• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2008
    Crysis- haven't played in a couple of weeks. I'm at the part with the aliens. INTENSE!!!
    Call Of Duty: 4
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    omaha wrote
    Crysis- haven't played in a couple of weeks. I'm at the part with the aliens. INTENSE!!!

I wonder what it would have been like if they hadn't told anyone aliens were going to be in the game. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Haha, that would have been cool. cool
    What part of the game do you find yourself at?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm at the beginning of the third level, fighting in the area with all the banana trees, so no aliens yet!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Haha, that portion was awesome.
    I feel like a predator when playing that game.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yup! biggrin

I hear the free-roaming bit disappears later on? confused (try not to spoil stuff!)
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Dang, I like the free-roaming.
    I won't spoil anything.
    I have nothing to spoil.
    I just met some creepy aliens.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Good, as long as they're not comical aliens (as in the comical mutants from Far Cry). rolleyes Gays! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Anthony wrote
    Good, as long as they're not comical aliens (as in the comical mutants from Far Cry). rolleyes Gays! tongue

Haha!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    There were the crazy monkeys, the bigger crazy monkeys, the huge frankenstein type things with rocket launchers for arms, and my 100 round fully automatic machine gun. That's what I'd call a fair fight. wink
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Curently fond of Mario Galaxy. What a game!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2008 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Anthony wrote
    3 of the 4 you can get on console, but Crysis will kill every system on the face of that planet at some point. Even mine, and it's a week old! cool shocked

Download performance tweaks some people made, they give you 5-10 fps more performance while still keeping visual quality. I did and it works great.

This site helped me: http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewforum.php?id=26
    Cuban Ultima Doom Sword's custom configs are pretty good.

Crysis is too beautiful a game to lower gfx details to improve gameplay.

For anyone with Crysis, I cannot reccomend this mod enough! Whatever type of system you are running it on, I gaurentee it will make the game look a whole lot better with unnoticible drops in performance! shocked biggrin punk

(The TOD mod is a bit excessive, so you might want to leave that out. When it's meant to be dark, it's DARK!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    omaha wrote

I wonder what it would have been like if they hadn't told anyone aliens were going to be in the game. cool

Too late tongue
    But we haven´t talked about alien sizes have we? wink

Anthony wrote
    I'm at the beginning of the third level, fighting in the area with all the banana trees, so no aliens yet!

Getting closer to the A-M-A-Z-I-N-G harbour level. Get ready and LOAD your guns!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    omaha wrote
    I feel like a predator when playing that game.

Totally agree.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Grr, I'm stuck towards the end of level 3. It's night time now (already?!) and I'm trying to get to the extraction point, but there's that freakin' helicopter and I can't seem to take it out! I found that shack with the missile launchers in earlier, but I already used all them to blow up two other choppers. crazy
  1. Hey Anthony nice to see the mod helped. It makes you wonder why the devs didn't think of this when they made the game, huh? There's always some bedroom genious with a lot of time on his hands to give us what we need.

And yeah the harbour level is fantastically sublimely intensely satisfying action all the way. No possible way to hate that level... EVER. But there are more great things to come.

For me the best thing about Crysis is the A.I. which is so devious and almost humanlike you cannot sit still because there's always some sneaky bastard you forgot to send to mercenary heaven that will kill you in an instant. And the suit is pretty nifty too.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    I still say the original Rollercoaster Tycoon is the best game ever made. It's retro now, but I can't stop playing it (even though my computer can cry)

Amen to that! I love the original Rollercoaster Tycoon. No tycoon game comes close the level of fun in this game. I used to spend hours building theme parks and rollercoasters. I haven't played the new one, have you?
  2. I played 1 and 3 (the latest) and they're pretty different in that the first one uses the isometric view and the new one is in full 3D. I played the original to death, however with the new one I quickly became bored, maybe I've grown out of these games, just like normal strategy doesn't do it to me anymore. But the 3D gives you a whole new set of options to make amazing coasters and rides. It's fun while it lasts.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjedizim
    I have played a lot of Super Marior Galaxy on the Wii lately, it is one of the best Wii games yet for sure.

On the PC I am still a City of Heroes nut...nothing better than whoopin up on the bad guys...heh heh.
    ---- Well, I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a no holds barred, adrenaline fueled thrill ride. But, there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    I'll have to play Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 over this summer. I got the itch to play it after thinking about it. Of course I'll have to install Windows on my Mac, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned GTA IV coming out at the end of this month. I'm really excited about that one. The others were always a lot of fun and this one looks to be even more amazing.
  3. Ah well, everybody and his dog knows GTA IV is coming out in two weeks. But I'll never be as excited about it as I was when Vice City was coming out, man that game needed to be in my hands on release. Well we'll see if it lives up to its predecessors. Judging by the creators claims, I'm sure it will.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2008 edited
    David wrote
    Anthony wrote
    I still say the original Rollercoaster Tycoon is the best game ever made. It's retro now, but I can't stop playing it (even though my computer can cry)

Amen to that! I love the original Rollercoaster Tycoon. No tycoon game comes close the level of fun in this game. I used to spend hours building theme parks and rollercoasters. I haven't played the new one, have you?

The first game is AMAZING. The second...is exactly the same but it runs on XP (that's the only reason I bought it). The third...freaking sucks! New developer and 3D cartoonish crap. I spent £30 on it and £15 on an expansion pack and probably didn't play them for more than 15 minutes. I hate it!

DreamTheater wrote
    Ah well, everybody and his dog knows GTA IV is coming out in two weeks.

Even though I know that, it still hit me when you said that. biggrin

And Crysis...I didn't really like level 3. It felt way too much like something out of Far Cry. And I swear that was the shortest day ever...you parachute to the island in the early hours, it gets light, it's daytime for a tiny bit, it kind of switches to evening and then it's suddenly dark when you exit that building. What the hell?! I blame the aliens! angry biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Grr, I'm stuck towards the end of level 3. It's night time now (already?!) and I'm trying to get to the extraction point, but there's that freakin' helicopter and I can't seem to take it out! I found that shack with the missile launchers in earlier, but I already used all them to blow up two other choppers. crazy

Ohh, come on Anthony, that level isn´t that tough! wink
    Hehe...it happened the same to me with the missile launchers. I think I found one somewhere. Just look for it while the helicopter shoots your ass tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Screw the boat, tonight I'm just going to run! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Screw the boat, tonight I'm just going to run! biggrin

Haha....sometimes the best you can do is use your feet and legs (shooting at the same time if possible).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I found using maximum speed while swimming has a fault where it never runs out, but I can't outswim a helicopter. biggrin

And FROGS! SO MANY FROGS! I wish they made a squish noise when you ran them over.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    And FROGS! SO MANY FROGS! I wish they made a squish noise when you ran them over.

lol
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I assume it's the graphics mod I installed, but it screws up the ''animal throwing'' physics. When I pick up a frog and throw it at the KPA guys, the frog just continues floating through the air in a straight line. It's good for accuracy, but it looks a little silly when I'm just doing general frog throwing. smile biggrin

I wonder if frog + helicopter = a good idea? Perhaps I can beat the level this way? lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    When I pick up a frog and throw it at the KPA guys, the frog just continues floating through the air in a straight line. It's good for accuracy, but it looks a little silly when I'm just doing general frog throwing. smile

Haha....I love when you can do stuff like this in a game just for the pleasure of it. I have to admit I´ve spent some time just shooting (and tearing apart) at things in Call of Duty 4, or killing rats in Max Payne. tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Are there any other interesting animals that pop up?

So far I've seen crabs, frogs and a giant turtle. biggrin

Oh, and chickens and the weird birds with long beeks (sandpipers?)

I hope the Far Cry boar appear again...then we're in Lost territory! dizzy

And I kid you not, I have SEEN SMOKEY! I will post a screenshot. wink biggrin