
    4) "God" theme from The Prince of Egypt
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2007 edited
    Almost everything from "Prince of Egypt". And that came without thinking longer than five seconds and without even reading the other comments. I love Zimmer to death; most of his stuff is great, but when I have to think about which themes had the most impact on me, emotionally and otherwise, I can honestly say "Prince of Egypt" was a firework.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    That thing from Backdraft.
    I have no idea what the track is called, but it's pretty much referenced in every single TV program ever since, and has ingrained itself as The Thunderous Action Theme We All Know.

And yeah, it IS a VERY good theme.
    I'm not even gonna bother looking it up. I KNOW you know what I mean.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    And yeah, it IS a VERY good theme.
    I'm not even gonna bother looking it up. I KNOW you know what I mean.

Show Me Your Firetruck... because that would get my vote as well.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No! Actually I meant "Burn It All", simply for its exposure power.
    I think it's been used on every single reality show in America and Europe since the first Survivor series (not to mention a whole lot of other media outings).

Personally I like your pick better though. It is more melodic.
    But "Burn It All" to my mind has that quality that makes you go "what IS that again?", when you hear it even when you've never seen the film or heard a soundtrack in your life.

I was aware of this track about ten years before I quite accidentally found what it was from. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Roll Tide (Crimson tide)
    This Land (Lion King)
    Beyond Rangoon
    Egyp theme (from Prince of egypt)
    Bus Stop (from Spanglish)
    Love theme from The last Samurai
    Sangreal's theme (From Da Vinci Code, Heard in "Fructus Gravis)
    Maria Magdalene Theme (from Da Vinci Code , Heard in the final half of Rose of arimathea")
    Love theme from At world's End.

I consider this themes the most complex and well devoloped.

Sadly I can't consider Journey to the line like a theme....More than a motif progression.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    JUST GOOD BUSINES.....

Incredible what Zimmer can do with a short motif, strings, horns and percusion! that's real talent!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2007
    how orchestral is crimson tide?

(the trumpet and the london choir aside)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2007 edited
    The triumphant theme from King of Pride Rock (Lion King) is an all time favourite of mine! For all who've not seen the movie, that scene has very little dialogue, and the music does it all and says the unsaid things, better than words. I really hope they release an expanded score one day, 16 min of this beautiful score on CD isn't fair, man!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2007
    Nautilus wrote
    Roll Tide (Crimson tide)
    This Land (Lion King)
    Beyond Rangoon
    Egyp theme (from Prince of egypt)
    Bus Stop (from Spanglish)
    Love theme from The last Samurai
    Sangreal's theme (From Da Vinci Code, Heard in "Fructus Gravis)
    Maria Magdalene Theme (from Da Vinci Code , Heard in the final half of Rose of arimathea")
    Love theme from At world's End.

I consider this themes the most complex and well devoloped.

Sadly I can't consider Journey to the line like a theme....More than a motif progression.

Oh...And "hes a pirate" probably his most addictive theme ever!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    How many Zimmer scores do you consider complex in composition?

wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    Nautilus wrote

wave

This question is not important. There is only good and bad music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Thomas wrote
    Nautilus wrote

wave

This question is not important. There is only good and bad music.

I never said it's important, but is my question. and I like it. tongue
  1. biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website