• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2008
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    GTA IV (PS3) ! punk punk punk punk punk punk

GTA IV (360) !

Multiplayer is INSANE! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2008
    More info on GTA IV please, both multiplayer and single player, graphics, gameplay, storyline, everything. How is it like, in comparison with SAN ANDREAS?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It's better than all of them put together! punk

Gameplay - The core mechcanics still remain (stealing cars, shooting everything, causing general havoc), but everything has been expanded on in some way. When breaking into cars, you have to smash the window in and hotwire it. When shooting, you can now use everything as cover and either pop out and shoot, or blind fire (even rocket launchers!). There's more random shit to do as well, so you can go bowling, go drinking, or go to some genuinely funny gigs (I love the magic shows!). Plus there's the mobile phone, where you can actually pick the ring tones! You can call people up and see if they want to ''hang out'' or people call you about missions. Wicked!

Graphics - The best looking GTA there is. A little rough around the edges, but it's incredibly easy to forgive that considering how much there is going on. They've really got the details right this time - when it rains people use newspapers as umbrellas, hobos gather around flaming trash cans. And that's not even mentioning the physics engine! Car handling is insane (fun, but insane). You can pull off proper Hollywood turns and stunts which is cool, and you can turn the headlights from main to full beam (detail!). Plus, if someone tries to jack your car when you're at some lights, simply start driving away and they'll hang onto the door handle for dear life. It's hilarious!

Sound - I don't think I even need to say what the quality of the radio stations are. Ricky Gervais even does some stuff which is cool! I've always been a fan on the talk show stations rather than the music, so I'm not too sure what's on there yet!

Story - For once, I like all the characters. It's very, very funny and well written. Again, I've only scratched the surface, so I assume this will get even better.

Multiplayer - Oh. My. God. This is NUTS. I can't even describe in words how cool it is to have not 1 but 16 people causing the usual GTA chaos. Knife fights on top of buildings, drive by shootings, car racing...PLAY THIS GAME!!!
  1. If you like to watch, gasp in amazement at the video review done by the chaps of www.gametrailers.com. Absolutely bloody gorgeous.

If you like to read, www.gamespot.com has a rather nice review. But a bit short considering the amount of content in the game. But that's for the player to discover.

ME WANTS IT ! MY PRECIOUS ! cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2008 edited
    Already did. smile tongue

I really dislike GameSpot when they hand the video reviews over to the UK guys...they're just so British... tongue biggrin

(don't even point out the irony here!)
  2. Anthony wrote
    PLAY THIS GAME!!!

AAAAARRRGGGHH, your little review just gave me shivers, dude. Had a feeling you would already be causing carnage in Lib. City. punk punk punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The magic shows are awesome!

It's a magician and his assistant (who always ends up injured/dead).

I've been to two shows currently:

- On the first occasion the magician did a levitating act. When someone in the audience distracted him, his assistant must have been a few meters in the air and fell when he lost his focus.
    - On the second, it was knife throwing. In short, he missed and hit the poor woman in the shoulder. biggrin
  3. Anthony wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    GTA IV (PS3) ! punk punk punk punk punk punk

GTA IV (360) !

Multiplayer is INSANE! biggrin

Unfortunalety, we have the same games (CoD 4, GTA), but we can't play online together ! vomit biggrin

Yeah, insane ! shocked shocked biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2008
    Anthony, your review RULED!

Now, i must have this!
  4. I keep reading reports about people having tons of problems while playing GTA 4 on PS3 and Xbox 360 such as lockups, connectivity hassles and worst of all, total crashes where the console becomes FUBAR. Anyone playing the game experienced anything at all?

I want to buy it for PS3 but it seems the most bugged version of the two. I hope RockStar will have a patch available soon. Incredible that such a high profile game gets released in the state it's in. I guess they couldn't meet the deadline and decided to release it as is, as happens frequently these days. Games are supposed to bring you enjoyment, not send your console to the graveyard.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2008
    DreamTheater wrote
    Incredible that such a high profile game gets released in the state it's in. I guess they couldn't meet the deadline and decided to release it as is, as happens frequently these days.

Sad thing is that it also happens with Operating Systems as well : sigh:
  5. DreamTheater wrote
    I want to buy it for PS3 but it seems the most bugged version of the two.

I've been playing GTA for PS3 for a week, and there's no problems...

Except one freeze...

But this is something common in the GTA games... biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2008
    I've heard a lot of people (PS3 owners especially) have had freezing issues. I've got it on 360 and haven't had a single problem yet. dizzy
  6. Call me old school.

But I'm using a DOS emulator and I got back to...

OLD SIERRA ADVENTURES

Police Quest 1 is just GODDAMN AMAZING.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2008
    Pawel, I like you!
    SPACE QUEST! Roger Wilco to the rescue!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2008
    Was playing duck hunt last night. Awesome. biggrin
  7. Played CIV 4 (with expansions) a bit recently. Won on Monarch difficulty with a small map for the first time, with a space race victory. Then followed it up immediately with a cultural victory!
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2008
    Trackmania Nations Forever. punk
    Free and so much fun online.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Was playing duck hunt last night. Awesome. biggrin

Wow, that brings back memories! I still have that giant orange pistol in my closet somewhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2008
    PS3

Motorstorm (great visuals)
    Everyone's Golf 5 (relaxed fun)
    Asassin's Creed (completed only one assasination so far...)
    Warhawk (my all round favourite)
    Uncharted (completed, nice!)
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2008
    Might sound odd, but I haven't crossed the final stage of Dangerous Dave till now!! confused That final part with the disc things unloading on you is just tough as HELL!! crazy
  8. I've spent two hours playing GTA4 yesterday, the first two I might add. I was so totally jawdropped I couldn't go on. Is this even possible in videogames? The level of technical achievement done by Rockstar boggles my mind. The cellphone is a truly remarkable addition. And the detail in the city: OMG. Virtual life doesn't get better than this.
    OH... damn... I must go rest... my mind hurts. dizzy

No seriously I hope my PS3 doesn't go on strike over here, I need to experience Liberty City without any hickups!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2008
    I just watched The Matrix, and for the first time I've realised the creators of Crysis totally ripped off the design of the Sentinels for their aliens. crazy rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2008
    What games have I played recently/

poker
    Scrabble
    Pool

cool wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  9. I've played pool recently with a virtual date in GTA 4, a nice simulation of the real thing btw. Only bowling I can't get the hang of, the ball never takes off sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    DreamTheater wrote
    I've played pool recently with a virtual date in GTA 4, a nice simulation of the real thing btw.

The date or the pool? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    I've played pool recently with a virtual date in GTA 4, a nice simulation of the real thing btw. Only bowling I can't get the hang of, the ball never takes off sleep

Virtual Pool vomit

The real thing mate and nothing but! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote

I tend to agree with this wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote

I tend to agree with this wink

beer cool
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2008
    I'm currently playing Ocarina of Time for the 4th time all over again. I got stuck in the Water Temple again, but I finally managed to get through this dungeon once more. Sigh...