• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009
    ^
    What Thor said.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The "also an oscar-winning composer" argument made me giggle, to say the truth. If only quality could be measured as such. wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thor wrote
    What I can't believe is how guys like Giacchino or Brian Tyler have threads that go into the THOUSANDS!!

Tyler can kick Rahman´s ass with one of his drumsticks.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Marselus wrote
    Thor wrote
    What I can't believe is how guys like Giacchino or Brian Tyler have threads that go into the THOUSANDS!!

I bow to your superior reasoning.

wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Christodoulides wrote
    The "also an oscar-winning composer" argument made me giggle, to say the truth. If only quality could be measured as such. wink

C'mon D! You're laying out a straw man here. Thor meant it in the context of popularity.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    What I meant is I expected more replies for a composer so important!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009
    applause Well said, Thor! smile
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009

No, its not possible for Tyler to kick ass of Rahman, because his ass is well secured and protected by great drum artist Mr.Sivamani. Sivamani have worked with King of Pop Michael Jackson. He is really world renowned drum artist. So, as long as he stays, nobody can touch the ass of Rahman. So, you better warn Tyler Bates to secure or protect his ass very well, because Sivamani's drumsticks are very powerful and stronger than Tyler's.
  1. Sunil, Marselus meant BRIAN Tyler, not Tyler BATES. BRIAN Tyler is actually a drummer. Pretty good one at that.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2009
    ....pretty good at drumming, among other things.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2009
    Sunil, Marselus meant BRIAN Tyler, not Tyler BATES. BRIAN Tyler is actually a drummer. Pretty good one at that.

Whatsoever, Sivamani will protect Rahman and kick Tyler Bates' ass with drumsticks. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2009
    BhelPuri wrote
    Trailer for Shekhar Kapur short film Passage, starring Julia Stiles. The music is by ARR
    http://www.quietearth.us/articles/2009/ … lia-Stiles

Passage was released over the weekend at the Venice Film Festival.
    The short film is available to watch for free at the official website- http://www.passage-experience.com/

The site also has 5 tracks from the soundtrack for listening. No separate music release is planned as of now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2009
    BhelPuri wrote
    The short film is available to watch for free at the official website- http://www.passage-experience.com/

The site also has 5 tracks from the soundtrack for listening. No separate music release is planned as of now.

The tracks can be downloaded from http://www.passage-experience.com/media/soundtrack/soundtrackX.mp3
    Just replace X by 0 through 4.
    You'll want to normalize the tracks since the volume levels for some of them are too low.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2009
    A tentative tracklist for Couples Retreat is up. There seem to be two songs and so far three tracks of score. I suspect there should be more, though. It'll be released on 9th October.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2009 edited
    That website just downloaded the music samples from the movie website and gave his own titles!

The official tracklist was just posted a few minutes ago-
    http://b2b.ada-music.com/genericq.asp?m … S%20500131
    CD releases on Oct 13th.

1.Sajna
    2.Kurukuru Kan (Afro Nisha)
    3.Jason & Cynthia Suite
    4.NaNa
    5.Tour Of The Villas
    6.Meeting Marcel
    7.Itinerary
    8.Undress
    9.Sharks
    10.Luau by John O'Brien
    11.Salvadore
    12.Intervention
    13.The Waterfall
    14.Jason & Cynthia Piano Theme
    15.Animal Spirits
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2009 edited
    punk

The official site is up too - http://www.couplesretreatsoundtrack.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2009
    Awesome! Thanks for the heads up! How cool is it that the full tracks are there for listening!

Just done with my first round of listening. What an abundance of melody punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Wow what a fascinating assignment! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thanks! Good listen at work. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The wikipedia article really made my day. This is the first thing you read up at the top of the wiki movie's page smile

Couples Retreat is an upcoming 2009 comedy film directed by Peter Billingsley and written by Jon Favreau, Vince Vaughn and Dana Fox. Vaughn and Favreau also star in the film. The cast also includes Faizon Love, Jason Bateman, Kristin Davis, Kristen Bell, Malin Akerman and Kali Hawk. A. R. Rahman, winner of two Oscars at the 81st Academy Awards, is scoring the music for this film.

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Very interesting, how the same source (just to name one) only mentions this small line down the bottom of the FIRST KNIGHT movie page somewhere:

"The film's score was composed by Jerry Goldsmith."

Oh the irony of this world smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yeah, well, Goldsmith didn't won two Oscars on one evening right? wink

Had my first listen, and it's just an okay score. The main theme is clearly influenced by Latika's Theme from Slumdog. The song at the end is so love-sugar-blaaaaaaah that I almost vomited. I makes you hate love!

I'm gonna listen to Slumdog again. Much better!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Bregt wrote

I liked only 2 tracks in Slumdog (Mausam & Escape, Latika's theme). Couples Retreat has a lot more for me. Sure, it's just another silly rom-com and he goes overboard with the sappy and dramatic stuff. But it's fun!

The main theme is clearly influenced by Latika's Theme from Slumdog

Yeah, he mentioned recently that they wanted that kind of music and they kept hinting at it over and over.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I liked all non-song tracks from Slumdog actually, also very much the Millionaire track. I really like that second half of it. smile
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2009
    Bregt wrote
    Yeah, well, Goldsmith didn't won two Oscars on one evening right? wink

Had my first listen, and it's just an okay score. The main theme is clearly influenced by Latika's Theme from Slumdog. The song at the end is so love-sugar-blaaaaaaah that I almost vomited. I makes you hate love!

bhangra

Great songs too! I particularly like the track that rips Giorgio Moroder's 'I Feel Love'...corking!!! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2009
    This summer, Oscar-winning composer A.R. Rahman recorded his score for the new romantic comedy, Couples Retreat. Written by Jon Favreau, Vince Vaughn and Dana Fox, the Peter Billingsly-directed film had an original score recorded with the Hollywood Studio Symphony at the Sony Scoring Stage, and ScoringSessions.com is thrilled to bring our readers the exclusive photos from Rahman's first Hollywood feature!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2009
    Nice! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2009
    BLUE (SONGS by Rahman, no score).

series o.s.0 - sound clipst

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002 … d_i=231249

Doesn't this cover here look awfully similar to the LOST o.s.t covers?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Oh yeah, I listened to some of those songs at a friend's place earlier. Catchy stuff but not really my cup of tea. Shame there's no score cues included though, from the film's plot I guess Rahman must've delivered a good score in there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    There's always something funny in a sentence that reads "rahman delivers a good score" wink